• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
You may know that my theology is syntheism. The belief that humans are creating God. And that all of us are in some ways already doing this. Ideally, you’d think because of this that I wouldn’t be a nihilist. However, negative thoughts permeate my head on a daily basis. I love being an advocate for Syntheism, Earthseed and Exaltism, but I have this one looming dread that can’t escape my mind.

This is the thought that no matter what I do to help create God, ultimately I am a very small piece of doing so. In fact, God would be created whether or not I existed. My existence does not matter because of the billions of humans that already pervade society I am just one mere mortal whose goal is to help people see the divinity of nature.

Even Christ, who had so much of all five key characteristics of what I call divine, and has shaped societies for generations upon generations, did not ultimately create God by himself and had a lot of help, like apostle Paul, after he died. I often say that Jesus held 5% of all divinity of humans, but without those other humans, he wouldn’t have been able to transform society.

Although I feel like overall my existence does not matter, and Syntheist theology is already In many religions, including some Christian denominations, I am still glad to exist today where my opinion can be heard freely. I know I am not a direct cause for God to exist, and I know that even without me God would still be developed by our species, but my aim, reach and goal of this forum is to advocate as hard as I can that divinity is in all things, but especially in all humans.

I am in awe and I’m inspired in all the work we have currently done, but I realize that we have a lot of work to be done to truly be God and we have goal posts to go past. Between the divine stages of man and the Kardashev Scale, there is a lot of things that need to be done before God is in all of us and within all of nature too. I hope I can inspire future young Syntheists to take my lead and teach new upcoming generations of humans of our divinity.

I wish I could have both the normal life and Syntheism to inspire me. I don’t drive, I don’t have a job, I don’t have a girlfriend or children and I live off government welfare to survive. I have too much free time and I spend a lot of my effort on projects that my friends and I work on a consistent basis. Between music and writing I spend a lot of my time doing unpaid work, but I need to do it to preoccupy my time with something more constructive than watching YouTube or listening to Spotify all day.

I would normally post this as a post as part of Brain Droppings, however lately I haven’t been getting replies back to that thread and I really need support for this dread that I feel is my overall nihilism of syntheism. Overall I feel as if I just don’t matter much at all. Sure, I matter to my family and friends, but outside my inner circle I’m really not changing much of anything. As happy as I am to be part of this God-creation I seek and need to do something that pushes that agenda further.

If anyone knows how to avoid their own personal nihilism, whether they are syntheist, monotheist or atheist, I would like to hear about stories about how you’ve helped society and how to avoid feeling like your very existence is unimportant in the overall arc of reality. I am not a nihilist when it comes to the big picture, I even think that after my death I will eventually have my own physical Synverses to control, but when it comes to the details of my life now I just keep wondering “Why am I here at all right now?”

I haven’t convinced anyone of my beliefs that weren’t already invested in transhumanism to begin with. I don’t do any amount of meaningful work because of my disability. And overall I don’t know why I exist. I wish I could get out of my shell, but I have nothing to break out to. No purpose, no meaning, no value in my life now because I’ve ultimately avoided any real responsibility in my life, besides being an advocate for my belief system.

Can someone please help me feel better and avoid this apparently permanent existential crisis I’ve been having since I’ve had a disability?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
You may know that my theology is syntheism. The belief that humans are creating God. And that all of us are in some ways already doing this. Ideally, you’d think because of this that I wouldn’t be a nihilist. However, negative thoughts permeate my head on a daily basis. I love being an advocate for Syntheism, Earthseed and Exaltism, but I have this one looming dread that can’t escape my mind.

This is the thought that no matter what I do to help create God, ultimately I am a very small piece of doing so. In fact, God would be created whether or not I existed. My existence does not matter because of the billions of humans that already pervade society I am just one mere mortal whose goal is to help people see the divinity of nature.

Even Christ, who had so much of all five key characteristics of what I call divine, and has shaped societies for generations upon generations, did not ultimately create God by himself and had a lot of help, like apostle Paul, after he died. I often say that Jesus held 5% of all divinity of humans, but without those other humans, he wouldn’t have been able to transform society.

Although I feel like overall my existence does not matter, and Syntheist theology is already In many religions, including some Christian denominations, I am still glad to exist today where my opinion can be heard freely. I know I am not a direct cause for God to exist, and I know that even without me God would still be developed by our species, but my aim, reach and goal of this forum is to advocate as hard as I can that divinity is in all things, but especially in all humans.

I am in awe and I’m inspired in all the work we have currently done, but I realize that we have a lot of work to be done to truly be God and we have goal posts to go past. Between the divine stages of man and the Kardashev Scale, there is a lot of things that need to be done before God is in all of us and within all of nature too. I hope I can inspire future young Syntheists to take my lead and teach new upcoming generations of humans of our divinity.

I wish I could have both the normal life and Syntheism to inspire me. I don’t drive, I don’t have a job, I don’t have a girlfriend or children and I live off government welfare to survive. I have too much free time and I spend a lot of my effort on projects that my friends and I work on a consistent basis. Between music and writing I spend a lot of my time doing unpaid work, but I need to do it to preoccupy my time with something more constructive than watching YouTube or listening to Spotify all day.

I would normally post this as a post as part of Brain Droppings, however lately I haven’t been getting replies back to that thread and I really need support for this dread that I feel is my overall nihilism of syntheism. Overall I feel as if I just don’t matter much at all. Sure, I matter to my family and friends, but outside my inner circle I’m really not changing much of anything. As happy as I am to be part of this God-creation I seek and need to do something that pushes that agenda further.

If anyone knows how to avoid their own personal nihilism, whether they are syntheist, monotheist or atheist, I would like to hear about stories about how you’ve helped society and how to avoid feeling like your very existence is unimportant in the overall arc of reality. I am not a nihilist when it comes to the big picture, I even think that after my death I will eventually have my own physical Synverses to control, but when it comes to the details of my life now I just keep wondering “Why am I here at all right now?”

I haven’t convinced anyone of my beliefs that weren’t already invested in transhumanism to begin with. I don’t do any amount of meaningful work because of my disability. And overall I don’t know why I exist. I wish I could get out of my shell, but I have nothing to break out to. No purpose, no meaning, no value in my life now because I’ve ultimately avoided any real responsibility in my life, besides being an advocate for my belief system.

Can someone please help me feel better and avoid this apparently permanent existential crisis I’ve been having since I’ve had a disability?

Meaning and value are human constructs. The clue is in the word "construct." If one does not construct meaning/value/purpose, one is (clearly) without meaning/value/purpose. These surely are to be made, in spite of your disability? Helping others, in whatever way, is the greatest vehicle to forgot one's own ego construct and make your contribution to this world. Share your self to lose your self :)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

It sounds like you have very high expectations for yourself. If it were easy to change the world, just about everyone would do it. Perhaps you could focus less on changing the world and more on making your own life satisfactory and meaningful to yourself and social circle?

I'd also like to ask if you've ever published anything? You have plenty of content to write philosophical books, it seems.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Few of us have consequences on the scale of our nation, state, or province, much less on the scale of humanity as a whole.

However, I don't evaluate a meter stick by its capability to measure kilometres. I don't evaluate the food I eat today based on whether it will change my life.

Likewise, I am aware that I am a single individual. I am responsible for the choices I make with my life and those are the ones that most directly impact my everyday experience of the world. I have a place in the larger scheme of things, even if my role is small and even if other people don't recognize it. Despite its minuscule size relative to the cosmos, my life is still the greatest thing that I will ever experience since it contains all of my experiences.

Humanity is made up of humans. By changing yourself, you change the part of humanity that you control and are responsible for. Every day is a small contribution. Small, yes, but still a contribution nonetheless. The world would be slightly worse off without your well-intentioned efforts.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I will be 82 next month. I've been retired from paid work for 9 years. I have enough money not to have to worry about it. I am in good health, but getting less physically active. In short I understand where you are coming from. What should I do with myself?

The best thing I have found so far is working on a "bucket list". Currently I'm learning to play the clarinet. Bucket list things don't have to be generally admired or socially redeeming, just meaningful to you. Maybe this helps, I hope so.