• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australian Satanism and the Temple of THEM

hollow

One of THEM
@ Doors. Thanks for reply. I'll take a look at the material you've linked to and consider it appropriately before replying.

@ Ametist. Thanks for your interest. Dark Gods is an epithet used by the O9A which we borrow from time to time. The fact their presence utterly terrifies and scars can be considered dark from a human point of view in terms of the effects and associations and Feeling they bring when they visit - a remembrance as it were of ancient horror forgotten - and the feeling itself as dark/negative in impact. But the term Dark is only valid up to a point - used mostly to designate THEM through a human lense - but more than any moral value - we understand THEM not as dark, but OLD. i.e. Before Satan. i.e. Beings that are Inhuman. Calling them dark is a matter of taste, convenience, and habit.

ScottySatan

Are you the same person that was a member very briefly and banned in 2011? Or just a friend? I have a record of asking the site leadership why "The Temple of THEM" was banned in October 2011 before that banned person/group answered my question. Damned if I remember what that question was, but I really wanted to know! Do you know?

Last edited:

hollow

One of THEM
No. And I doubt my ability to answer a question you cannot remember asked of a member of Them whose name is not provided from 2011. Sorry Scotty.

ametist

@ Doors. Thanks for reply. I'll take a look at the material you've linked to and consider it appropriately before replying.

@ Ametist. Thanks for your interest. Dark Gods is an epithet used by the O9A which we borrow from time to time. The fact their presence utterly terrifies and scars can be considered dark from a human point of view in terms of the effects and associations and Feeling they bring when they visit - a remembrance as it were of ancient horror forgotten - and the feeling itself as dark/negative in impact. But the term Dark is only valid up to a point - used mostly to designate THEM through a human lense - but more than any moral value - we understand THEM not as dark, but OLD. i.e. Before Satan. i.e. Beings that are Inhuman. Calling them dark is a matter of taste, convenience, and habit.
Hi again. I am happy i met this thread again :) You are anti-abrahamic. Then why something so OLD is known (or worshipped) by you or anyone or should be known (worshipped) by one more person because now it is out in the open and anyone can hear about it? Recruitment? Why?
I am asking because there was mention of worship in your early post. Thanks :)
If Dark is valid up to a point and is actually matter of taste wasnt it misleading to present them as dark? Can you make a mistake against them? If so do you have to repent? What is them's approach to non-worshippers?

Last edited:

hollow

One of THEM

Hi again. I am happy i met this thread again :) You are anti-abrahamic. Then why something so OLD is known (or worshipped) by you or anyone or should be known (worshipped) by one more person because now it is out in the open and anyone can hear about it?

- It's always been out in the open. THEM merely represent their own view of what is out in the open and not from one but multiple viewpoints.

Recruitment?

- Whose recruiting? Our membership is closed.

Why?

- Why what?

If Dark is valid up to a point and is actually matter of taste wasnt it misleading to present them as dark?

- No, its not misleading. It is the only way some people can apprehend them. The same way you know hot water is hot, because of the tension of cold water. Knowledge unfolds in stages. We don't know what a rainbow is at seven, we know it as something else when we understand light, and something else when we realize no-one knows what light is. The landscape and thus handholds of every mountain change with each climb and every climber. To call them Dark is, valid up to a point, and a matter of taste. To call THEM Anything, is in my opinion, misleading - but to write about them, talk about them, requires abstracts, unless those being written to, spoken to, understand the nature of what is being said, shared - and even then, it is difficult to say two peoples experiences can be compared as identical, and usually some agreement of similar.

Can you make a mistake against them?

- Yes.

If so do you have to repent?

- No. They are not deities. They are inhuman. Though they may be represented as deities. They may also be representative of the human realm and its problems, its psychic maladies and neuroses. They represent the inner and outer. They represent many many things. One of them, the phyrms own laws. If you jump off a cliff, you have made a mistake - trying to defy gravity. Gravity is represented by THEM. Doesn't matter what you call it, or whether you believe in it - its just one of those things that wont be argued with. like death. or love. or thousands of other forces. THEY are forces bigger than us.

What is them's approach to non-worshippers?

- Myriad. Depends on individual basis, synchrony of form, strategy at the time, other factors.

Last edited:

ametist

Are you a little angry with me? You could recruit if you or them wanted who am i to say no you cant.
So when your membership is closed and it is apparent many will never be able to become a part of it because it would feel dark/scaring to them what is the interest of them or you to write in a public forum?
Also i still dont understand what it means to be anti abrahamic.
They are so much bigger forces than us ,so what is their interest in us?
What is the way you communicate with them?

kerriscott

So when your membership is closed and it is apparent many will never be able to become a part of it because it would feel dark/scaring to them what is the interest of them or you to write in a public forum?
Excellent questions. There is no evidence - no mainstream sources, academic or otherwise - to indicate that this 'temple', and its alleged offshoots and its so-called "satanic co-operative", are anything more than one anonymous person and his writings, and which writings are: (1) published under various pseudonyms either via the internet or via anonymous self-publishing mediums, and (2) seem to be mostly re-packaged O9A ideas and esoteric philosophy.

There is thus a credibility problem.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Excellent questions. There is no evidence - no mainstream sources, academic or otherwise - to indicate that this 'temple', and its alleged offshoots and its so-called "satanic co-operative", are anything more than one anonymous person and his writings, and which writings are: (1) published under various pseudonyms either via the internet or via anonymous self-publishing mediums, and (2) seem to be mostly re-packaged O9A ideas and esoteric philosophy.

There is thus a credibility problem.

Who cares? I hardly think not seeking followers and being an independent philosopher is against the concept of LHP.

hollow

One of THEM
Are you a little angry with me? You could recruit if you or them wanted who am i to say no you cant.
Also i still dont understand what it means to be anti abrahamic.
They are so much bigger forces than us ,so what is their interest in us?
What is the way you communicate with them?

Angry? I'm not in the slightest emotional - you asked questions, I gave answers - where does anger come into it? Are you projecting your expectations and emotions on to me?

The Temple of THEM works in multiplicities. We have an internal membership with eight of us that perform certain roles and goals. We also have a broader understanding of the Temple of THEM meaning evolutionary life and higher consciousness itself, to which some belong without needing to know or be affiliated with the inner sanctum of us eight. We use public presence and synchronicity to make contact with them. We also seek to expand general consciousness and evolution, our own and where possible, others. Thus we have a physical temple conduit and a holistic temple conduit - where general awareness being raised through sharing what we discover and unfold through our group is considered of value to offer up to others - for it is a reciprocal exchange. We do not need these others to join our Temple to work with them. Only to know of them, maybe aid them, or have them aid us - so we all grow. However, like calling Dark Gods, Dark, things grow in stages, where some things are true to a certain point, and therefore necessary, and then later, discarded.

Their interest in us is on any level is hard to be sure. They may not be interested in us at all. But I and the rest of us are interested in THEM.

specialized Sex magic, death magic, development of empathy, inward introspection, experiment, archetypal magic, narrative magic, increase in synchronicity, empathy, solidarity with Ones of THEM, through understanding what THEY are, want, how we can work with them, dreams, signs, symbols, intuition, genius, madness, vantage, luck, chance, knowledge, love, and certain methods of other magic are some of the ways to communicate - or have THEM communicate.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Hi. I'd like introduce the Temple of Them. We are eight people with various magical backgrounds and formed in 2006. We are theist and worship forces we call THEM. We operate out of Australia and recently formed the Australian Satanic Organization Victoria for real world meetings and activities. We each have our own system of magic and philosophy and have written dozens of books and thousands of pages on the occult. We've been published in various occult magazines by publishers as well as run our own book distributory - but offer hundreds of essays, images and materials freely from our wordpress. We support dozens of bands, artists, authors and lhp groups. We are presently working on a mammoth tome of our last two decades work - encompassing work written prior to taking the name of the Temple - that is a lovecraftian styled grimoire with every one of its 600 pages illustrated, called the Themonomicon. What we do is detailed in our work called Abracadabra and a short movie called Form 101 available from our wordpress. We look forward to fruitful discussion. ISS/h

May I ask why you would name yourselves after a character in Christian theology?

hollow

One of THEM
Here you are, Hollow. Finally was semi-satisfied with our written philosophy.
[/url]

Thanks for this - influencing others, either through edicts of change, or by setting an example for others to follow is difficult water to tread: I like the philosophy laid out here - I was curious if you could give me an example from your own journey where this philosophy has applied to spread itself through another? Moreover the mechanics? I.e. when using archetypal magic myself, that is, adopting a certain appearance and shape, character or symbolic entity, such as the Fool, Alpha-Cynic, or Hollow Krist, I write and present myself physically and through writing, differently: that is to say that different energies/ideas/priorities come through because of the change in lens: - people are affected by form, particularly certain archetypes more than others depending on where they are at in the cycle inward and outward - it is enough sometimes to simply post a certain shape in the form of a written document or essay to influence others: in other cases, a face to face transformation is required - neither is particularly difficult or dissimilar to the other method but they walk a fine line between manipulating others toward a goal, and shining a light bright enough that they want to follow of their own volition.
Any of these ways are successful magic through influence or charisma or archetypal resonance. This naturally is a fragment of our own methodology, but I think it achieves or aims to achieve similar goals to the ODS in creating examples for others to follow, a wyrd series of pied pipers. We express the concept of creating the Undividual, or First Human, and I think it borders very closely on the Prima Materia needed for your Law to enact itself of itself through others: that is to say, that the stage of Prima Materia may be needed to set the dye, after all, humans are deeply alchemically analogic.

hollow

One of THEM
Our name, I'm sure, coincides with many forms, names, meanings - some intentional, some not. Yours, is not.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Our name, I'm sure, coincides with many forms, names, meanings - some intentional, some not. Yours, is not.

All that work over many years, and you come here to promote your group, but are playing the fool.

Do you have an actual straight answer? Why identify yourselves as worshippers of a figure in Christian theology?

I have no idea why you are choosing to be so obtuse, it is a genuine question, if you can not answer - please just say so.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Thanks for this - influencing others, either through edicts of change, or by setting an example for others to follow is difficult water to tread: I like the philosophy laid out here - I was curious if you could give me an example from your own journey where this philosophy has applied to spread itself through another? Moreover the mechanics? I.e. when using archetypal magic myself, that is, adopting a certain appearance and shape, character or symbolic entity, such as the Fool, Alpha-Cynic, or Hollow Krist, I write and present myself physically and through writing, differently: that is to say that different energies/ideas/priorities come through because of the change in lens: - people are affected by form, particularly certain archetypes more than others depending on where they are at in the cycle inward and outward - it is enough sometimes to simply post a certain shape in the form of a written document or essay to influence others: in other cases, a face to face transformation is required - neither is particularly difficult or dissimilar to the other method but they walk a fine line between manipulating others toward a goal, and shining a light bright enough that they want to follow of their own volition.

Actually just within the past few month I got a coworker / friend into the concept of Thelema during a conversation on why I do certain things, think certain ways. When I use archetypes with others I generally use the idea of Lucifer because it's very straight forward. This is even why I call myself "Luciferian" instead of something like "Kheprian" or anything. Another way I've tried to lead by example and spread knowledge is doing Q & A with the philosophy and religion classes my friends teach. Don't even put on a fake mask, last time I just had a T-shirt and shorts and kicked up my legs to whole time. They even took note and I simply explained that I was there to share my views, not to convert them or impress them, I was simply myself.

My most recent act was actually difficult. I broke down at work and admitted a lot of the weaknesses and hypocrisies I felt about myself to myself and my manage and girlfriend as well. What example am I if I don't show my weakness and humanity as well?

More personal rituals and symbolism I use I prefer to keep to the chest, if you don't mind. I like discussion and learning but the deepest symbolism of my system I prefer to keep to myself for the most part simply so the meanings don't get contorted. Since that aspect is fully subjective I simply choose to use my own meanings as "true" and leave them untainted.

Last edited by a moderator:

hollow

One of THEM
Actually just within the past few month I got a coworker / friend into the concept of Thelema during a conversation on why I do certain things, think certain ways. When I use archetypes with others I generally use the idea of Lucifer because it's very straight forward. This is even why I call myself "Luciferian" instead of something like "Kheprian" or anything. Another way I've tried to lead by example and spread knowledge is doing Q & A with the philosophy and religion classes my friends teach. Don't even put on a fake mask, last time I just had a T-shirt and shorts and kicked up my legs to whole time. They even took note and I simply explained that I was there to share my views, not to convert them or impress them, I was simply myself.

My most recent act was actually difficult. I broke down at work and admitted a lot of the weaknesses and hypocrisies I felt about myself to myself and my manage and girlfriend as well. What example am I if I don't show my weakness and humanity as well?

More personal rituals and symbolism I use I prefer to keep to the chest, if you don't mind. I like discussion and learning but the deepest symbolism of my system I prefer to keep to myself for the most part simply so the meanings don't get contorted. Since that aspect is fully subjective I simply choose to use my own meanings as "true" and leave them untainted.

Very interesting - and very similar to my own MO's. I.e. Thoth, Khk, Ryan Anschauung as phantoms that incited certain changes through the refraction of people reactions to and off those forms: (both however an outward ripple and an inward of my own personal change too), Ryan also showed his weakness and humanity for similar reasons. I recorded all this in various notes in my Diary of a Devilworshipper series and various 'confessions of a shape shifter' over the years: though only recently have I really come to get a better grasp of archetypal magic. It shares many pastures with leadership. Of course, don't show what you don't need to, feel comfortable doing - I was just curious as to your basic method and find a lot of pathos with your motivations and methods as my own. I will be happy to discuss some of my own in detail with you in the interest of aiding ODS or ODS aiding THEM- in private or via email. I can also send you some documents such as Diary of a Devilworshipper V which go into great detail on some aspects of our shape-shifting/archetypal magic, human alchemy. I think we have a lot in common but enough in difference to make an exchange mutually beneficial.

Last edited:

kerriscott

Who cares?
Some people have certain concerns, especially given he's publicly announced there's a 'temple', a 'satanic co-operative', and 'members'.

Plus, there's no proof that he has actually done anything practical in terms of the LHP/sorcery.

You've only got the word of some anonymous person anonymously posting stuff on the internet that this 'temple' and 'members' exist.

If there's nothing of substance, in the real world, and no real person with practical experience, to back up the claims and the practice, then it's just more theoretical gabble about the LHP by another anonymous person, and thus lacks credibility.

At least with the CoS, ToS, and the O9A, there's substance - people - in the real world with real practical experience. Not just words anonymously posted.

Obviously, some people are OK with taking such anonymous gabble seriously; some others aren't.
being an independent philosopher is against the concept of LHP.
He's hardly a 'philosopher' - there's very little that's original, and certainly nothing scholarly. Where's his original ontology, for example, or his epistemology?

Last edited: