• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Australia: 3,500 selfish people gather in Sydney for antilockdown protest

danieldemol

Premium Member
'There has been chaos in the heart of Sydney as anti-lockdown protesters, many maskless, took to the streets to protest COVID-19 restrictions, sparking police clashes and 57 arrests.
Thousands walked through Sydney's inner-city, despite the city being in lockdown. Some of the protesters were carrying placards with anti-vaccination messages. Many appeared not to be wearing masks...

...Police Minister David Elliott said a strike force of 22 detectives had been set up to track down 3500 "very selfish boofheads". He also said anyone who attended the protest to get tested for COVID-19.'

Source: Chaos as thousands gather for anti-lockdown protests

In the clip, "NSW police clash with protestors" from about 0:10 there is a protestor holding up a sign saying "I believe in Jesus not the vaccine".

Hopefully as many of them get charged as possible with flouting lockdown rules.

In my opinion.

Last edited:

Justanatheist

I am seeing annoyance building against the religious loons who are 'anti vaccinations, I will not allow a couple of friends anywhere near me because they refuse to get vaccinated, their religious views have never bothered me until now.'

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Damn traitors, they should be brought up before the magistrate and sentenced to Transportation to one of the colonies... Oh, wait. :p

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
These are the stats for Australia:

Screenshot_20210724-105222.png

They don't need any lockdowns.

We Never Know

No Slack
'There has been chaos in the heart of Sydney as anti-lockdown protesters, many maskless, took to the streets to protest COVID-19 restrictions, sparking police clashes and 57 arrests.
Thousands walked through Sydney's inner-city, despite the city being in lockdown. Some of the protesters were carrying placards with anti-vaccination messages. Many appeared not to be wearing masks...

...Police Minister David Elliott said a strike force of 22 detectives had been set up to track down 3500 "very selfish boofheads". He also said anyone who attended the protest to get tested for COVID-19.'

In the clip, "NSW police clash with protestors" from about 0:10 there is a protestor holding up a sign saying "I believe in Jesus not the vaccine".

In my opinion.

Meanwhile in the US....
"July 4th weekend celebrated Independence Day and Americans used their freedom to travel in record numbers. While over 3.5 million people chose to fly, 43.6 million people traveled via the roads, which was an all-time record"

And people are wondering why we have a virus surge.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

In my opinion.
It's a fight for freedom from rouge power hungry people who like to control the lives of others.

Solution for compliance?

Do better at making a more convincing case, so people can see any rhyme and reason. Otherwise it's going to be difficult to continue selling a pandemic of which the majority will factually survive it, vaccine or no vaccine.

Twilight Hue

Meanwhile in the US....
"July 4th weekend celebrated Independence Day and Americans used their freedom to travel in record numbers. While over 3.5 million people chose to fly, 43.6 million people traveled via the roads, which was an all-time record"

And people are wondering why we have a virus surge.

My reason is people don't react to a fire unless the fire becomes big enough. The virus isn't big enough yet.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
there is a protestor holding up a sign saying "I believe in Jesus not the vaccine"
That is what they call "Freedom of Religion", isn't it? And "Freedom of Expression"

I never forget @ChristineM say on RF "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
I like @ChristineM her statement, hence I find it hypocritical if people disapprove of a protester holding up that sign

And by the way, if you take the sign literally, using proper English interpretation, there is nothing wrong with it

Note: I only replied to the protester's opinion as in "Freedom of Religion", not to the crowds or other stuff
Note: Reminds me about people objecting to "picture of Muhammad" yes or no? Hypocrisy easily raises it's hood

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Solution for compliance?

Do better at making a more convincing case,

If hundreds of thousands of people dying is not convincing; if the words of Republicans who admit to the facts is not convincing; if the voices of the knowledgeable is not convincing; if the voices of reason are not convincing, then nothing is convincing.

I've read a number of reports of people dying who finally realized that they were wrong. And even those voices are not convincing which proves my point.

At some point those who refuse to do the right thing must be compelled one way or another. I applaud firing those who work in nursing homes and hospitals who refuse vaccination. They have no right to put others in jeopardy by their intransigence.

Twilight Hue

If hundreds of thousands of people dying is not convincing; if the words of Republicans who admit to the facts is not convincing; if the voices of the knowledgeable is not convincing; if the voices of reason are not convincing, then nothing is convincing.

I've read a number of reports of people dying who finally realized that they were wrong. And even those voices are not convincing which proves my point.

At some point those who refuse to do the right thing must be compelled one way or another. I applaud firing those who work in nursing homes and hospitals who refuse vaccination. They have no right to put others in jeopardy by their intransigence.

Massive figures means nothing unless hundreds of thousands are dying around you in the immediate vicinity.

That's the issue. People are being dishonest and manipulative enjoying using shock value and others pick up on that. While the grand totals may be true, the context and perspective is certainly not when you factor in per capita and metrics.