• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists are now supporting intelligent design

Looncall

IMO the "intelligent design" theory of the universe carries any more credibility than an "intelligent design" theory of a certain terrestrial planet would in ancient Greece. If our civilization was completely oblivious to the existence of dead planets such a Mercury, Venus and Mars then many philosophers could be using our earth as evidence of intelligent design even with evolution taken into account. Since it has become abundantly clear the dead planets do exist we have undergone a paradigm shift from an intelligently designed friendly planet to an intelligent designed friendly universe, but too many people do not consider the possibility of dead universes beyond this one just as we already well aware there are dead planets.

Nicely put.

On a related note, the universe and our planet aren't that friendly to life. Imagine what would happen if you were transported to some random location in either, by yourself. You would have almost no chance of being able to survive. This universe is one in which life is merely possible.

David M

so... are you saying that you don't trust Carbon dating? :D

Duh, if entropy was a constant carbon dating would not work. In fact nothing would work because entropy could not increase.

You really don't have a grasp of physics do you.

And I notice that you are ignoring the fact that differing values of the weak nuclear force and the other primary forces also produce the same universe we see around us. So the values we have for these are not the only possible values.

Last edited:

ellenjanuary

Duh, if entropy was a constant carbon dating would not work. In fact nothing would work because entropy could not increase.

You really don't have a grasp of physics do you.

And I notice that you are ignoring the fact that differing values of the weak nuclear force and the other primary forces also produce the same universe we see around us. So the values we have for these are not the only possible values.

Hey! Be nice to my pal idea, lest I give you some entropy upside the head. :D
Kidding. But there are some values that are mighty peculiar, but these give rise to a question more properly answered with the Strong Anthropic Principle - which is far more scientific than ID, but it still ain't science. I believe that god started it off with a fistful of numbers, but that is a belief. I know the difference between belief and theory. ;)

horiturk

Assyrian Devil
it's amazing they will relegate the author of our universe to a godlike being or alien but can't say that it could be an almighty God.....silliness

ellenjanuary

it's amazing they will relegate the author of our universe to a godlike being or alien but can't say that it could be an almighty God.....silliness

That's 'cause Intelligent Design is agenda. All they want is Bible in the classroom, and they know that is fail if they mention the G word.

IAMDONE

Humans aren't god...
Neither is god.
I believe Pantheism makes the most sense.
Our minds are much too small to question god or his existence.
Following man is just silly, it is blasphemy!
Every religous leader was of man...

Research pantheism

Research Monism

Also research Quantum mind–body problem