• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists are not guilty of sin

MonkeyFire

Non-believers in God go to hell with no-pleasure and the disability of hell. His and his angels are passive and that let's all the suffering fry because they are related to immorality by virtue of no.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Surely there are behaviors that you would draw the line at. There are some things we won't do not because it would displease god, but because of the empathy we have for those who might be harmed by them.
But I would care what god thinks, I would just stick to following the law of the country, I don't need to be told what I should and should't do, I am old enough to know better, I am not a child that needs a big daddy looking over me all the time, that would be hell.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
if he were to be enlightened to see and still not repent, then he would not be forgiven.

Remember though, the people that crucified Christ were forgiven.
the request was made.....

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.......
was still pending

picture that same crowd in front of God and heaven

or have you forgotten the parable of the vineyard
and the warning dealt

Thief

Rogue Theologian
If god is a god of forgiveness, he should be able to forgive anyone who wronged him. Its hard for humans tonforgive. Unless its hard for god tondo so, I see no reason for him not to
I would say.....
if the Son forgives the Father would honor it

but that parable I mentioned.......gets in the way

Bob the Unbeliever

If you knew there was a God, and he told you what your sins were, would you repent of your sins?

Depends. What do you mean by "sin"? In truth, "sin" without some supernatural element, has no real world meaning (or consequences, for that matter).

Since I have seen absolutely no evidence in support of any supernatural claims--none-- then I have never actually sinned, regardless of what anyone tells me. And especially ignoring ancient bronze-age books written by people who did not know where the sun went at night.

The fact that humans have to tell me about this "sin"? Is ample proof that no god is concerned with it.

If god is bothered by my behavior? Let god contact me directly-- I do not listen to self-appointed minions.

Now, some will claim I'm being arrogant here. Not in the least-- according to all the Reliable Stories™, god frequently spoke directly to folk.

For god to refuse to speak to a particular individual? Would mean that god plays Special Favorites-- Nepotism and worse.

Do you really want a god who does such ... human things?

Bob the Unbeliever

Unless they know they have sinned, they are not guilty.

Does this mean we atheists get "heaven" as an afterlife choice?

Do we get a say, here? I've read the descriptions of "heaven" and, frankly, I'll take a pass.

Literal streets made of pure gold? Do you know how soft that metal is? These things will look terrible in a very short time. Tacky.

Endless harp playing, 24/7? When was the last time a harp musician made the top 100? And this is what's playing in heaven?

You can barely get believers to sit still, once a week, for an hour! But heaven is described as church service ... 24/7...

Do you see the problem, here?

Meanwhile, down in hell, all the practical-minded engineers have installed hot tubs, air conditioning, libraries (with all the really good books too-- heaven will have just the one (1)-- god's ego cannot stand the competition).

And Rock & Roll-- the "devil's music" according to all the Reliable Sources™.

And Movies-- all the good movies will only be in hell.

So, politely, No Thanks. Heaven sounds to me like 24/7..... hell.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Does this mean we atheists get "heaven" as an afterlife choice?

Do we get a say, here? I've read the descriptions of "heaven" and, frankly, I'll take a pass.

Literal streets made of pure gold? Do you know how soft that metal is? These things will look terrible in a very short time. Tacky.

Endless harp playing, 24/7? When was the last time a harp musician made the top 100? And this is what's playing in heaven?

You can barely get believers to sit still, once a week, for an hour! But heaven is described as church service ... 24/7...

Do you see the problem, here?

Meanwhile, down in hell, all the practical-minded engineers have installed hot tubs, air conditioning, libraries (with all the really good books too-- heaven will have just the one (1)-- god's ego cannot stand the competition).

And Rock & Roll-- the "devil's music" according to all the Reliable Sources™.

And Movies-- all the good movies will only be in hell.

So, politely, No Thanks. Heaven sounds to me like 24/7..... hell.
if you end up alongside people that think and feel.....just like you
would that be hell?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin

Well, that is really Good News. :)

However, the question is why Jesus seemed to have put so much effort in removing blindness from people, and spread His words. To see, or, in general, to know about Him, seems quite detrimental. It seems to introduce an additional requirement which is not needed, really. At least, prima facie.

Ciao

- viole

Bob the Unbeliever

if you end up alongside people that think and feel.....just like you
would that be hell?

After a significant length of time? Absolutely!

But more to the point-- if there is a room with 10 people, and they never disagree on anything?

Nine people are 100% redundant, and an utter waste of space. And very possibly ten...

... for anyone that passive? Isn't really human...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
After a significant length of time? Absolutely!

But more to the point-- if there is a room with 10 people, and they never disagree on anything?

Nine people are 100% redundant, and an utter waste of space. And very possibly ten...

... for anyone that passive? Isn't really human...
I assume for myself a life after death
I do the same for you
and again for the people that have lived on this planet

no point in generating 7billion copies of a learning device....
only to have each copy fail to produce a unique spirit

in the next life....if i spend one year's time with each soul
I will be busy for 7billion years

and then start over to visit the ones I haven't seen for awhile

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well, that is really Good News. :)

However, the question is why Jesus seemed to have put so much effort in removing blindness from people, and spread His words. To see, or, in general, to know about Him, seems quite detrimental. It seems to introduce an additional requirement which is not needed, really. At least, prima facie.

Ciao

- viole
to see His instruction wrought in His parables might be needed

I suspect a scheme to life and living in the hereafter
we have disciplines and hierarchy here....
greater disciplines and Hierarchy await

if you know the instruction (His Word)...then you know Him

and to say you cannot see....?

Hawkins

Unless they know they have sinned, they are not guilty.

From the reading at mass today:
John 9
Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
39 Jesus said,“For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin

Also, don't forget that Jesus forgave those who crucified him, saying from the cross "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

God has a special love for Atheists. He knows you are not at fault and that your thoughts are rational.
Saint John Lennon, pray for us!

"Blind" refers those handicaps being deprived of their capability as normal humans. Back in Jesus days, most of them don't even have the time to sin, as they have to spend their whole day begging for foods while they may not have the accommodations to spend the nights. Not even Satan and his angels bother to remember whether they sinned then to accuse them of on the judgment day. Satan and his team's effort is to memorize those normal humans' sin then to accuse them of in order to keep their souls.

An analogy is that you don't go to a place where birds rarely appear to hunt birds. Your effort will only pay off decently when you go to a place full of birds to hunt them. Satan and his team pay no attention to those don't even have the ability to live. They will pay full attention to someone like you and I as we are easier to be caught red handed!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Only if I could truly prove a god, not just take hearsay or what some old book say's.
it's a choice

your choice displays your manner of thought and feeling

then God and heaven makes a choice....
let you follow...or.....leave you wherever you fell

psychoslice

Veteran Member
it's a choice

your choice displays your manner of thought and feeling

then God and heaven makes a choice....
let you follow...or.....leave you wherever you fell
Ha, you just had to be arrogant about it, as if your right and I am wrong lol.