• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists are not guilty of sin

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Unless they know they have sinned, they are not guilty.

From the reading at mass today:
John 9
Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
39 Jesus said,“For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin

Also, don't forget that Jesus forgave those who crucified him, saying from the cross "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

God has a special love for Atheists. He knows you are not at fault and that your thoughts are rational.
Saint John Lennon, pray for us!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I tried to be an Atheist and it was a disaster. But I like the way you think. So does God!
*high five* :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Unless they know they have sinned, they are not guilty.

From the reading at mass today:
John 9
Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
39 Jesus said,“For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin

Also, don't forget that Jesus forgave those who crucified him, saying from the cross "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

God has a special love for Atheists. He knows you are not at fault and that your thoughts are rational.
Saint John Lennon, pray for us!

I think what condemns us atheists is not that we dont believe. God would exist whether we believe or not, in theory. Its whether we have transgressed. If an atheist committed murder, by default, he sined against god. If he doesnt ask god for repentance, the life he took condemns him. His sins condem him rather than god.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think what condemns us atheists is not that we dont believe. God would exist whether we believe or not, in theory. Its whether we have transgressed. If an atheist committed murder, by default, he sined against god. If he doesnt ask god for repentance, the life he took condemns him. His sins condem him rather than god.
you are what you do....
but I doubt that Hitler has been forgiven

Spiderman

Veteran Member
innocence is lost....none the less

at the point of correction.....all things shall be made known

the blind will see
if he were to be enlightened to see and still not repent, then he would not be forgiven.

Remember though, the people that crucified Christ were forgiven.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I find a lot of Atheists follow the golden rule, so their sins such as lying, stealing, killing, adultery, and most of what is in the ten commandments still convict their heart as being wrong

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If god is a god of forgiveness, he should be able to forgive anyone who wronged him. Its hard for humans tonforgive. Unless its hard for god tondo so, I see no reason for him not to
That is a good point! While Christ was being crucified, he forgave the people who crucified him, were mocking him, and delighting in his suffering and humiliation, and he didn't require them to repent before forgiving them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is a good point! While Christ was being crucified, he forgave the people who crucified him, were mocking him, and delighting in his suffering and humiliation, and he didn't require them to repent before forgiving them.

Exactly.

People look at small contradictions. There are larger ones in christianity but I would have to study scripture and other books to look beyond my personal experiences and bias study.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I find a lot of Atheists follow the golden rule, so their sins such as lying, stealing, killing, adultery, and most of what is in the ten commandments still convict their heart as being wrong

Well, atheist can confess or reconcile their sins to-with the people they hurt, their environment, and themselves. They can do penance and heal wounds that they have hurt. They can come back to family or humanity and be born again to not repeat the same mistakes they did before.

Sacraments of christ rolled into one.

Just without the god and christ part.