• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Melon

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Hi! I don't think the bible is taught or used in English schools, only if a student has opted for the religious education 'slot'. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

When R.E is taught as subject, a wide range of beliefs is covered. Now just wait for me to get ripped apart by UK teachers!
...what?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
InfidelRiot wrote:-In school, it is taught to think outside the box. Perhaps, some students should be taught to think outside the bible.

That makes a point. So I answered that point. The Atheist Melon bit I didn't get. Maybe you are a good teacher and can expand on atheist melons?

Go on! Have a go!

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
InfidelRiot wrote:-In school, it is taught to think outside the box. Perhaps, some students should be taught to think outside the bible.

That makes a point. So I answered that point. The Atheist Melon bit I didn't get. Maybe you are a good teacher and can expand on atheist melons?

Go on! Have a go!

That is just my signature, hehe.
Somehow this is more hilarious than the video.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
OK....... I'm never going to see that melon thingy. I clicked on it and my system tells me it can't open the bloody page. Total frustration. I'm going to spend the rest of my days wondering what I've missed out on now. I reckon this is a subversive movement by the atheists of the world to exasperate poor bloody pantheists!

I'm going to Ebay!!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
This is funny. I laughed. But I can hear Voltaire in the back of my mind, "If there were no melons...."

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Hi! I don't think the bible is taught or used in English schools, only if a student has opted for the religious education 'slot'. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

When R.E is taught as subject, a wide range of beliefs is covered. Now just wait for me to get ripped apart by UK teachers!

I think RE is compulsory until age 14 or 16. Although this isn't really relevant to the thread any more :D

Renji

Just bought this atheist melon from the fruit section of a grocery store. And I must say, it's not that delicious to me. Oh well, :D