• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheist forum

truseeker

Anyone want to start a new website called "atheist forums"? It seems there a a lot of atheists on this site. Why they would want to debate religion when they don't believe in God or the Bible is anybody's guess. Maybe it's more fun than gay bashing or dwarf tossing.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Anyone want to start a new website called "atheist forums"? It seems there a a lot of atheists on this site. Why they would want to debate religion when they don't believe in God or the Bible is anybody's guess. Maybe it's more fun than gay bashing or dwarf tossing.

You might want to start by looking up the definition of the word "debate."

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

One of many previous threads answering this question:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/general-religious-debates/105413-athiests-religious-forum.html

BTW - why are you here? I mean, your mind is made up about religion just as much as any atheist, right? What do you hope to get out of your experience here?

I think you'll find that a lot of the reasons that theists are here apply to atheists as well.

About bloody time, why hasn't anyone thought of this before. I think it's a great idea truseeker, let me know when you have it up and running, I'll be sure to join.

no-body

There are already the DIRs if you don't want to step outside of the safety of your faith. If you're so self conscious you can't actively debate and answer questions about your own faith then maybe you don't really have any conviction in what you believe and you're afraid of what you'll find out if you actually think about what's being debated. For a lot of fundamentalist critical thought is literally the devil.

outhouse

Atheistically

a atheist may change his belief.

Most people that are born into a religion and hold that belief into adulthood are pretty much chained to it forever.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Why they would want to debate religion when they don't believe in God or the Bible is anybody's guess. Maybe it's more fun than gay bashing or dwarf tossing.

I don't, as with probably everyone here, don't believe in every religion in the world. Yet, I love talking about them and debating religious issues.

Just because you might not believe in a God, doesn't mean that the religion doesn't have an impact on you - religion is everywhere and will touch some part of your liefe. Due to that I like talking about it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
A forum with only atheists....how dull.
I'm actually a member of one - for the most part, you're right.

There's a bit of discussion of church-state separation issues and some "how do you deal with religious family members?"-type threads, but for the most part things are pretty dead until the occasional proselytizing troll comes in and tries to convert everyone. Then things get lively until the troll either gets banned or bored, and then it goes into a lull again.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why would I debate people that I'm already in agreement with?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A forum with only atheists....how dull.
I have been to a forum that isn't intended to be that way, but it pretty much is because the atheist of this forum tend to be very hostile towards members with any other believes, including Agnostic which is why I left that forum. But it certainly was not a dull forum. I picked up one of my favorite lines to tell the door-to-door Jesus salesmen from that forum. "I need Jesus like a starving lion needs a vegetarian buffet."

Amill

Apikoros
There are atheist forums already. What I found most entertaining was when there were religious visitors and debate going on. So why waste time on those forums when there's far more of a diversity of beliefs here.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Excerpt from an atheist forum:
#1 I'm an atheist!
#2 Hey, so am I!
#3 Me too.
#1 So.....whadda we talk about now?
#2 Which god don't you believe in?
#1 The same one as you.
#3 I disbelieve in a different one.
#1 Great! An argument.
#3 Wait....it turns out to be the same as yours.
#1 Dang!
#2 Are there any fundies to talk too?
At this point, everyone's post involved either single or double face palms.

Not at all!
We could discuss handgun ballistics or exchange recipes.
Now yer talk'n!
I favor +P+ loads for reliable expansion/fragmentation. This gives me 45ACP capability in a more hand friendly 40S&W package.

Last edited: