• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheism is a lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
pah said:
destinata7 said:
PS I noticed that you changed the scriptural "contradictory" quotes attached as your signature! Wise move.....

Do I detect some haughtiness in that remark? It is especially unbecoming after your apologetics.

I already told you in a previous post why using those two scriptures was a poor choice.....that is why I truly believe it was wise on your behalf to remove it. I couldn't help but to be moved by the timing you chose to change it........if atheists base there belief systems on probabilities, there is enough here to assume our conversation had influence on this...even if only subconscious.

You stated, in error, that in the Commanmdnt, God was "zealous"

Au contraire, I proved to you that it is Biblically impossible for it to be anything else but "zealous".

I showed conclusively that the translation overwhelmingly was "jealous".

What you showed me were some mis-translations.

You also have a poor grasp of who is jealous and who is zealous in Numb 25:11 as translated by the same versions that discredited your attempt at authoritative Hebrew.

The point was merely being made here that it is the same Hebrew word Quana' as in your Exodus scripture and that it can be translated differently than jealous. You did nothing to disprove this as this is sheer fact.

The poor apologetics - To wit: "FYI the scripture in Exodus is referring to the lingering genetic and influential instructional effects that can be passed on to one's own children when the progenerator has given himself over to hate. It can take generations to purify these negative effects from the offspring"

On the contrary, the Commanment speaks of God's direct action - He is the cause of the punishment going to the the 3rd and 4th generation because he is jealous. He (God) considers the worship of other gods to be hateful not the worshiper who has other motives.

Of course you are determined to promote a God of hate because you wish to discredit the same Bible you freely quote from. Some people see the glass as half-empty.....I choose to see the glass overflowing with life and love.

Your apologetics, based on the wrong actor, mentions genetics. I am not aware of any genetic cause of hate. I do know that hate is learned and taught - nuture in this case - not nature. (or as you say, instructional effects) Hate does not mutate genes.

You're terribly wrong here my friend and need to do some more studying as to the transfer of genetic traits. Negative character flaws are passed down just as positive ones are. This has been firmly established.....just check it out and you will find I am correct here.

Our debate is going nowhere positive and I would like to end this discussion. No personal offense but there seems to be no real benefit here. If you are not ready to let this drop I will consider responding to future posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.