• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask your questions about God here.

TruthaboutGod

Then why do you quote the Bible to answer questions about God?

I am not a prophet, therefore I do not have prophecy. Most of the questions that mankind has asked, and continues to ask, have already been answered in the Bible and the Qur'an. When someone asks a question, I feel it is best to show them that the answer has already been provided :)

~Amin~

God is the King
Do you mean being God imposes a limitation upon God?
No, everything is limited except for God, How could God be God, if
he had limitations of any sort, the only way people get confused
and see God as having limitations is when they liken Him to His
creation.

TruthaboutGod

Do you mean being God imposes a limitation upon God?

Of course He does, God places many, MANY limitations on Himself for the benefit of man! Did He not state that He would not destroy us again:

Genesis 9 – 11: (God speaking)

Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all the flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.

Did He not place a limitation on Himself when He allowed statan to tempt man?(He simply could have smote satan)

SURAH 17 – 64 and 65: (God speaking)

“Lead to destruction those whom you can among them, with your seductive voice; make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them” - But Satan promises them nothing but deceit. – “As for My servants, no authority you shall have over them: “enough is your Lord for a disposer of affairs.”

Did He not place a limitation on Himself by not tempting anyone?

James 1 – 13:

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.

There are many more examples of God showing restriction, this is by His own choice. Even the showing of mercy shows a restriction. He has limited Himself in so many ways, for your benefit, and yet you will still carry forth your ignorance of rejection!(Not you as a person, but mankind as a whole)

P.S. The very fact that God does not instantly Judge your sin when you commit it, is restriction.

~Amin~

God is the King
Of course He does, God places many, MANY limitations on Himself for the benefit of man! Did He not state that He would not destroy us again:

Genesis 9 – 11: (God speaking)

Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all the flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.

Did He not place a limitation on Himself when He allowed statan to tempt man?(He simply could have smote satan)

SURAH 17 – 64 and 65: (God speaking)

“Lead to destruction those whom you can among them, with your seductive voice; make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them” - But Satan promises them nothing but deceit. – “As for My servants, no authority you shall have over them: “enough is your Lord for a disposer of affairs.”

Did He not place a limitation on Himself by not tempting anyone?

James 1 – 13:

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.

There are many more examples of God showing restriction, this is by His own choice. Even the showing of mercy shows a restriction. He has limited Himself in so many ways, for your benefit, and yet you will still carry forth your ignorance of rejection!(Not you as a person, but mankind as a whole)

P.S. The very fact that God does not instantly Judge your sin when you commit it, is restriction.
Great response from your perspective, but i think theres a difference
between saying, God is limited and saying God is choosing, the above
post to me is of God's choosing Not God being limited.
To God belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth
and whatever is within them. And He is able to do ALL things.
Qur'an 5, 120

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
I am not a prophet, therefore I do not have prophecy. Most of the questions that mankind has asked, and continues to ask, have already been answered in the Bible and the Qur'an. When someone asks a question, I feel it is best to show them that the answer has already been provided :)
I see, but how do you know thoe answers are correct? There is not a single variation of God.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You feel a reply to your question is not an answer? Again, you need to go back and read the very first post. I am here to convey, not convince, by you asking me to prove something, you are asking me to convince you. Instaed of asking a question, you are playing games. As such I would ask you a question, does your brain "think"? Make sure you can provide proof.(No, an energy discharge does not count)
I see you are not going to answer my question.
Instead you play the very games you accuse me of playing.
You keep repeating "I am here to convey, not convince" I cannot help but wonder who it is you are trying to convince of it.

Perhaps you should reread the question you have yet to answer.
It has nothing to do with the other topic I asked you to prove.
But then, if you were to actually read that post you would see that I am not asking for proof, merely asking for the sources that led you to your opinions.

Your whole safety net (translated "cop out") "I am here to convey, not convince" shows just how much you are refusing to answer.

And you claim that it is I who is playing the games?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
No, everything is limited except for God, How could God be God, if he had limitations of any sort, the only way people get confused
and see God as having limitations is when they liken Him to His
creation.
I think you are contradicting yourself. To my statement,
“I of course would not find it contradictory if God describes Himself differently in other scriptures”, you responded saying,
“Its IMPOSSIBLE for God to reveal His Identity in different ways, forms etc. it would be a CLEAR contradiction.” And in your latest response you say, “How could God be God, if he had limitations of any sort”.

When you said it would be impossible for God to reveal His identity in different ways, you limited God, which limitation you yourself later denied when you said God has no “limitation of any sort.” Please explain your fluctuating position.

.lava

Veteran Member

THERE IS ONLY ONE QUR'AN AND IT DOES NOT SUPPORT YOUR THOUGHTS.

TruthaboutGod

Great response from your perspective, but i think theres a difference
between saying, God is limited and saying God is choosing, the above
post to me is of God's choosing Not God being limited.
To God belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth
and whatever is within them. And He is able to do ALL things.
Qur'an 5, 120

I understand, He is able, but by His own choice He does not. I do feel however quite a few people do not understand.

TruthaboutGod

I see you are not going to answer my question.
Instead you play the very games you accuse me of playing.
You keep repeating "I am here to convey, not convince" I cannot help but wonder who it is you are trying to convince of it.

Perhaps you should reread the question you have yet to answer.
It has nothing to do with the other topic I asked you to prove.
But then, if you were to actually read that post you would see that I am not asking for proof, merely asking for the sources that led you to your opinions.

Your whole safety net (translated "cop out") "I am here to convey, not convince" shows just how much you are refusing to answer.

And you claim that it is I who is playing the games?

I have stated many times that God is the source, yet you will not accept the answer. Even though they are facts, you will yet still address them as opinions.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Tired of the same old god drivel?

Want something more than a solicitation to buy some guy's book?

For a vastly superior discussion of God, check out my thread,

Act today and get half off on my dismal answers!

You think you can compete with this ????????

toon394.gif

:D:D:D

TruthaboutGod

Tired of the same old god drivel?

Want something more than a solicitation to buy some guy's book?

For a vastly superior discussion of God, check out my thread,

Act today and get half off on my dismal answers!

The thread was hijacked by staff, I do not know whether to laugh or cry!(Honestly I am laughing) Anyone that feels this thread is to sell a book, I greatly encourage you not to buy it. Go to a local library and read it for free, your tax dollars are paying for it anyway.

~Amin~

God is the King
I think you are contradicting yourself. To my statement,
“I of course would not find it contradictory if God describes Himself differently in other scriptures”, you responded saying,
“Its IMPOSSIBLE for God to reveal His Identity in different ways, forms etc. it would be a CLEAR contradiction.”

What i meant here is that its IMPOSSIBLE for us as Muslims to conceive as God
doing this, what you have suggested.
I'm trying to understand what you mean by your statement, IF God(the Majestic)
revealed Himself in the Old Testament as a human, then in the New testament
as one who makes mistakes in judgement, then in the Qur'an as being Perfect,
Self Sufficient, this would be a CLEAR contradiction, which you seem to disagree
with, if i understood you correctly.

When you said it would be impossible for God to reveal His identity in different ways, you limited God

No i didn't limit Him,i think your limiting my expression of response,
If you read ALL my posts in context of the discussion theres no contradiction,
I said in a previous post you DIDNT quote "God can do all things that's in-keeping with
Him being God" if God(Glorified is He) were to reveal Himself in different ways this
will NOT be IN-KEEPING with Him being God cause He would be contradicting Himself,
and God doesn't contradict Himself.

Then do they not reflect on the Revelation? If
it had been from other then God, they would
have found within it much Contradiction. Qur'an 4, 82.
So when i said He cannot i meant He will not contradict Himself.
I pray that made sense to you.