• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask your questions about God here.

TruthaboutGod

did you even bother to read my post? no problem, here i go again!

[22:78] ....it is the cult of your father Abraham, It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation);....

i never said otherwise.

as a Muslim, i am not willing to ignore any verses of Qur'an. truth is in there.

of course they tell about the truth. that is the point of it. reason why i sent them.

ok, let's say it was a communication problem.
you said Qur'an is 1/3 of the knowledge. how are you gonna explain that?
each book, as each Prophet of Allah did explain the same thing. because there were never religions. there's always been just one religion.

[48:23] (Such has been) the practice (approved) of Allah already in the past: no change wilt thou find in the practice (approved) of Allah.
[30:30]....no change (let there be) in the work (wrought) by Allah: that is the standard Religion...

each time a book changed by men, new one arrived.

[2:59] But the transgressors changed the word from that which had been given them;...
[4:46]...displace words from their (right) places,....
[5:13]...they change the words from their (right) places and forget a good part of the Message that was sent them...

Qur'an is, as the last of all of the books, protected and can't be changed.

[18:27] And recite (and teach) what has been revealed to thee of the Book of thy Lord: none can change His Words, and none wilt thou find as a refuge other than Him.

you said religion is created by man. Qur'an says otherwise.

[3:83]Do they seek for other than the religion of Allah?...

i am saying if you claim what you say is written in Qur'an, then bring verses to prove it.

but they were no continues???
each book gave the same information. each is out of lack.

[3:84] Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Ishaq, Ya'qub, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Muses, Jesus, and the Prophets, from their Lord: we make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)."
but only Qur'an is not changed by man. what's there you don't understand from this?
therefor Qur'an is not 1/3 of the knowledge; therefor:

[3:19] The religion before Allah is Islam...

Lava, I understand that you wish to debate, however do you have any questions? Remember I am to convey, not convince.

.lava

Veteran Member
Lava, I understand that you widh to debate, however do you have any questions? Remember I am to convey, not convince.

do i have questions?...why don't you ask 'your god' if i had any?

the point is, there are people who can talk to God. i might have questions but i never need to ask. because God already knows what's on my mind and gives the answer through him, without me asking anything. that's how the 'real' deal works.

i don't care for your intention. i don't care for what you think you are. i don't care for anything except one. that is Noble Qur'an. you make it look like your thoughts are supported by verses of it. you're simply using the name of the Holy Book without talking about verses in it. so, i bring verses to prove your thoughts are not supported by word of God.

TruthaboutGod

do i have questions?...why don't you ask 'your god' if i had any?

the point is, there are people who can talk to God. i might have questions but i never need to ask. because God already knows what's on my mind and gives the answer through him, without me asking anything. that's how the 'real' deal works.

i don't care for your intention. i don't care for what you think you are. i don't care for anything except one. that is Noble Qur'an. you make it look like your thoughts are supported by verses of it. you're simply using the name of the Holy Book without talking about verses in it. so, i bring verses to prove your thoughts are not supported by word of God.

If you have read the book then you would have known that there are many verses in there, both from the Qur'an and the Bible. Since you do not have any questions, I will consider our discussion completed.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I do not understand the question.

Lilithu's amusing question is in regards to MySpace.com, a very, very popular Internet site. Her question is a "double-shot" as it is, in itself, an amusing hypothetical question and within the question is what is called a 'hyperlink' directly to a video called "What if God had a MySpace?" It is a very funny video and it might give you some amusement if you are no overly busy. BTW: It is quite tastefully done.

Then again, if God DID have a MySpace account, he wouldn't need any more "middle-men" or "middle-persons" to relay His divine sentiments. :flirt:

TruthaboutGod

Lilithu's amusing question is in regards to MySpace.com, a very, very popular Internet site. Her question is a "double-shot" as it is, in itself, an amusing hypothetical question and within the question is what is called a 'hyperlink' directly to a video called "What if God had a MySpace?" It is a very funny video and it might give you some amusement if you are no overly busy. BTW: It is quite tastefully done.

Then again, if God DID have a MySpace account, he wouldn't need any more "middle-men" or "middle-persons" to relay His divine sentiments. :flirt:

Ah, I "get it" now. I did watch the video, however I have no comment on it.

TruthaboutGod

Hi there...
Can you (kindly) explain scientifically how God Almighty Knows our thoughts?

Sure, however I will just do a copy and paste from the book:

Even in Ecclesiastes 12 – 14 it is apparent that God knows your thoughts:

For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil.

The Qur’an also makes this clear, SURAH 67 – 13:

And whether you hide your word or publish it, He certainly has full knowledge of the secrets of all hearts.

Also all that you do is recorded, SURAH 10 – 61:

In whatever business you may be, and whatever portion you may be reciting from the Qur’an, - and whatever deed you mankind may be doing, - We are Witnesses thereof when you are deeply engrossed therein. Nor is hidden from your Lord so much as the weight of an atom on earth or in Heaven. And not the least and not the greatest of these things but are recorded in a clear Record.

And in SURAH 13 – 10, you can see that it does not matter if you speak in seclusion or speak openly, God knows your intent:

It is the same to Him whether any of you conceal his speech or declare it openly; whether he lie hid by night or walk forth freely by day.

And it does not matter if you speak at all, or just think evil thoughts SURAH 17 – 36:

And do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing or of feeling in the heart will be enquired into on the Day of Reckoning.

But HOW does God do this? We all know that there are billions of nerves in the human body that use electricity to communicate with the brain. Every time you think and every thought you have creates an electrical impulse. God does not “read” your mind, you “tell” God what you are thinking by the creation of these impulses, and God simply listens.

It truly does not matter if you pray verbally or silently, God does not listen to your “voice”, God listens to that electrical impulse that flows to your brain invoking the very thing that you were going to say. This is why you truly cannot hide anything from God. It is not some kind of “hocus pocus” magic, it is just simple science. In fact if mankind could create a computer that had a CPU strong enough to process these electrical impulses, then that computer could print out every thought you have. Of course today this is impossible, because the CPU needed to process that much data, at that rate of speed simply does not exist, yet.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
But HOW does God do this? We all know that there are billions of nerves in the human body that use electricity to communicate with the brain. Every time you think and every thought you have creates an electrical impulse. God does not “read” your mind, you “tell” God what you are thinking by the creation of these impulses, and God simply listens.

It truly does not matter if you pray verbally or silently, God does not listen to your “voice”, God listens to that electrical impulse that flows to your brain invoking the very thing that you were going to say. This is why you truly cannot hide anything from God. It is not some kind of “hocus pocus” magic, it is just simple science. In fact if mankind could create a computer that had a CPU strong enough to process these electrical impulses, then that computer could print out every thought you have. Of course today this is impossible, because the CPU needed to process that much data, at that rate of speed simply does not exist, yet.
The question is, "How, precisely, is this a scientific description?" It is, clearly, little more than idle speculation. Scientific analysis requires verifiable proofs. Are the theoretical possibilities of future processors (and software) supposed to be taken as proof?

TruthaboutGod

The question is, "How, precisely, is this a scientific description?" It is, clearly, little more than idle speculation. Scientific analysis requires verifiable proofs. Are the theoretical possibilities of future processors (and software) supposed to be taken as proof?

A question was asked, I answered the question. You call the asnwer "idle speculation" and ask for verifiable proofs. Do you understand this is the same thing as me asking you to prove why the earth is round?

P.S. Did you have a question about God?

.lava

Veteran Member
If you have read the book then you would have known that there are many verses in there, both from the Qur'an and the Bible. Since you do not have any questions, I will consider our discussion completed.

yea, i know that some smart ones took some verses from Qur'an and pretend the rest of it never existed. a movement to accomplish a new religion to lead people to hell.

what discussion?
you mean discussion as...ignoring my posts and refusing to face what i am saying...
i guess that's the Plan, isn't it?

TruthaboutGod

yea, i know that some smart ones took some verses from Qur'an and pretend the rest of it never existed. a movement to accomplish a new religion to lead people to hell.

what discussion?
you mean discussion as...ignoring my posts and refusing to face what i am saying...
i guess that's the Plan, isn't it?

There is no attempt on my part whatsoever of starting any new religion(s).

SURAH 6 – 159:

As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, you have no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

I have not ignored your posts, as you are not asking any questions. I started this thread to answer questions about God. I did not start this thread to argue or seek conflict. It is obvious from your posts that you are angry with what I have stated, therefore I simply choose not to argue with you or further anger you, as that is not why I am here. You have already stated that you do not care what I have to say, so your only motive to continue to post here is to seek conflict, and I refuse to provide you with the conflict that you seek. Can we not simply move on? Start a thread to share with others the knowledge and the wisdom that you have learned from the Qur'an, and do not waste your time here.

.lava

Veteran Member
There is no attempt on my part whatsoever of starting any new religion(s).

SURAH 6 – 159:

As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, you have no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

I have not ignored your posts, as you are not asking any questions. I started this thread to answer questions about God. I did not start this thread to argue or seek conflict. It is obvious from your posts that you are angry with what I have stated, therefore I simply choose not to argue with you or further anger you, as that is not why I am here. You have already stated that you do not care what I have to say, so your only motive to continue to post here is to seek conflict, and I refuse to provide you with the conflict that you seek. Can we not simply move on? Start a thread to share with others the knowledge and the wisdom that you have learned from the Qur'an, and do not waste your time here.

you know, here on this forum, there are many different kinds of people with many different beliefs. i sometimes discuss, even with Muslims. on RF, some do not believe in God, some like darkness, some mock with Prophets, some make fun of God and Holy Books. i might share and discuss with them. above all, i love them. do you have any idea why i don't react them as i reacted you? well, let me have the pleasure to say; i don't, because they are honest.

so, if i was looking for conflict i assure you, it would take just a second to find it. that is not what's going on here. you made some personal comments about me like i am angry with you. you can't get personal with me. really. i am not that kind. you can't make me angry, you can't p*** me off...etc. you won't get any respond like that from me unless you physically attack me. so, stop dreaming.

i am only here for the name of Qur'an, not for you.

btw another verse from The Book;

[6:93]Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a lie against Allah, or said: "I have received inspiration," when he hath received none, or (again) who saith, "I can reveal the like of what Allah hath revealed?" If thou couldst but see how the wicked (do fare) in the flood of confusion at death! the angels stretch forth their hands, (saying), "Yield up your souls: this day shall ye receive your reward, a penalty of shame, for that ye used to tell lies against Allah, and scornfully to reject of His Signs!"

TruthaboutGod

can you explain to me what "God's Kingdom" is?
and what happens to the dead? (if you know all about God)

Man defines God's Kingdom as:
"the domain over which God is spiritually sovereign."
However since God has created what we call "existence or reality" this must also be included.

As far as the dead is concerned, what man has created is returned to man,(Body) what God has created is returned to God.(Soul)

P.S. I am not sure if this answers your questions, as both questions are vauge. If you need something more specific, let me know.

lockyfan

No it tells me all you know of these things.

can you give me the definition of God's Kingdom and who its ruler is, from God himself?

What has man created? when it comes to a body? what has it created? where do we go when we die? is there another life out there? if you get your information from god himself can yo let me know these things please?

TruthaboutGod

No it tells me all you know of these things.

can you give me the definition of God's Kingdom and who its ruler is, from God himself?

What has man created? when it comes to a body? what has it created? where do we go when we die? is there another life out there? if you get your information from god himself can yo let me know these things please?

While I cannot speak for God, nor have I ever claimed to do so, God is the Ruler of God's Kingdom. God is more then capable to speak for Himself, and has done so to all of mankind through His Books.

Man creates the body, this is usually explained as the result of sexual intercourse.

"When it comes into a body?" - I do not understand the question here.

"Where do we go when we die?" - As has been explained, your body is returned to it's creator.(It remains on earth) Your Soul returns to it's Creator, God.

"Is there another life out there?" - What do you mean, another physical body?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate

All of this is true. :) My question was also an indicator of the seriousness with which I take this thread. :p

Unfortunately, I've had the song stuck in my head for days now. :areyoucra

I do not understand the question.
Ok, how about this one? What does God think of people who claim to have all the answers about God?

TruthaboutGod

All of this is true. :) My question was also an indicator of the seriousness with which I take this thread. :p

Unfortunately, I've had the song stuck in my head for days now. :areyoucra

Ok, how about this one? What does God think of people who claim to have all the answers about God?

I had no idea someone had claimed to know all the answers. There have been a few questions asked of me that I could not answer as the subject was never discussed. Who is claiming to have all the answers? In order to answer your question however, if someone had all the answers about God, it would be safe to assume that God would have provided the answers. Although I do not know anyone that has all the answers, most of mankind's questions are already answered in the Three Books.