• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the poster above you a question!

A

angellous_evangellous

robtex said:
Chick is certainly an educational read for those intersted in various forms of thoughts on Christianity

True. Anyone can think about Christianity and express their views, but Chick is rather uninformed about every topic that he addresses.

Victor said:
Are we talking about the same Chick here? :eek:
http://www.chick.com/default.asp

Yes. Chick productions should be viewed as fundamentalist propaganda with no connection to normative Christian doctrine. We can consider it as a thought on Chrsitianity only as a voice that is hostile to normative Christianity and every other form of religious expression.

A

angellous_evangellous

Pussyfoot Mouse said:
a_e, how long have you been playing guitar and what kind of music do you most like?
My mom bought me a plastic guitar when I about six years old. My aunt bought me a real guitar from a pawn shop when I turned 14, and I still have it. I'm 27 now.

I most like American blues, Southern rock, and indie acoustic guitar stuff.

A

angellous_evangellous

robtex said:
Nate, alot of your thoughts seem pleasantly congurent to John Spong's theories on Christianity. Have you read much of him and if so, how congruent do your personal beliefs to what he expresses in particular his thoughts on the Christian refomation:
footnote:
http://www.dioceseofnewark.org/jsspong/reform.html
Excellent question. I will start a new thread asap to address it. I don't think that I will have time to cover all of this today, but I will be able to do it first thing in the morning tomorrow. Right now I am pretending to take notes in class. :biglaugh:

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Buttercup said:
Yay! I get to ask my fellow beer drinking female friend a question! :)

What's your favorite thing to do outdoors?
My favourite thing to do outdoors is build snowmen with my children. There was a thread posted by Victor that my boys just thought was hilarious.
But in the summer, you know we all like to soak up those rays pool side, with a beer in hand and the tunes cranked! :woohoo: :highfive:
3456%3B%3C8723232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3242%3E855%3E474%3EWSNRCG%3D323337%3A65%3B3%3A%3Cnu0mrj

robtex

Veteran Member
P Mouse as a Catholic you are aligned with an institution that does not support abortion. As a woman what are your feelings on that and what were the particulars that aided you in chooseing the Catholic faith over other Chrisitan faiths?

Standing alone, as a gay man has Christianities stance on homosexuality propelled you to non-theism or even if you were straight would you still lean towards non-theism.

AE, Nate!! you are here on RF instead of studying? What would God think of that? I am thinking a divine intervention is in order......

robtex

Veteran Member
Buttercup said:
Robtex,

What type of social work do you do?
I forgot to update my profile. I use to work for the adult probation dept. I quit and now sell supplemental insurance and life insurance. I work at a dept store at night.

standing_alone

Standing alone, as a gay man has Christianities stance on homosexuality propelled you to non-theism or even if you were straight would you still lean towards non-theism.
I don't know if I can answer that, since I'm not a gay man, I'm a woman. Why do people keep thinking I'm male? :biglaugh:

Good question. No, Christianity's stance on homosexuality alone did not make me reject it. My loss of faith in God was somewhat of a process, where I really wanted to still believe in Christianity, but the more I expanded my knowledge, the more I felt that a god probably doesn't exist. Also, some of the stories in the Bible are just ridiculous in my opinion, Noah's ark being one of them. Also, the church I went to was very conservative and being a rather progressive liberal (that's redundant, ain't it?) I couldn't stand some of the stuff I heard in sermons - when I rejected Christianity, I still wasn't in acceptance with my sexual orientation, but thanks to Christianity, it made the process of me coming to grips with my sexual orientation a rather difficult and painful process. But more than anything, my loss in faith of God had to do more with gaining knowledge in especially scientific areas - well, and just some critical thinking. ;)

robtex

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
I don't know if I can answer that, since I'm not a gay man, I'm a woman. Why do people keep thinking I'm male? :biglaugh:
I am assuming that is directed at me. It is because I was in too big a rush to look at your profile and because at that moment my attention to detail was poor. Next question for you: You listed agnostic but more atheist....what is an agnostic, to you an atheist to you and why are you an agnostic as opposed to an atheist?

A

angellous_evangellous

robtex said:
AE, Nate!! you are here on RF instead of studying? What would God think of that? I am thinking a divine intervention is in order......
I must admit that this is more interesting. I am "listening" to a 3 hr lecture. :ignore:

A

angellous_evangellous

robtex said:
what is the topic of the lecture?
Review of John Cotten, Anne Hutchinson, and Puritainism in Mass. Bay Colony.

I had a break and posted the answer to your John Sprong question on another thread. I thought that other people would want to talk about it as well. It was a very interesting question and I hope that I answered it... I can elaborate later if needed.

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
robtex said:
P Mouse as a Catholic you are aligned with an institution that does not support abortion. As a woman what are your feelings on that and what were the particulars that aided you in chooseing the Catholic faith over other Chrisitan faiths?

I must admit that I am very supportive of women's rights. As a Catholic this does conflict with my religious beliefs, however how can anyone look a women who has been raped and tell her that because her faith say she must, she has to go through with carrying the child of a rapist. For nine months she must face the trauma of that man's abuse against her. I think NOT! Therefore, I feel that it's completely up to a woman what she does with her own body. I was born a Catholic, I did not choose it. :takeabow: