• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the poster above you a question!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
angellous_evangellous said:
Jewscout,

I saw the link on your signature. Great stuff.

What does it mean to you?

I wonder what Tim Lahey would make of it.:biglaugh:
angellous_evangellous, is there any part of the bible you have not read ?:D

No*s

Captain Obvious
michel said:
No*s , did you miss us hugely ?:D

If I didn't, I wouldn't be back given how much time RF sucks out of people :D. It's good to see everyone again (hugs).

Michel, what is the most ambitious thing you're doing right now?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Jewscout,

I saw the link on your signature. Great stuff.

What does it mean to you?

I wonder what Tim Lahey would make of it.:biglaugh:
it means to me that the UN is not someone Israel should look to for aid, beside the fact that i believe they are completely inept and capable of only sending stern letters to bad men.

No*s i know you are doing a website. can you tell everyone what it's all about?

A

angellous_evangellous

michel said:
angellous_evangellous, is there any part of the bible you have not read ?:D
Nope. I've read it all several times, especially the NT. I have not read it all in the original languages, but I'm almost there in Greek. Sadly, I don't expect to read all the Hebrew.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
No*s said:
If I didn't, I wouldn't be back given how much time RF sucks out of people :D. It's good to see everyone again (hugs).

*squeals happily, then starts to babble* IsawyournameasthelastposterinthethreadandIhopeditwasyoubecauseyou'reawesomeandwe
wereallmissingyouanditturnedoutitwasreallyyou!

*takes deep breath, then tackles you with a hug*

No*s

Captain Obvious
jewscout said:
No*s i know you are doing a website. can you tell everyone what it's all about?

As everyone on here knows, I like to argue :D. I simply want to write some essays both argumenative and informative, perhaps publish a grammar on Greek, write on miscellaneous topics, and also, write fanfictions and comic book stuff. I'm thinking about writing some stories "reintroducing" characters who come from the ancient world and write which ones I can in their own language when they appear.

Superman meeting Thor when he first appears (Supes on some sort of holy ground), would hear Thor in an Old Germanic tongue (I only know English, not Old Icelandic). When Tyrannus appears, he'd greet Banner with "Salve, qui venis in civitati mei?" The protagonist, of course, woudl be amply confused by this.

Feathers, I'm very glad to see you *hugs toward you*. Now, since you were last. Are you reading any books now, and if so, what is it?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
FeathersinHair said:
*squeals happily, then starts to babble* IsawyournameasthelastposterinthethreadandIhopeditwasyoubecauseyou'reawesomeandwe
wereallmissingyouanditturnedoutitwasreallyyou!

*takes deep breath, then tackles you with a hug*
Feathers, do you need the kiss of life after that one ? I'll put myself out ......in the cause of your state of health (of course)........there's a plane out soon.............:biglaugh:

No*s said:

Ambitious ? wow, that's a difficult one. You had me so confused with your question, I had to go have a lie down:D

I had any form of competition or ambition beaten out of me over the years; ambition ? - at the best, to cope. Sounds pathetic, doesn't it ? sorry.:eek:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
dawny0826 said:
Michel, who is your favorite author and why?:)
AArrrrrrrrrrrrggggggh I can't take any more of these questions!!!:coffee: :D

Fiction: -One I doubt any forum Member would have heard of:

Dornford Yates, real name Cecil William Mercer, born 1885 at Walmer, Kent, resident Pau, France 1922-40, and Umtali, Rhodesia, from 1946 until his death in 1960.
Who wrote a very long series of books part historical/part humour (best laughs I have had for ages)/part sleuth. The books were in fact an exaggerated autobiography.

Non Fiction:professor Sir Robert Winston

Dr. Robert Winston is Professor of Fertility Studies at London University's Imperial College School of Medicine, and Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Hammersmith Hospital in London. He is one of the world’s greatest infertility experts, and in 1978 was part of the team which created the first "test tube baby", Louise Brown.

Concerned with many of the social and ethical issues of science, Robert Winston is Chairman of the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology.

Dawny, what is your favourite personal passtime ? (apart from the forum - obviously):D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Thanks for answering. :) If I had the focus...I'd love to go into obstetrics. I might have to research Dr. Robert Winston. Sounds interesting.

I love music and I love to post here and on other forums. I joined www.babycenter.com while pregnant with my youngest and it's every bit as addictive as RF (if you're a Mom, of course) :).

I LOVE my family. My girls are my world (as is the hubby). I enjoy teaching my four year old her letters and numbers. When she isn't in pre-school...we sit down and work on "school" stuff together. And my youngest is a riot. She's FULL of energy and has quite the personality. They keep me hopping.

I enjoy singing and dancing (bellydance, mostly).

I like scrapbooking but I rarely have time to sit down and scrapbook anymore...so I create picture movies. I'm working on a project for my sister's college graduation. I'll be making a picture movie highlighting memories of their (Laurie and her class) four+ years in college...to be shown at their graduation and distributed to 40+ people. My sister is a perfectionist...so keep your fingers crossed for me that I won't goof. :)

And...I really enjoy my quiet devotional time. I love my Bible(s) and I look forward to that time at the end of each day where it's just my Bible and I.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
dawny0826 said:
Thanks for answering. :) If I had the focus...I'd love to go into obstetrics. I might have to research Dr. Robert Winston. Sounds interesting.

I love music and I love to post here and on other forums. I joined www.babycenter.com while pregnant with my youngest and it's every bit as addictive as RF (if you're a Mom, of course) :).

I LOVE my family. My girls are my world (as is the hubby). I enjoy teaching my four year old her letters and numbers. When she isn't in pre-school...we sit down and work on "school" stuff together. And my youngest is a riot. She's FULL of energy and has quite the personality. They keep me hopping.

I enjoy singing and dancing (bellydance, mostly).

I like scrapbooking but I rarely have time to sit down and scrapbook anymore...so I create picture movies. I'm working on a project for my sister's college graduation. I'll be making a picture movie highlighting memories of their (Laurie and her class) four+ years in college...to be shown at their graduation and distributed to 40+ people. My sister is a perfectionist...so keep your fingers crossed for me that I won't goof. :)

And...I really enjoy my quiet devotional time. I love my Bible(s) and I look forward to that time at the end of each day where it's just my Bible and I.
ohhhhhhhhh now I shall visualize you bellydancing!:D

What sort of music do you like ? And I don't blame you for being so family orientated, your children are truly beautiful. What do you want for them most in life ?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
michel said:
ohhhhhhhhh now I shall visualize you bellydancing!:D

What sort of music do you like ? And I don't blame you for being so family orientated, your children are truly beautiful. What do you want for them most in life ?
Me + Bellydancing = Scary visualization:D

I don't like country music. Everything else goes.

I LOVE shoegazer. Probably my favorite genre. Lush is probably my favorite band.

But I also listen to quite a bit of Christian music...especially when the girls are around. I like contemporary Christian. I like to rock out.

Thanks for the compliments. My children are wonderful.

I want for my girls to grow up with a strong sense of self and the fire and drive to dream and then chase after their dreams. I hope that they do have a very strong sense of spirituality and come to Christ . But I know that each will embark on a journey unique to their own ambitions and desires. I just hope to be a part of their adventures in some way.

I want for them to grow up knowing how very special they are and how loved they are. Little lights in this world...

What did/do you want most for children?

Do you hope to have grandchildren someday?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
dawny0826 said:
Me + Bellydancing = Scary visualization:D
I don't like country music. Everything else goes.
Aghhh No! Heretic!:D

I LOVE shoegazer. Probably my favorite genre. Lush is probably my favorite band.
Never heard of either, but will try to, out of interest.
But I also listen to quite a bit of Christian music...especially when the girls are around. I like contemporary Christian. I like to rock out.
As do I.
Thanks for the compliments. My children are wonderful.
Well, just look at their Mom! hehe.

I want for my girls to grow up with a strong sense of self and the fire and drive to dream and then chase after their dreams. I hope that they do have a very strong sense of spirituality and come to Christ . But I know that each will embark on a journey unique to their own ambitions and desires. I just hope to be a part of their adventures in some way.
I want for them to grow up knowing how very special they are and how loved they are. Little lights in this world...
You ought to write inspirational writing; that is very touching and beautiful.

What did/do you want most for children?
To have hapiness, wisdom, and all the opportunities that somehow got messed up in me.
Do you hope to have grandchildren someday?
I sure do, I can't wait!! I am even more broody than my wife..........If it wasn't for my health, I might be tempted.......oh, that wouldn't be fair on the child. No, I'll have to wait for grandchildren.:(

Evelyn

No*s said:
That's a nice interesting question to repeat. What's your avatar mean as well?
I have absolutely no idea. :eek: It was part of the RF default options. I know what yours means...:D Umm, are you familiar with Vladimir Soloviev? I only mentined it cause my husband is reading a book from him. :)

d.

_______
Divine,

I see that you have agnostic/taoist listed as your religion. Were you previously listed as an atheist?

I've been wondering how long you've been an atheist, and why the switch to agnostic/taosim?
sorry, i forgot someone was supposed to ask me another one!

i was never an atheist - since i started thinking about it, i've been agnostic. however, lately, i've been drawn to taoism. this is mainly why i joined this site. a dull, longwinding half-page version of what was already said in the previous three sentences can be found here :

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=348331#post348331

No*s

Captain Obvious
Evelyn said:
I have absolutely no idea. :eek: It was part of the RF default options. I know what yours means...:D Umm, are you familiar with Vladimir Soloviev? I only mentined it cause my husband is reading a book from him. :)

I didn't know it was one of the new additions. As for Soloviev, I've heard of him, but I've not read anything :(.

Pussyfoot Mouse said:
How about these same questions?

No*s, are you married?

Do you have any children?

Is it snowing where you live?

No on all three accounts, and I am extremely thankful on the third. *crosses fingers and hopes for a heat wave*

Since you were last, and I know the answer to at least two of those questions...Do you like snow?

robtex

Veteran Member
Nate, what changes did you experience in your preception of Christianty from the time before you went to seminary school (or theological school forgive my ignorance) and while attending? How long have you been a Christian?