• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Haven't done this in a while. Newer members since my last interview thread incarnation, and since the last time I put up a thread like this, I myself have evolved a bit.

What would you like to know about me?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do you see any particular reason why you came to be so at ease with the variety of political and ideological stances among people?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Do you still have a dance studio?

Yes. In fact, we moved to a larger location on the 1st of this month. We're now in the heart of downtown in a neighboring city, and that brings with it foot traffic and drive by traffic that I'm still getting used to.

We just recently invested in brand new flooring, new mirrors, new ballet barres mounted on the wall, and new long gymnastics mats. These investments are risks, but for the past few years, a lot I've done has been with a level of risk that has ranged from calculated to wild. We've been known to be the shoe-string studio that operates out of an uninsulated box with a tiny iHome dock for music, but our focus is on quality instruction, sweat, discipline, and stepping outside your comfort zone. So to invest in infrastructure has had people excited but wondering if we're still the "hippy" studio (so I've been called with my resistance to spending a lot of money lol).

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you have against talking monkeys? Aside from their natural dancing ability I mean?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Do you see any particular reason why you came to be so at ease with the variety of political and ideological stances among people?

Personally, I have found that people are people, regardless of class, gender, political stance, orientation, age, and ability. People across the board are happier when they're accepted for who they are and how they identify themselves. People also across the board have certain "noises" in the back of their heads either convincing them they're special or convincing them they're severely lacking.

The more I get to know and work with people, the more I find a deep and abiding love for humanity. Our species may be insane, but we are capable of achieving so many things.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
When are you going to show us a video of one of your performances? :D

I won't. I prefer to keep a strong line between my posting here and what might count as advertising. My performances are not a hobby, but my career. As much as I take it seriously, I don't want to open any doors to abusing any permissions here at RF.

I'm always lurking. It's what I do.

Leave my account alone, Naykid.

It sounds like you have the same feelings that I do about Naykid. :cool:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
What do you think is the greatest mystery of life/the universe?

What do you think of the 4 "Horsemen" (Dawkins, Hitchens, etc.)?

What are your favorite and least favorite things to do?

Is college/university worth it anymore? I ask this as someone who is going for an undergrad in psychology and plans on getting a Masters.

I've read some of your threads and opinions on feminism and men's issues. In regards to 3rd (and possibly 4th) wave feminism, do you think it has the same outlook and values as when feminism started? Or do you think it is as far away from what feminism represents as something possibly can?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I won't. I prefer to keep a strong line between my posting here and what might count as advertising. My performances are not a hobby, but my career. As much as I take it seriously, I don't want to open any doors to abusing any permissions here at RF.

auw, well, blarg it does make sense.

So when are you having a video I can ask you to see it in the chat? :D

Titanic

I asked Kilgore Trout a similar question, so what are your thoughts on the Buffalo Bill dance scene from Silence Of The Lambs?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
What do you think is the greatest mystery of life/the universe?

The greatest and most powerful mystery is self-knowledge and self-mastery. All else is commentary.

What do you think of the 4 "Horsemen" (Dawkins, Hitchens, etc.)?

I find them all be both irritating and illuminating in their own respective ways, qualities that when mixed together in a potent brew of whatever degree they bring, are qualities that I highly respect. I like to be challenged while learning. I respect teachers who not only will open doors for me and show me what's on the other side, and also let me know what the experience is like for them when walking through that door, but to also ask me directly, "What are you waiting for, Mystic?"

What are your favorite and least favorite things to do?

My favorite thing to do is to explore. I love exploring humanity, the planet, the mind, sex, food, and anything and everything. Life is an adventure. I aim to be honest about its status as an adventure and to actually live.

I have two least favorite things to do: one is cleaning the dance studio. I hate it. I try to talk myself out of it every single time, but I do it anyway every night. The whole damn thing....bathroom, storage, floor, mirrors, desk, chairs, windows....it's exhausting, but it keeps the students and parents happy and unworried about dancing on a dirty floor. Doesn't matter if I was the only one teaching and training and dancing and sweating along with students who come and go through the day and night. There I am at 11:00 long after everybody else is gone scrubbing a toilet even if I'd rather be nursing my blisters on my feet or icing a couple of aching joints in my shoulders, hips, or knees.

The other is making out my weekly schedule. I would prefer to rebel against the clock and the calendar as oppressive as they are, but it organizes the family and the business staff and customers so they know what I'm planning on doing and when I plan on being available to them.

Either thing I hate doing the most though is just my inner brat throwing her minor tantrums. In the end, both help to keep me accountable to hundreds of other people.

Is college/university worth it anymore? I ask this as someone who is going for an undergrad in psychology and plans on getting a Masters.

I have my doubts about the value of a college degree, but classes in college and the education itself I think are extremely valuable. Two of our kids are not planning on continuing education after high school but consider the military as a job and possible career choice. The other two have aspirations right now of continuing their education. My husband and I support our children regardless of their career aspirations as long as it's legal.

Heck, I have plans of someday going back to school and finishing my degree in chemical engineering. Or maybe switching to environmental engineering due to my passion for preserving the planets resources. Or maybe I will just get my degree in both and see where it takes me.

Regardless, I find education to be always available and always continuing. As stated before, my favorite thing to do is to explore. I don't ever want to stop learning.

I've read some of your threads and opinions on feminism and men's issues. In regards to 3rd (and possibly 4th) wave feminism, do you think it has the same outlook and values as when feminism started? Or do you think it is as far away from what feminism represents as something possibly can?

Fundamentally, I think 3rd wave feminism shares the same mantra that 1st wave states: Feminism declares the radical notion that women are people.

How this manifests has become more and more nuanced as equal rights have been established through the decades since suffrage. But at its core, I believe feminism across the board carries with it that idea regardless of what era, what community, or what culture encompasses it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
auw, well, blarg it does make sense.

So when are you having a video I can ask you to see it in the chat? :D

If I think of it, and if I'm in the mood to share, I have a youtube channel that has a few videos on it showing me messing around a little bit with some classwork. I will be on stage again in November, and the videographer is currently working on a commercial showcasing some of our stage work and rehearsal/class time to show on our youtube channel. So that will be added if/when it's produced.

I asked Kilgore Trout a similar question, so what are your thoughts on the Buffalo Bill dance scene from Silence Of The Lambs?

Deliciously disturbing.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Are large snakes involved in any of your routines?

I wish. I love snakes. I don't know what kind of insurance/liability I need to carry and what kind of oversight the humane society or other animal welfare organizations need to be involved in. I'll need to look into that if I ever get the urge to go down that road.

Titanic

If I think of it, and if I'm in the mood to share, I have a youtube channel that has a few videos on it showing me messing around a little bit with some classwork. I will be on stage again in November, and the videographer is currently working on a commercial showcasing some of our stage work and rehearsal/class time to show on our youtube channel. So that will be added if/when it's produced.

Deliciously disturbing.

I remember when I first watched it back when I was a teen, I told my dad I was going to act out that scene one day. I guess you could probably guess what he told me in return. Anyway thanks for the answer. I would also like to point out I am a straight male, just like Ted Levine is.