• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Me Anything About Oneness,Otherwise Known As Apostolic Pentecostal

Stan Hallett

Christian
Premium Member
Those known as Apostolic Pentecostal, Oneness, Jesus Name do not believe in a Trinity or Triune God. They believe in One God as the Bible proclaims.

They are sometimes referred to as Jesus only, which they are fine with. They are also sometimes accused of denying the Father, or the Holy Spirit which is incorrect.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I must admit that I've never run across this nuanced use of the word, "oneness". I've normally only heard it used in reference to Eastern thought and as a state of consciousness. Jesus, sadly, has never entered the picture, as it were.

Stan Hallett

Christian
Premium Member
I think typically in is only Apostolic Pentecostals for most part that refer to themselves as Oneness, or One God Christians. The term as to that mindset is an accurate one.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't understand. So are you an Apostolic Pentecostal? It's vague when you use 'they' rather than 'we'.

Stan Hallett

Christian
Premium Member
So, why your sect, as opposed to the other hundred billion Christian sects out there? What is special about you folks?

Simply put Apostolic Pentecostals believe and preach the same doctrine as taught by the Apostles (hence Apostolic), and practice and believe as the early Church did, as found it the book of Acts.

The Church began on the day of Pentecost and will not end or change until Jesus returns for His Church.

Stan Hallett

Christian
Premium Member
How does your organization treat homosexuals and transsexuals?

Like any other person in the world. Although an organization does not treat people in any particular way, its people who do. So as an individual I cannot speak for another.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Simply put Apostolic Pentecostals believe and preach the same doctrine as taught by the Apostles (hence Apostolic), and practice and believe as the early Church did, as found it the book of Acts.

The Church began on the day of Pentecost and will not end or change until Jesus returns for His Church.
I could be reading into what you are saying but your last comment would seem to imply that your sect is somewhat impervious to change. Is yours a flexible doctrine or one that is carved in stone? How many members are there in your sect, say, worldwide. (Approximate is fine. No need to be totally accurate.)

Stan Hallett

Christian
Premium Member
Interesting question. I think that we all should be willing to change when we get more revelation, or more truth. I don't think anyone, of any denomination can claim that they know it all.

However, Jesus never changes, therefore His Word never changes. God says "I change not" - Malachi 3:6. "He is the same yesterday, today, and forever" -Hebrews 13:6.

Stan Hallett

Christian
Premium Member
I could be reading into what you are saying but your last comment would seem to imply that your sect is somewhat impervious to change. Is yours a flexible doctrine or one that is carved in stone? How many members are there in your sect, say, worldwide. (Approximate is fine. No need to be totally accurate.)

I'm sorry, I missed the second part of your question. I personally have no idea. Wikipedia say 24 million.

Stan Hallett

Christian
Premium Member
This particular organization seems to have strong opinions, which is why I asked. I wasn't sure if all Oneness Pentecostals felt this way or not:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100615181920/http://upci.org/doctrine/homosexuality.asp

Perhaps you asked the wrong question. I would hope that all Christians would treat any LGBT person with love. Perhaps what you meant to ask what is our view on the LGBT lifestyle? To that we would have to agree basically with what was written on your linked website. In my opinion any true Christian would be of the same mind.

Onyx

Premium Member
Perhaps you asked the wrong question. I would hope that all Christians would treat any LGBT person with love. Perhaps what you meant to ask what is our view on the LGBT lifestyle? To that we would have to agree basically with what was written on your linked website. In my opinion any true Christian would be of the same mind.
I did mean to ask about the people, but I see now that the UPCI statement does indeed only refer to the lifestyles themselves. Thanks for clearing it up.

uncung

Those known as Apostolic Pentecostal, Oneness, Jesus Name do not believe in a Trinity or Triune God. They believe in One God as the Bible proclaims.

They are sometimes referred to as Jesus only, which they are fine with. They are also sometimes accused of denying the Father, or the Holy Spirit which is incorrect.
Do yo mean Jesus sometimes acts as God sometimes not?

uncung

No, Jesus always acts as God. "The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the father do" - John 5:19. Jesus said: I and my Father are one - John 10:30.
Are one, doesn't imply Jesus was a God at all.
Didn't the singer also yell "we are one"? It doesn't mean we are that singer also.

Stan Hallett

Christian
Premium Member
Are one, doesn't imply Jesus was a God at all.
Didn't the singer also yell "we are one"? It doesn't mean we are that singer also.

That is a philosophy and mindset that could be true, if we did not have many scriptural
proofs of who Jesus was and is.

John 1:1 says that: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

Then in John 1:14 it says; "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us".

Jesus was God manifested to man in the flesh. The story is much more beautiful and glorious than Orthodox Christians can comprehend. God did not send someone else to die for our sins. He robed Himself in flesh and came Himself.

Acts 20:28 says; "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." Who's blood? Gods! But wait a minute. The Bible says that God is a Spirit (John 4:24). Where does a Spirit get blood? Jesus who was God manifested in the flesh, shed His blood on the cross to redeem man unto Himself.

uncung

That is a philosophy and mindset that could be true, if we did not have many scriptural
proofs of who Jesus was and is.

John 1:1 says that: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

Then in John 1:14 it says; "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us".

Jesus was God manifested to man in the flesh. The story is much more beautiful and glorious than Orthodox Christians can comprehend. God did not send someone else to die for our sins. He robed Himself in flesh and came Himself.

Acts 20:28 says; "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." Who's blood? Gods! But wait a minute. The Bible says that God is a Spirit (John 4:24). Where does a Spirit get blood? Jesus who was God manifested in the flesh, shed His blood on the cross to redeem man unto Himself.
so you have another God now named the Word?
That verse doesn't imply the word is a God either. It implies the first created thing was the word. Except you consider the God was created.

Stan Hallett

Christian
Premium Member
so you have another God now named the Word?
That verse doesn't imply the word is a God either. It implies the first created thing was the word. Except you consider the God was created.

Sorry, I thought we were having a serious conversation. It says in plain english that the Word was God and the Word was made flesh. It does not say that the Word is another God, nor does it say that the Word was created.