• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything about Hinduism :)

proudpagan

Neither that nor the Nāsadīya Sūkta (10.129, na[ā]asat, or "not the non-existent") support or deny an already existing universe, or describe the creation of the universe.

>Universe was never created . It is eternal . This is the answer I gave to that guy named truly enlightenend
There are cycles of creation and destruction. beginning and end are only seen from within time, space, and causation.If creation had a beginning, then must the creator also have had a beginning, since until there is a creation there can be no creator; but to admit that the creator had a beginning would be to admit that God had a beginning, since God is not God until he creates—and to think of God as having had a beginning would be absurdity.

The process of creation and dissolution goes on for ever and ever, for it is as endless as it is beginningless. Eternity is witness, not of one universe only—that, for example, of which we are now a part—but of an infinite succession of universes. The birth, life, and destruction of a universe constitutes a cycle. To say that there was never a first cycle, and will never be a last, is only a way of affirming that the creative function of Ishwara (Dont confuse with Abrahamic God) is, like himself, eternal..

proudpagan

Here’s a question – quick backstory first, though:

So, my question is this: Why is it that with all the apparent fascination
with Mirabai, there seems to be so much objection to a modern-day
individual gifted with a bhava similar to hers (madhurya bhava)? I've
been burned in the past from sharing about my own similar bhava towards
God, as though no one else on earth could possibly have a similar gift,
so this leaves me scratching my head.

Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.1
Religion, truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength, and memory will all diminish day by day because of the powerful influence of the age of kalyuga.

I had rather suggest you focusing on your own individual development by being consistent in mediations and yoga rather scratching your head uwu

Little Lunch

Atheist
Have you been to a Thaipusam?
I went to one in Malaysia and had a great time.
Definitely the happiest religious festival I've ever seen.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The process of creation and dissolution goes on for ever and ever, for it is as endless as it is beginningless. Eternity is witness, not of one universe only—that, for example, of which we are now a part—but of an infinite succession of universes.

The birth, life, and destruction of a universe constitutes a cycle.

I never suggested that's not the case. What is your point?

To say that there was never a first cycle, and will never be a last, is only a way of affirming that the creative function of Ishwara (Dont confuse with Abrahamic God) is, like himself, eternal..

I never said that. What is your point?

Btw, this is not a debate area. So I'm going to leave this having given my pov based on Hindu scriptures.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Have you been to a Thaipusam?
I went to one in Malaysia and had a great time.
Definitely the happiest religious festival I've ever seen.

This isn't my thread, but yes I have, and we celebrate it each year. Haven't been to Batu Caves though.

Srimad Bhagavatam 12.2.1
Religion, truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength, and memory will all diminish day by day because of the powerful influence of the age of kalyuga.

I had rather suggest you focusing on your own individual development by being consistent in mediations and yoga rather scratching your head uwu
Thanks for sharing.
My question is directed to the OP.

Little Lunch

Atheist
This isn't my thread, but yes I have, and we celebrate it each year. Haven't been to Batu Caves though.

I've been in the caves but on the day I only made it to the steps.
Really, I've never seen anything like it.
It felt like there were hundreds of thousands of people and everyone I encountered made me feel so welcome.
Definitely something I'll do again one day.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've been in the caves but on the day I only made it to the steps.
Really, I've never seen anything like it.
It felt like there were hundreds of thousands of people and everyone I encountered made me feel so welcome.
Definitely something I'll do again one day.
It's big in Mauritius as well, and that's where I participated. On the entire island there are probably 50 parades, varying in size and length, but nothing quite like the crowd there in KL. I'm in Canada, and we do it in a small way here.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here’s a question – quick backstory first, though:

Krishna got my attention back in 2011 and I ended up creating a blog
centered on that.

Over the years, based on that blog’s traffic-stats, it seems that the
most popular topic there is a post I shared regarding Saint Mirabai.

So, my question is this: Why is it that with all the apparent fascination
with Mirabai, there seems to be so much objection to a modern-day
individual gifted with a bhava similar to hers (madhurya bhava)? I've
been burned in the past from sharing about my own similar bhava towards
God, as though no one else on earth could possibly have a similar gift,
so this leaves me scratching my head.
I was unaware what challenges you encountered. It's difficult unless I know more.

I was unaware what challenges you encountered. It's difficult unless I know more.
The challenges aren't really a biggie -- they impacted me more back when I thought I needed validation in this area. I've since come to realize that validation is just for parking. :)

Right now I'm simply curious as to how it is that someone from ages past would be a popular subject in spite of their having madhurya bhava, while someone here in the modern day would be a pariah because of having that very same bhava.

(If you want to, for a deeper understanding as to where I'm coming from, you can visit an old thread from back in 2012 where I brought up the topic of madhurya bhava and what was acceptable (again, back when I thought I needed permission on how to experience God :D).

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The challenges aren't really a biggie -- they impacted me more back when I thought I needed validation in this area. I've since come to realize that validation is just for parking. :)

Right now I'm simply curious as to how it is that someone from ages past would be a popular subject in spite of their having madhurya bhava, while someone here in the modern day would be a pariah because of having that very same bhava.

(If you want to, for a deeper understanding as to where I'm coming from, you can visit an old thread from back in 2012 where I brought up the topic of madhurya bhava and what was acceptable (again, back when I thought I needed permission on how to experience God :D).
Thanks. I looked at the responses and they were mixed, some supporting and some objecting. That is as expected, you can't expect two Hindus to agree on a subject :D. If you look at Mira's songs, she tells of how much criticism she herself faced. There is no non-controversial way of being a devotee. So do your thing as long as you yourself see that practice brings your spirit closer to God.

DennisTate

You well get my personal answer, but I will provide justification where ever possible. Ask away!

Are you open to the possibility that perhaps Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus travelled to India and even Nepal.......
and was shown many things about healing there before beginning his ministry in the Roman province of Judaea?

Are you open to the possibility that his identical twin brother Judas Didymus Thomas may have travelled to India after the death, burial and resurrection of his little brother?

Personally.... I am quite fascinated by the theory.

Untitled Document

DennisTate

What do you think of the idea of Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus or the Ancient of Days the Father who he stated was greater than him, saying something like this to one of his disciples?

http://www.thomastwin.com/7 A Thomas samples.html

Selection from Chapter Four: The Journey
As I continued my journey, and as I was brought to this place on the seashore among a people who are dark in skin but who have followed the Light within, I continued to learn many things from the Father.

When I looked around me and saw people who had been searching before I arrived to bring the words of the Christ and the Father, I began to wonder about the nature of what Christ had given me to do.

The Father said to me one evening in my time of meditation, “You wonder that people other than the Jews have the secrets of the Kingdom as well as you. As you have been instructed before, the secrets of the Kingdom have been given to many people, but to no one in their complete form, so that each, seeking in their own way, may gradually come closer to me, but no one group can say, ‘I have the secret and you are excluded.’ Indeed, any who say that, have already put themselves outside of the Kingdom, because the Kingdom comes by Love, and Love is a working together. Love is not exclusively for one group.”

“In the end of the Age, peoples from all parts of the earth will bring their knowledge together and will find the Inner Way to me by working together. So, read and know what has been given to others, that your knowledge may be complete and you may be able to come to Me, all working together in Love.”

So I continue my work among these people and grow to love them in the years I have been here. I learn their language and teach them and learn also from them. And from day to day I learn more from the Father of the celestial which is at the heart of our lives.

Now there is no fear, even though I am in disfavor with the authorities of the temples here. These people also have priests who seek to enslave, and they resent my coming here to teach a way of freedom and love and mercy. So perhaps I, too, will find an end like many of the followers of the Christ before me.

But I do not fear now, and I know that in life or death I will not be separated from the Father who is within.

That is my story of the Christ — not a birth and not a death, but a life which is within us. There is no doctrine and no law, but only the search within and the guidance of the Christ and the Father. What may come at the end of the age I have not been given to know, but it, too, will arise from Love and the fulfilling of the life of Love in the world.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you open to the possibility that perhaps Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus travelled to India and even Nepal.......
and was shown many things about healing there before beginning his ministry in the Roman province of Judaea?

Are you open to the possibility that his identical twin brother Judas Didymus Thomas may have travelled to India after the death, burial and resurrection of his little brother?

Personally.... I am quite fascinated by the theory.

Untitled Document
I don't believe these claims are credible.

DennisTate

I don't believe these claims are credible.

Good answer......
I really don't blame you because the implications are huge!

Did Rabbi Jesus/Yeshua learn about healing in India before teaching in Judaea?

The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ by Levi Dowling states that Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua learned much of his healing gifts in India!

CHAPTER 23

Jesus and Lamaas among the sudras and visyas. In Benares. Jesus becomes a pupil of Udraka. The lessons of Udraka. NOW, Jesus with his friend Lamaas went through all the regions of Orissa, and the valley of the Ganges, seeking wisdom from the sudras and the visyas and the masters. 2 Benares of the Ganges was a city rich in culture and in learning; here the two rabbonis tarried many days. 3 And Jesus sought to learn the Hindu art of healing, and became the pupil of Udraka, greatest of the Hindu healers. 4 Udraka taught the uses of the waters, plants and earths; of heat and cold; sunshine and shade; of light and dark. 5 He said, The laws of nature are the laws of health, and he who lives according to these laws is never sick. 6 Transgression of these laws is sin, and he who sins is sick. 7 He who obeys the laws, maintains an equilibrium in all his parts, and thus insures true harmony; and harmony is health, while discord is disease. 8 That which produces harmony in all the parts of man is medicine, insuring health. 9 The body is a harpsichord, and when its strings are too relaxed, or are too tense, the instrument is out of tune, the man is sick. 10 Now, everything in nature has been made to meet the wants of man; so everything is found in medical arcanes. 11 And when the harpsichord of man is out of tune the vast expanse of nature may be searched for remedy; there is a cure for every ailment of the flesh. 12 Of course the will of man is remedy supreme; and by the vigorous exercise of will, man way make tense a chord that is relaxed, or may relax one that is too tense, and thus may heal himself. 13 When man has reached the place where he has faith in God, in nature and himself, he knows the Word of power; his word is balm for every wound, is cure for all the ills of life. 14 The healer is the man who can inspire faith. The tongue may speak to human ears, but souls are reached by souls that speak to souls. 15 He is the forceful man whose soul is large, and who can enter into souls, inspiring hope in those who have no hope, and faith in those who have no faith in God, in nature, nor in man. 16 There is no universal balm for those who tread the common walks of life. 17 A thousand things produce inharmony and make men sick; a thousand things may tune the harpsichord, and make men well. 18 That which is medicine for one is poison for another one; so one is healed by what would kill another one. 19 An herb may heal the one; a drink of water may restore another one; a mountain breeze may bring to life one seeming past all help; 20 A coal of fire, or bit of earth, may cure another one; and one may wash in certain streams, or pools, and be made whole. 21 The virtue from the hand or breath may heal a thousand more; but love is queen. Thought, reinforced by love, is God's great sovereign balm. 22 But many of the broken chords in life, and discords that so vex the soul, are caused by evil spirits of the air that men see not; that lead men on through ignorance to break the laws of nature and of God. 23 These powers act like demons, and they speak; they rend the man; they drive him to despair. 24 But he who is a healer, true, is master of the soul, and can, by force of will, control these evil ones. 25 Some spirits of the air are master spirits and are strong, too strong for human power alone; but man has helpers in the higher realms that may be importuned, and they will help to drive the demons out. 26 Of what this great physician said, this is the sum. And Jesus bowed his head in recognition of the wisdom of this master soul, and went his way." (The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ by Levi Dowling)
The Aquarian Age Gospel of Jesus, the Christ of the Piscean Age

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Good answer......
I really don't blame you because the implications are huge!

Did Rabbi Jesus/Yeshua learn about healing in India before teaching in Judaea?

The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ by Levi Dowling states that Rabbi Jesus/Yehoshua learned much of his healing gifts in India!
Look I believe that these documents are fake ones. That's the consensus in history as well. Not all legends are true after all.

DennisTate

Look I believe that these documents are fake ones. That's the consensus in history as well. Not all legends are true after all.

True... but whoever Levi Dowling was.....
he was such an exceptionally good writer that I tend to take his claim to have gotten good at out of the body experience.....
and consultation of the Akashic Records..... at least somewhat seriously.