• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask anything about Islam

exchemist

Veteran Member
Iran and Pakistan are two that come to mind.
You seriously think the government of Pakistan and the religion "are one"?

That isn't even true of Iran, though it is a theocratic state (the only example in the muslim world, so far as I know).

What daft books have you been reading?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You seriously think the government of Pakistan and the religion "are one"?

That isn't even true of Iran, though it is a theocratic state (the only example in the muslim world, so far as I know).

What daft books have you been reading?
Where are you getting your information from? You mean the Ayatollah is not the driving force? By what standard does Pakistan use for correction?

But we digress.... why do Muslims call US the Great Satan and Israel the Little Satan?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Where are you getting your information from? You mean the Ayatollah is not the driving force? By what standard does Pakistan use for correction?

But we digress.... why do Muslims call US the Great Satan and Israel the Little Satan?

Because the US is bigger than Israel? :)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Because US and Israel are the main body of the devil in this world and together are giving him more power to achieve his goals then any body in the world.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And in the old books, the ruling society of these two, are referred to as Gog and Magog, Gog being the Pharaoh hidden or apparent, and Magog being his devoted followers.

These days they are a hidden society, and rule through US and Israel and work to cause havoc in the world, while they perceive themselves as people setting the earth aright, indeed, they are the mischief makers but they don't perceive.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Look, it is quite bonkers to claim, as you have done, that the government of either Pakistan or Iran "is one" with the religion of islam.

I am amazed you do not seem to know that Pakistan has a secular government, as does every other muslim country apart from Iran.

Even in the case of Iran, while they have a "supreme leader" who is a muslim cleric, that quite obviously does not mean the government of Iran "is one" with the religion of islam. It may be "one" with the religious authorities in Iran, but the religious jurisdiction of the Ayatollah does not extend to islam in general. He is just one cleric.

Tokita

Truth
Ask any questions related to Islam
I hope you can answer this - and there are many more: Would you call the following intelligent thinking or superstitions?
Volume 4, Book 54, Hadith 509 Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Yawning is from Satan and if anyone of you yawns, he should check his yawning as much as possible, for if anyone of you (during the act of yawning) should say: 'Ha', Satan will laugh at him."

Narrated `Aisha:Volume 1, Book 9, Hadith 490
The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs. I saw the Prophet (ﷺ) praying while I used to lie in my bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I would slip away. for I disliked to face him."