• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ascension?

Muffled

Jesus in me
For Baha'is I believe it normally refers to a spiritual ascension... and the following is an example:

"Through its awakening to the remembrance of its Lord and the call of its Creator, its arising from the couch of false imaginings, its recollection of God, the Most High, its ascension to the degrees of love and assurance, its immersion in the ocean of certitude, its recognition of the signs of God in the dawning-place of the world of existence, the horizon of the worlds of being and the Manifestation of the sign of Unity from the dawning-point of heaven, its entrance into the heart of paradise, its vibration through the warmth of God's love, its progress towards God, the Almighty, the Most-Powerful, its sitting upon the throne of peace and constancy and its proffering from the cups of steadfastness at all times -- it is referred to as the assured soul"

(Provisional Translations, 'Abdu'l-Baha - Planes of the Soul, p. 1)

I believe that serves as philosophical gibberish.

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe philosophy is a love of knowledge and the passage is attempting to know something even though it is not achieving it.
But you are aware that
definition and practice of
philosophy, as on RF here,
resemble eachother not.

As in the gibberish example
you cited.

Muffled

Jesus in me
But you are aware that
definition and practice of
philosophy, as on RF here,
resemble eachother not.

As in the gibberish example
you cited.
I believe you could be right. I haven't seen much philosophy on her. More likely people are spouting things they were taught and completely ignoring the fact that their beliefs are illogical. I am beginning to wonder if I will ever encounter anything profound here let alone philosophical.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
But then — there are also the times when the ascension process gets really, really hard. Old dysfunctional patterns assail us, sending us into depression or self-pity. Unresolved traumas are reactivated.

We bring old woundings into new relationships. Familiar ways of coping with challenges no longer seem to work. And unsettling anxiety dogs us, sometimes seemingly for no reason at all.

Plenty more in their library.

Enjoy your browsing!

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe you could be right. I haven't seen much philosophy on her. More likely people are spouting things they were taught and completely ignoring the fact that their beliefs are illogical. I am beginning to wonder if I will ever encounter anything profound here let alone philosophical.
You find nothing of deep meaning in, say,
coming to the understanding that noahs ark is just
fiction, like all of genesis?

Many here labour under weird n
wacky notions. They are very resistant
to the epiphanies which would shatter
their dream world.

Seems to me there's profound knowledge
here in some abundance but those as need to
hear it desperately fight it.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
You find nothing of deep meaning in, say,
coming to the understanding that noahs ark is just
fiction, like all of genesis?

Many here labour under weird n
wacky notions. They are very resistant
to the epiphanies which would shatter
their dream world.

Seems to me there's profound knowledge
here in some abundance but those as need to
hear it desperately fight it.
I believe that is not profound at all. It is mere speculation and anyone can fantasize.

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe that is not profound at all. It is mere speculation and anyone can fantasize.
As I said, desperately fight the
epiphany.
Which it takes desperation to
have to use such absurdity as that
the entire world scientific community
is about mere speculation and fantasy because
they don't find your (personally chosen) interpretation
of a middle eastern sky God book to match the hard
data that you so falsely dismisss as mere speculation.

It's not much of a faith that needs falsehood.

That's another awaiting epiphany to be dodged
and defeated by any and all means.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Huge page of downloads -

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I believe from the various scriptures that there are levels of the soul in this world and the next and all the worlds of God.

Some never attain to spiritual birth in this world and remain sunk in materialism and worldliness. Others attain some form of spirituality but mostly superficial and a very small minority are really spiritual and become reborn here and struggle to help this world to become peaceful and live in harmony.

Currently there are recorded billions of religious people on earth but they are not really spiritual or even truly religious which is why the world is the way it is. My estimation is that there might be only truly about 50,000 truly spiritual people on earth if we are very lucky.

Account for all the evil, violence and corruption, greed and selfishness and we can see that our world is overwhelmingly stacked with souls who have no real spiritual qualities, just worship outwardly and call themselves religious by name but are anything but.