• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

armageddon?? pick a #

Adstar

ashai said:
Ushta Adstar

You obviously did not understand my example:tsk: Sorry for not being more explicit. The President of Iran AHmadi , does not belief in the Bible He is a fanatical believer in the return of the Mahdi the 12th Imman of the Shiite belief.:( If he thinks that he can aid his coming by starting a war ... That is the danger with these beliefs!

Ushta te
Ashai

Yes i do know about the president of Irans beliefs concerning the 12 imam of shiite belief. He is like others who are seeking the acceleration of the end times through political power. He says He wants to see isreal wiped of the map and he is seeking nuclear weapons to do just that.

This does not change the point i was making with the scriptures i posted. Those who seek to accelerate the end times will suffer the great disasters mentioned and they will have to eternity with the God who's hand they seek to force.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

ashai

Adstar said:
Yes i do know about the president of Irans beliefs concerning the 12 imam of shiite belief. He is like others who are seeking the acceleration of the end times through political power. He says He wants to see isreal wiped of the map and he is seeking nuclear weapons to do just that.

This does not change the point i was making with the scriptures i posted. Those who seek to accelerate the end times will suffer the great disasters mentioned and they will have to eternity with the God who's hand they seek to force.

Ushta Adstar

But that assumes you are right and the Bible is. Which is a pretty big assumption. Specially, considering the odds (6 to 1 at least by numbers)
against.:(

If you are wrong, this belief can lead to a nut case blowing up civilization! :eek:
That is why I call it dangerous!:banghead3

Ushta Te
Ashai

may

Sunstone said:
I figure notions like armageddon, and other end of the world concepts, distract people from the very real problems that need to be addressed if humanity is to have a future on this planet.
i think that ,rather than distracting ,it brings the problems to our attention, before i started looking into the bible i really did not give all of the problems much thought , i pushed them to the back of my mind, after learning about what the bible says , and the hope from the bible that God is going to step in to the affairs of humans, it has given me a great future to look foreward too for the earth................ and working along with Gods purpose for the earth , is i feel the real life. and working along with his purpose is to keep making known the very good news that his kingdom is the goverment that will bring peace to the earth
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited
earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come matthew 24;14
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44

may

jewscout said:
Baruch HaShem, yes it does because the light of G-d will illuminate the world, and it shall come from Jerusalem...

of course, you'll still have to pay your taxes and go to work.;)

But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother......Galations 4;26 noone can harm the jerusalem above , because its in heaven
What is this "Jerusalem above"? Clearly not the city of Jerusalem in the Promised Land. That city is earthly, not "above" in the heavenly realm. "Jerusalem above" is God’s heavenly "woman," his organization of mighty spirit creatures ...its all happening in the heavens right now , the heavenly kingdom goverment is allready established and has been since 1914 so waiting for things to happen in earthly Jerusalem is not part of Gods plan , Jehovah God is working through SPIRITUAL ISRAEL not litral Israel its all happening

may

ashai said:
Ushta May

Yes but you have to accept the Bible as infallible and that interpretation as correct. That is big minority opinion world wide. What if you are wrong? Think of the harm that this belief can do! A fanatical believer in the end of the world and the coming Messiah Like the current president of Iran, for ex., can start a world war to hasten his coming!!:(
man makes out many plans ,but God has it all in control ,and his people leave it in his hands ............... true christians get on with the work that has been asigned to them.
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14 true christians are no part of the world ,as Jesus was no part of the world .
"They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world."—JOHN 17:16
The apostle John wrote: "We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19) John’s words about the world are manifestly true. The wars, crime, cruelty, oppression, dishonesty, and immorality that are so rampant today give evidence of Satan’s, not God’s, influence. (John 12:31; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 6:12)

ashai

may said:
man makes out many plans ,but God has it all in control ,and his people leave it in his hands ............... true christians get on with the work that has been asigned to them.
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14 true christians are no part of the world ,as Jesus was no part of the world .
"They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world."—JOHN 17:16
The apostle John wrote: "We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." (1 John 5:19) John’s words about the world are manifestly true. The wars, crime, cruelty, oppression, dishonesty, and immorality that are so rampant today give evidence of Satan’s, not God’s, influence. (John 12:31; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 6:12)

Ushta May:)

You have not addressed my concerns at all:tsk: You have simply quoted Christian scripture to me. Can you , even theoretically, consider that you and the Bible might be wrong and that this might indeed be a dangerous statement?:curtsy:

Ushta Te
Ashai

may

Adstar said:
The bible warns those who seek to hasten the Day of the Lord. (the second coming of the Messiah Jesus)

Amos 5
18 Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD! For what good is the day of the LORD to you? It will be darkness, and not light.

Daniel 11
14 “Now in those times many shall rise up against the king of the South. Also, violent men of your people shall exalt themselves in fulfillment of the vision, but they shall fall.

yes ,if we have not done the right thing and put ourselves on Gods side , it will not go well for us
Search for me, and keep living. Amos 5;4
(Isaiah 55:6) Search for Jehovah, YOU people, while he may be found. Call to him while he proves to be near.​

(Jeremiah 29:12) And YOU will certainly call me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to YOU.
Say to them, ‘"As I am alive," is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, "I take delight, not in the death of the wicked one, but in that someone wicked turns back from his way and actually keeps living. Turn back, turn back from your bad ways, for why is it that you should die,.. Ezekiel 33;11

ashai

may said:
yes ,if we have not done the right thing and put ourselves on Gods side , it will not go well for us
Search for me, and keep living. Amos 5;4
(Isaiah 55:6) Search for Jehovah, YOU people, while he may be found. Call to him while he proves to be near.​

(Jeremiah 29:12) And YOU will certainly call me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to YOU.
Say to them, ‘"As I am alive," is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, "I take delight, not in the death of the wicked one, but in that someone wicked turns back from his way and actually keeps living. Turn back, turn back from your bad ways, for why is it that you should die,.. Ezekiel 33;11

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
Why can't some of us give an answer that is not from a booK!!:banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3
I give up!

Ushta
Ashai

may

ashai said:
Ushta May:)

You have not addressed my concerns at all:tsk: You have simply quoted Christian scripture to me. Can you , even theoretically, consider that you and the Bible might be wrong and that this might indeed be a dangerous statement?:curtsy:

Ushta Te
Ashai
accurate knowledge about the bible is not wrong, but as you mentioned , inacurate knowledge leads to problems.............. plus we must not forget that sometimes God does move things to move things closer to his purpose.
"For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished." (Revelation 17:17)

may

ashai said:
Why can't some of us give an answer that is not from a booK!!:banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3
I give up!

Ushta
Ashai
Adstar quoted the book of Amos implying it was wrong to keep in expectation ............ but after looking at the rest of the book of Amos , i realized that this is not the case at all ,but is refering to those who have not searched for Jehovah............ in other words the book of Amos is saying why bother to keep in expectation , because they will be on the wrong side, and will be judged for it,
(Zephaniah 2:3) seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger

cardero

Citizen Mod
ashai said:
I give up!

Ushta
Ashai
Doesn’t matter what book you reference, it doesn’t matter what you heard and where you heard it, it doesn’t matter what you imagine to make the pieces fit or what excuses you bestow to a Supreme Being. The fact remains that whatever Jehovah has in mind for this planet and humankind, He is too late.

Ðanisty

Yeah right well all die of super aids by then
You don't pay much attention do you. My response was to how the earth will be destroyed...not mankind. Whether we're still here or not, the earth will be destroyed by the sun.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
may said:

But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother......Galations 4;26 noone can harm the jerusalem above , because its in heaven
What is this "Jerusalem above"? Clearly not the city of Jerusalem in the Promised Land. That city is earthly, not "above" in the heavenly realm. "Jerusalem above" is God’s heavenly "woman," his organization of mighty spirit creatures ...its all happening in the heavens right now , the heavenly kingdom goverment is allready established and has been since 1914 so waiting for things to happen in earthly Jerusalem is not part of Gods plan , Jehovah God is working through SPIRITUAL ISRAEL not litral Israel its all happening

that is the opinion of JW

Galations does not concern me, nor does it concern Judaism.

may

cardero said:
Doesn’t matter what book you reference, it doesn’t matter what you heard and where you heard it, it doesn’t matter what you imagine to make the pieces fit or what excuses you bestow to a Supreme Being. The fact remains that whatever Jehovah has in mind for this planet and humankind, He is too late.
now, now,
Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked Galations 6;7:)
so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it Isaiah 55;11

Adstar

ashai said:
Ushta Adstar

But that assumes you are right and the Bible is. Which is a pretty big assumption. Specially, considering the odds (6 to 1 at least by numbers)
against.:(

If you are wrong, this belief can lead to a nut case blowing up civilization! :eek:
That is why I call it dangerous!:banghead3

Ushta Te
Ashai

Well i can understand your concern seeing that you are not a believer.

As a Believer i believe that nothing will happen on this planet that God will not allow to happen. So if the crazy leader of iran is going to launch a nuclear strike on isreal then it was always going to happen that way. Of course i do not believe he will succeed in his desire to vaporize isreal but he could cause a lot of trouble for the sunni's in the middle east. If the situation in Iraq turns out the way I think it will then there will indeed be a lot of trouble for Iran’s neighbours.

What will happen will happen.

joeboonda

The Bible is one book that actually MAKES predictive prophesies, to show that the God of the Bible is the one true God. Hundreds of precise Bible prophecies have come true in exact detail just as God said, even the restoration of Israel in 1948 was predicted to the exact day. The exact day! And I can prove that too. Now, if one is wise enought to see the Bible is truely the Word of God and can be trusted, and one sees the prophecies that God made in the past came true, then one can study the prophecies that have not taken place yet and have some idea of what is to come. The Bible speaks of the Rapture of the Church, before the Great Tribulation, sparing them from the hour of wrath. It speaks of the Antichrist who will make a peace treaty with Israel and thus begins the Great Seven Year Tribulation. At the end of this Seven years, Jesus returns with the Saints, and the Battle of Armageddon takes place. Then Christ sets up His Millenial Kingdom, then Satan is loosed for a time, and is defeated, there is the Great White Throne Judgement, then a new heaven and earth and the City of the New Jerusalem will come down and God will be with us forevermore for all eternity. And we do not know nor has entered into our thoughts, or ears have not heard nor eye seen the wonderful things God has in store for those who love Him. But we come to God, not through our righteousness, which is as filthy rags, but we accept the free gift of Christ's righteousness imputed onto us. That is the Gospel, have we accepted the free gift, the only way, the good news?

Endless

I would just like to state that the literal heaven and earth will be destroyed (not that there is a non-literal one). You can find this here:

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 ¶ Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?

Re 21:1 ¶ Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

It's undeniable that the Bible teaches that this earth and heaven will be utterly destroyed with fire so intense that even the elements are destroyed. That is the reason for the new heaven and the new earth (not heaven as where the angels are - but space). In the new earth there will no longer be a sea. God will have made all things new.

Popeyesays

Endless said:
I would just like to state that the literal heaven and earth will be destroyed (not that there is a non-literal one). You can find this here:

It's undeniable that the Bible teaches that this earth and heaven will be utterly destroyed with fire so intense that even the elements are destroyed. That is the reason for the new heaven and the new earth (not heaven as where the angels are - but space). In the new earth there will no longer be a sea. God will have made all things new.

Don't forget that the Epistles often frequently speaking of Spirit of God as a flame.
So, in my opinion the reference you made to the world burning up is literally true only if it can burn up literally in the Spirit of GOd.

Metaphoric language is rife throughout the Bible, why would the destruction of earth not be metaphor as well?

Regards,
Scott