• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you Sure..........

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
This question has come up on other sites before. People ask are you sure you're not just an LHP Kemetic. And I say "Yes, I'm sure I'm not". Let me ask you all a question, would you all a Catholic a Saintist just because they pray and call on the Saints....."no", or would you call a Christian who does an Angel prayer a Angelist......"no". And why? "Because there teaching sgoes back to one source, there God"(I hope no one was offended by my examples). The teachings of a Setian goes back to Lord Set, though we might talk to and work with other Gods, mostly those of the Ancient Egyptian belief. At times it might confuse those that don't really understand, and sorry that I'm not really good at explaining things better(I'm trying). And to my Kemetic brother and sisters out there sorry if this offends you, but the Gods just speak differently to me(and others).

Okay, take it slow and start over.

Kemetic is?

Okay, here's what I don't understand: Would you consider this as worshipping a false idol- or does such a thing exist? Is everything we worship linked back to God in the end? So, when I worship my laptop I'm worshipping God?

Christianity confused me for the longest time because I think of Christ was a false idol as well. If there's one good thing you can say about Jehovah's Witnesses, they have the no-no's of this firmly established. (Well, I like a lot of things about them, but that's one of the biggies.) God is God and the only one you can worship or pray to is Him.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Okay, take it slow and start over.

Kemetic is?

Okay, here's what I don't understand: Would you consider this as worshipping a false idol- or does such a thing exist? Is everything we worship linked back to God in the end? So, when I worship my laptop I'm worshipping God?

Christianity confused me for the longest time because I think of Christ was a false idol as well. If there's one good thing you can say about Jehovah's Witnesses, they have the no-no's of this firmly established. (Well, I like a lot of things about them, but that's one of the biggies.) God is God and the only one you can worship or pray to is Him.

To tell the truth I wasn't all there when I posted this. So I really have no idea what even I was trying to say. But Kemetic this the worship of the Egyptian Gods. But Setianism has really nothing to do with it except that Set is on Egyptian God. But a Setians way of looking at Set is way different then most Kemetics.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
i want to join the temple of set my name is phillip schneeman i am 17 and my birthday is in november

I'm sorry I can't help you there. If you go to there website you can find out all you need to know about applying.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
You should be wary of any religion that uses a tiered system of knowledge, which would be my concern with the temple of set.

Same can be said for any Religion, including your Satanism. The ToS though really in and of itself is not a Religion. I know a few members that have a different set of believes some are Atheist some are not.

A Lurking Shadow

I'm a slave to your will
Same can be said for any Religion, including your Satanism. The ToS though really in and of itself is not a Religion. I know a few members that have a different set of believes some are Atheist some are not.

Not true. Christians will tell you exactly what their religion is about straight off the bat. You can read all the literature, and make decisions from there. Scientology on the other hand, requires time and money to learn more about the religion, which is wrong.

In short, it doesn't cost anything to be a Catholic. The Temple of Set requires a yearly subscription fee. Whether thats honest practice is up to you.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
It is a shame that Set has gained this 'Evil' wardrobe.
When Lower Egypt (Set's Egypt) attempted to take over Upper Egypt, they lost the war and were thus eternally cursed with "we won, Horus is Good and Set is Evil" ideal.
Set is just another Egyptian God, not the embodiment of Evil nor the Shaiten.

There is an interesting book 'Tankhem: Seth & Egyptian Magic' by Mogg Morgan that does a good job of explaining this powerful God/Man

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
It is a shame that Set has gained this 'Evil' wardrobe.
When Lower Egypt (Set's Egypt) attempted to take over Upper Egypt, they lost the war and were thus eternally cursed with "we won, Horus is Good and Set is Evil" ideal.

There is an interesting book 'Tankhem: Seth & Egyptian Magic' by Mogg Morgan that does a good job of explaining this powerful God/Man

I am going to have to look into that book. Thank you.

Not true. Christians will tell you exactly what their religion is about straight off the bat. You can read all the literature, and make decisions from there. Scientology on the other hand, requires time and money to learn more about the religion, which is wrong.

In short, it doesn't cost anything to be a Catholic. The Temple of Set requires a yearly subscription fee. Whether thats honest practice is up to you.

Greetings
Christians tend to parrot things. Like a bunch of them they all parrot together on and on!! About what they haven't a clue about because someone told them so or the voices in their heads told them so.

I encountered the Scientology bunch some years ago, and there literature speaks of the New Age hive mind mentality since they think that they all came from a big space ship no kidding!!. No wonder they do not like anyone leaving. One falls all fall so to speak.

Money seems to be at the root of all these nutty religions but well its all about the almighty buck.

The TOS literature at the heart has that Crowley feel to me the idea of Set in this form seems to be another variation of Satanism. Maybe I'm wrong!!

Regards

DiabloNightcraft

Sireal

Setian
Greetings,

In my own understanding Set is the "Principle of Isolate Intelligence", I prefer that moniker given its estrangement from any religious overtones. If one wants to make a religion of it-fine, do what thou will. There is no worship of Set in the TOS. Satanism was originally defined by Christianity, they are after all the best satanists on the planet and were the sole practitioners for almost 2000yrs. Lavey took that to a new level and did it rather smartly but Satanism will never get rid of the stigma of its origins in the judeo-christian mythos. Setian philosophy will never be Satanism, it is a fundamentally different approach to Initiation and light years ahead of the latter.

Eighty bucks a year is peanuts compared to the money spent on books with regurgitated/pilfered knowledge from poor sources/arm-chair magicians that most read.

just a few thoughts.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Azakel: I have read the book you offered, thank you.

Sireal: I would agree, It is a shame that Set has gained this 'Evil' wardrobe.

Sireal

Setian
Azakel: I have read the book you offered, thank you.

Sireal: I would agree, It is a shame that Set has gained this 'Evil' wardrobe.

The construct that eventually became Satan was a well crafted one and the fear of Set generated by the Hyksos (Sutehk) was capitalized on in the rise of the Osirian religion which is a major source for what later became the J/C religion. These religions offered a much easier/lucrative method of controlling populations than Setian religion of the day. Set gave Real Power to the individual, the Osirian/Horian and later J/C religions did not and could not have that or they would not be extant today. I suppose in the big picture thats not so bad though as we have an excellently detailed history (if one knows where to look)of what such religions are all about and capable of and the cat is definitely out of the bag.:run:
Tanstaafl

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
The construct that eventually became Satan was a well crafted one and the fear of Set generated by the Hyksos (Sutehk) was capitalized on in the rise of the Osirian religion which is a major source for what later became the J/C religion. These religions offered a much easier/lucrative method of controlling populations than Setian religion of the day. Set gave Real Power to the individual, the Osirian/Horian and later J/C religions did not and could not have that or they would not be extant today. I suppose in the big picture thats not so bad though as we have an excellently detailed history (if one knows where to look)of what such religions are all about and capable of and the cat is definitely out of the bag.:run:
Tanstaafl
I must say that it is a very rare moment that I have totally misunderstood something of this caliber, but I admit it, I have.
Yes, the Abrahamic religions are Sethian.

Erta Na Hekau Apen Ast

Back to the original post:

I don't think that many people know to go back to the source of their religion when they worship. Yes, I'm suggesting that people literally worship what is right in front of them and fail to see the bigger picture. Its the "If you don't go to church, your not a Christian" mentality.

Don't take people's misunderstanding in your case too personally. Their thoughts are too shallow to deserve real concern over.