• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are You a God

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I am afraid that you have been misled here by some posing as advaitans. My sympathies...

No, it wasn't from here. I'm just connecting the dots between matter and energy and relationship to consciousness. Some dots might connect, some not. After all, consciousness is electrochemical energy in the brain. But btw, I'm not adamant in this thought... it's just a fun thought experiment. Before I learned about Hinduism I always had a "thing" for the oneness I later came to learn is Brahman and Advaita.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
However it's an experience of what exactly? That we can have such an experience, does this prove what is said about it?

It’s an experience outside of one’s everyday perception...of being one with everything...of being without judgement...perception beyond the senses...beyond sight, smell, hearing, taste, or touch. But such a description doesn’t come close to doing the experience itself justice.

I’m not interested in proving anything when it comes to such experiences. I would guess if everyone was meant to understand such an experience, everyone would have one.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It’s an experience outside of one’s everyday perception...of being one with everything...of being without judgement...perception beyond the senses...beyond sight, smell, hearing, taste, or touch. But such a description doesn’t come close to doing the experience itself justice.

I’m not interested in proving anything when it comes to such experiences. I would guess if everyone was meant to understand such an experience, everyone would have one.

I'm really just asking what do you feel this experience proves to you. That there is a universal consciousness?

To me, I see it as proving that we can experience a feeling of being "one with the universe", but feelings don't necessarily equate with actuality.

Hermit

I believe the divine spark is in all of us.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Muffled

Jesus in me
*sigh*
  • Aitareya Upanishad 3.3 of the Rig Veda
  • Mandukya Upanishad 1.2 of the Atharva Veda
  • Chandogya Upanishad 6.8.7 of the Sama Veda
  • Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.4.10 of the Yajur Veda
  • Chāndogya Upaniṣad
  • Isha Upanishad
  • Chāndogya Upaniṣad 3.14.1
Mahāvākyas - Wikipedia

Whether you accept that as sound or not, I can't help there. I have no reason not to accept them as sound, and making an eminent amount of sense.

I believe the Upanisads are religious philosophy and not always correct because they come from the imaginative mind of man instead of God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe the divine spark is in all of us.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I believe there is no such thing as a divine spark and I am sure any divine influence is often blocked by some people.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe the Upanisads are religious philosophy and not always correct because they come from the imaginative mind of man instead of God.

So what's incorrect? Give me an example of something incorrect and why it's incorrect. On what do you base this testimony? And "because God said so in the Bible" doesn't count.