• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a bad person if you don't find babies cute

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
My son was so cute as an infant (he looked like one of those precious moments dolls) that when I went grocery shopping I'd have women following me around in the supermarket fawning about, "oh, he's sooooooooo cute!" (Heck, it beats getting groped!)

chinu

chinu
Of course babies are cute.

Give them $100 dollars bank-note they can tear it without any regret. But, can you ? :)

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I used to straight up dislike babies. For males, I think it is a thing that comes with age. Now, I think some babies are pretty neat; im not totally in love with them or anything, but im not prejudiced against them just for being babies :D

I get fascinated by watching them explore and learn things and I wonder how they experience reality. If I had a baby, I would be teaching that kid things from day one just to see how smart he/she could get. People don't realize what a great opportunity it is to teach a baby.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One of my friends just had his fourth. He still finds nothing cute about babies, not even his own.
Finding babies unnactractive is nothing to feel guilty or bad over. It also has absolutely nothing to do with emotional states and maturity. It's also very understandable if you are worried about hurting them. Babies are fragile, and I would suspect that probably most people, until they are used to babies, are fearful they will accidentally hurt a baby they are interacting with.
Myself, I don't think they are cute, mewling and puking in the nurses arms. Snot running down their nose, ugly faces when they cry (which is constantly) and more puke.
But, I've also had very few connections and relations with other humans, and I too find animals to be much more cute, far more adorable, and even more trustable. A cute puppy will grow into a dog who wont hurt me or cause me grief. A baby grows into a snot-nosed brat who brings many headaches, then into a know-it-all teen who is worth even more headaches, and finally into an adult, who is a bringer of even more headaches.

ScottySatan

Yes you are, to most people, unless you can give a sufficiently shy and apologetic excuse for not holding it. If you say "NO! **** off!" that seals the deal.

ScottySatan

Of course babies are cute.

Give them $100 dollars bank-note they can tear it without any regret. But, can you ? :)

Living without money is a luxury almost no one has. Holy men just live off of other people's money. To trivialize the amount of suffering that the loss of $100 can cause is incredibly ignorant. I understand you're thinking "big picture" and all, but that's not enough.

Also, babies will also tear up things with "true spiritual value" like father's living flesh, with glee if you don't intervene or teach in the same way you would teach them not to tear up money.

Make your theory as simple as possible but not simpler.

Last edited:

Maldini

Nah you're not bad. You're actually sane.

To me that's the scariest thing in the world. It's so scarey thinking about a kid's future, and that's what happens in my mind when I look at a baby instead of noticing how cute their little fingers and toes are.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's been something I don't like to admit because I don't like the thought of getting a bad image in the mind of people (publicly).

But I do feel a little strange when I am around people who have babies and they are talking about how adorable they are. I simply cannot sympathize that thought. This does NOT mean I dislike babies, in fact I will play with them if they want me to. But I don't really find them cute, except sometimes the things they do is cute. When it comes to babies, though, I feel nervous around them because I don't know how fragile they are and I don't want to hurt them, and let alone I can't see a baby that has snot or anything like that on it (this also applies for anyone of any age).

I feel guilty that I don't. Many have said that for some people they need to have one of their own before this adoring feeling clicks in, is that true?

On the brighter side, it's quite the opposite with animals. I can't stop finding them adorable. In fact I often do scratch a sow's head at work, but a lot of people do not find sows cute. My friend calls me crazy because they could snap at any time, but I adore them so much that I can actually trust it. I do take precautions of course (beginning by petting the neck to see whether or not they actually want to be scratched before I go near the head). I guess that I can relate to animals a lot more than humans.

Is this more common than it seems? Anyone else have similar feelings? For those who have children; does this outlook offend you?

It's okay not to find babies cute. Just don't find them tasty - then people will worry.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's okay not to find babies cute. Just don't find them tasty - then people will worry.
images

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You are not a bad person if you don't find babies cute.

Even baby Sasquatch.

Nope, you're not a bad person if you don't find babies cute. But if we're talking human babies, you probably ARE a bad person if you find them delicious.
:eat:

This is why I need to read the WHOLE thread before posting. *sighs*
Apologies for the plagarism!

Vishvavajra

Eh, I don't find babies cute in general. They look like dumpy little deformed wanna-be humans. (Except Chinese babies, who are cute for some reason.)

But if you spend time with one, they will start to seem OK. I'm still not crazy about babies in general, but my friend's baby, whom I've visited a few times, now seems cute enough. Or at least I have a better feeling for her as a little person and not just as a source of obnoxious sounds and smells, which is what strangers' babies often seem like.

People tend to feel affection for their own babies because, really, what else are you going to do? Plus instincts and stuff, I guess, but that's not always strong in everyone. My friend is surprisingly not insane about her baby, which is refreshing. I think she'd be fine with letting someone else raise her for a couple of years, then bring her back when she's house trained.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Eh, I'm racist with whether or not I find human babies cute. I almost never find white human babies cute or even remotely physically appealing and, in fact, quite repulsive. Babies of other races I feel more neutral towards, and, on rare occasions, I might actually call them cute (especially black human babies; something about them is beautiful). It's rather odd, considering I myself am a white pasty-face. One would think I'd be partial to my own race rather than finding it butt-ugly. But unlike Sum here, I hate human babies in addition to generally finding them butt-ugly. This makes it pretty easy to keep to my vow of never contributing to human overpopulation. Humans don't start getting cute until around age two or three.
I'm with the opposite, but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.