• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we too soft?

Somkid

As in, people invading India, letting them go and take our countries money... Liek that.

I'm not sure, If you mean India, I think India has done a good job defending itself, while the people are not violent they don't run away from a fight. Keep in mind that India is one of the oldest countries in the world and Hinduism is the oldest religion we know of.

I mean like, in india, moguls would come and loot the mandirs, which is the centre of the wealth for a village. Ok, now the village rebuilds and gets more wealth, moguls do the same thing.

How come hindus, the oldest religion in the world cannot hold of invading forces? India have never once been able to hold any sort of invasion of, and sometimes, it gets to me, what if it happens again? India's hindu roots would be destroyed.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I mean like, in india, moguls would come and loot the mandirs, which is the centre of the wealth for a village. Ok, now the village rebuilds and gets more wealth, moguls do the same thing.

How come hindus, the oldest religion in the world cannot hold of invading forces? India have never once been able to hold any sort of invasion of, and sometimes, it gets to me, what if it happens again? India's hindu roots would be destroyed.

India is most likely going to become something of a superpower over the next 100 years, Penguino.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Yes and no. I know, an ambiguous answer but it is true. I remember being in an airport and having the Hindus there tell me why no one should eat meat. Yet the ones I have heard about are kind hearted, too. I also have heard of Hindus killing Sikhs (I think they were Sikhs), too. I guess in any case, it would depend on each individual Hindu and not Hindus as a whole.

India is most likely going to become something of a superpower over the next 100 years, Penguino.

I know how the Indian economy is growing like mad. SENSEX is just reached a certain amount of points (cant remember what) But, still, i'd rather India does not lose its roots. During hte New Year period, many women were molested, they seem to be westernising, i think the period of changing over is not good for the people and will ultimately turn out to be bad, i don't know still.

If you are saying that molestation is a Western thing, I'm afraid you are wrong.

I dont mean it like that, but i mean, it never happend in such a way in India, and trust me, i know. My mum must read every single newspaper in India. It did happen, no doubt, but never like this.

Atman

I fail to see how events that occurred some 300 years ago are still relevant. Furthermore one of the reasons for this problem was a lack of military force amongst the Indian kingdoms the Mughals attacked, not due to them being too pacifist in nature.

I fail to see how events that occurred some 300 years ago are still relevant. Furthermore one of the reasons for this problem was a lack of military force amongst the Indian kingdoms the Mughals attacked, not due to them being too pacifist in nature.

India are still too weak today. They can't even manage to get Shivaji's sword back, who the Queen (of UK) is using as a backscratcher.

Atman

India are still too weak today. They can't even manage to get Shivaji's sword back, who the Queen (of UK) is using as a backscratcher.
First of all everyone living in India is not a Hindu. Second of all, last I checked India has not been under British rule for over 60 years now.

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
I dont mean it like that, but i mean, it never happend in such a way in India, and trust me, i know. My mum must read every single newspaper in India. It did happen, no doubt, but never like this.
I see. I wasn't sure of the context.