• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are We Humans first? or are we still dogmatic? in this age!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,

It is usually found that we are first a muslim, a hindu, a christian, a jew etc. then maybe a human?

Simply because if we are humans first we should choose the path / way / religion, which leads us to *self* discovery / realization.

In such a scenario we choose by knowing about most of them and then selecting the one that suits us. and not because they do not lead us to the goal but because the personal make up suits a particular path or maybe a way of my own which includes parts of many religions.
In that case we do not speak or quote only from one religion but from all.

Please share your views!

Love & rgds

REASON_236

how can our way/religion be of our own making if we lack enough knowledge of the universe and God. to me particularly, i feel that i will never be qualified to alter or edit my religion. because Islam is a way of life that has rules and boundaries that i must not cross. and these boundaries are set by Allah. therefore, i am not qualified to change the boundaries that God set.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Hi zz,

I want to try to become everything I am capable of being. I believe in order to do so that I need to take everything I think I know as provisional. Everything seems quite fluid at this time in human history (maybe it was always so?) yet still it can be hard to let go of the cultural aspirations with which I am imbued.
I want to be a human first, not my cultural designation, relaxing and letting go in order to attain such a state is my goal.
If I achieve this I will be a better person than I am now :)

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I wanted to be an astronaut, but after fifty years i think the odds are limited. In the process of the chasing the dream I made achievements, including thinking, one of those exercises confirmed to me that I was human ie a temporary specimen of Homo sapiens, endowed with the ability to see the beauty of life and the universe.

I have a fairly complete set of concepts that pretty much address all the bases a religion is supposed to cover. The difference is my philosophy unlike all other religions has no contradictions. So I am happy I am a human, and would not even consider being part of the other containers of sheep like people. Is that dogmatic, I dont think so because my philosophy is adjustable so as it oscillates between hypothetical extremes it actually eventually homes in on the average which is usually the truth.

Cheers

MissAlice

Although I'm not religious I still ask myself what does it mean to be human?

I guess I could come up with a bunch of scenarios but in the end I just look at life like a journey and would rather humble myself to learn than to follow a path based upon fear.

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Well since we neither find anyone else to voice their opinions just like to state that the form in which we have taken birth is HUMAN and so as BEING we have to start from being a human and that is to understand what is IT all about before we select any PATH as most are not sure what the goal of human life IS?
Is it to be enlighetened or achieve *nirvana* or simply allow ourselves to be guided blindly by some others?
Only on being sure, can a journey made which is meaningful.
Love & rgds

FreeSpirit

Life is wonder...
Friend Zenzero,

I understand what you are saying.

I believe in exploring other faiths - the beliefs, practices and cultural differences within them - before making a decision on a religious belief to follow. I myself have gone through a few religious beliefs before I decided upon Druidry, and I'm happy I've done so.

I believe that it's quite possible to fashion for ones self a religion/belief drawing from a number of others. If you agree with a particular way of thinking, but not another, then why not make a composit of beliefs that you agree with. Would this not make your faith and spirituality a bit stronger?

Blessings,

Matt :flower:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Friends,
Well since we neither find anyone else to voice their opinions just like to state that the form in which we have taken birth is HUMAN and so as BEING we have to start from being a human and that is to understand what is IT all about before we select any PATH as most are not sure what the goal of human life IS?
Are you sure that was a question (should end in a question mark)? I think it works as a statement (which is to say, I agree). :)

I'm still working on what it is to be a human.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Willamena,

Are you sure that was a question (should end in a question mark)? I think it works as a statement (which is to say, I agree).:)

can only point the finger towards the moon.
It is upto the observer what he sees. Some see the moon, some may see the finger, few yet may see the *whole* picture of a finger pointing towards the moon, the background, the moment, the context of the occurrence etc.

So the question mark yet remains and it is upto the observer to put any stops or better still could only again point that to either take the full stop as the beginning of another sentence or use a comma instead or let it be a question mark till one verifies himself.

Buddha bless you!

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend free spirit,

As you name suggests a spirit can not be binded by any limitations even of any religion that follows a fixed path. A bird flies in the open sky without any fixed paths but still is one with existence.

Buddha bless you!
Love & rgds

FreeSpirit

Life is wonder...
Friend free spirit,

As you name suggests a spirit can not be binded by any limitations even of any religion that follows a fixed path. A bird flies in the open sky without any fixed paths but still is one with existence.

Buddha bless you!
Love & rgds

Zenzero,

This statement is very true in its essence, but due to the highly dogmatic effects of some religions people feel that their spirits are bound to one path. I know from experience that any religion that states boundaries, like Christianity, will eventually end up trapping people in the seemingly endless cycle of ritual and beliefs.

In Druidry, there is fair amount of ritualistic pratice, but it's all voluntary. If you don't wish to take part in any Druid rituals, then you wouldn't need to. I just don't believe in preaching one set way, it drags the soul down.

Blessings :flower:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend FreeSpirit,

Could you start a thread on the rituals and meanings of *Druidry*?
Would be enlightening for others here to share another way of life.

Love & rgds