• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we created by chance?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Ryan2065 said:
If any of them say "A small number should be rounded to 0 in math and physics" then they are, in fact, 'quacks'... To use my dads technical term.

I was taking this statement alone:
Science tells us… ‘There has to be Someone , some Supernatural force’.

Ryan2065

Victor said:
I was taking this statement alone:
Science tells us… ‘There has to be Someone , some Supernatural force’.
A scientist might say "There has to be someone, some supernatural force" but science does not say anything of the sort.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Ryan2065 said:
A scientist might say "There has to be someone, some supernatural force" but science does not say anything of the sort.

Isn't that what I said? :confused:
That's why I said "....just not in class."

Random

The question the thread poses is an oxymoron: creation implies an element of intent and design, and where that is present there cannot be "chance".

However, I believe we are spiritual beings having a human experience, not humans having a spiritual experience. Randomness is the absensce of equation, and so any proposition to explain our presence and our state based on chance is illogical, unbalanced and non-mathematical: which is not possible as it contradicts the elegant language which physicists and others have found to desribe our material reality.