• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are these the last days?

rusra02

Premium Member
Jesus spoke of the end of the world or system of things as recorded in Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. Other Scriptures refer to the last days, describing them as "critical times hard to deal with." (2 Timothy 3:1-5) Do you think these are the last days?

jonathan180iq

Jesus spoke of the end of the world or system of things as recorded in Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. Other Scriptures refer to the last days, describing them as "critical times hard to deal with." (2 Timothy 3:1-5) Do you think these are the last days?
Oh, it's always the "last days"... So hug yourself real hard, put on your tin-foil hat, and chant hymns to the alien overlords.

List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bible specifically and purposefully avoids making absolute declarative predictions. So all of the arguments otherwise, using that same scripture, seem kind of pointless.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe prophesy of last days is a warning that such behavior that is warned about might cause us our last days.
I can't see that God's word, if indeed scripture is God's word, can prophesy evil. What God says MUST come true. Correct? Then why would God foretell evil stupid people?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God said to Adam "go multiply and let the Earth be in subjection to you". Now God says nevermind that. I will destroy all those not obeying me and I shall make it happen for you.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I don't know but in my heart I would hope so.
I'd hate to believe my kids and grand kids will have to endure more of this crap!

Unification

It would be extremely "hard to deal with" for a fundamental, literalist, doctrined, conditioned, brainwashed, outward, controlled systematic church building going individual to leave that "egotistical world" behind for truth, becoming inward, and reality. Quite painful, neurologically. The ego doesn't want to let go of its world within the mind.

Mountain_Climber

If Donald Trump becomes the President of the United States that will be undeniable proof we are in the last of the last days. :) What a fitting picture that would present to have the Rich Man in control of the most powerful nation in the world, prophesying the road of the future to the world for the nations all to follow.

As it stands, the so-called free Democratic block of nations have prophesied their road of democracy as man's solution and have been very effective at spreading their way. But what is the reality of what they have spread? Have they not actually spread Capitalism which put money interests ahead of solving the problems of a dying world, adding to the causes of the world's imminent death rather than changing that eventuality?

What about the Internet? Has the Internet provided solutions to mend a dying world? Or, has the internet merely become a means to further engage greedy Capitalism without any real concern for who it hurts? If people had some vote and say in the real world as to the outcome of their doings, what vote do they really have on the Internet as we transfer more and more of real life's transactions over to the domain of the internet? On the Internet those who operate in official capacity as our Trust Network have chosen themselves and we have had no say.

A person has to be pretty dumb or completely asleep not to see that we are quickly doing away with even what little protections we had to delay that day of reckoning.

rusra02

Premium Member
I don't know but in my heart I would hope so.
I'd hate to believe my kids and grand kids will have to endure more of this crap!
Jesus mentioned three notable events in Matthew 24:7,8 that he said marked a beginning of pangs of distress. "For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another."
Three times as many people died in 20th century wars than in all the wars from the first century to 1899.(Worldwatch institute)
Food shortages are also a feature of the 20th century. 5 million children die each year from malnution effects according to WHO.
Earthquakes have taken over 2 million lives since 1900.
Just based on this one prophetic verse, I find the evidence compelling that we are in the last days.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Jesus mentioned three notable events in Matthew 24:7,8 that he said marked a beginning of pangs of distress. "For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another."
Three times as many people died in 20th century wars than in all the wars from the first century to 1899.(Worldwatch institute)
Food shortages are also a feature of the 20th century. 5 million children die each year from malnution effects according to WHO.
Earthquakes have taken over 2 million lives since 1900.
Just based on this one prophetic verse, I find the evidence compelling that we are in the last days.

In that light I'd tend to strongly agree.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Nope. Can't think of anything that should lead anything to think that they are.

Mountain_Climber

The latest report from science on global warming just came out a couple of days ago. It reported that it is taking place some four to five times faster than they first thought and that instead of a 5-7 foot rise in sea level we are looking at 15 to about 18 feet which will wash thousands of miles of the coastal regions of the earth's continents out of existence.

Further, in another fairly recent report from the scientific world it was shown that the oxygen producing plankton of our oceans is dying off at an alarmingly high rate. Our oceans are loosing their ability to be the primary source for renewing their own and our atmosphere's oxygen. Our mass deforestation has left the load for this on the oceans and now they are also being poisoned to death by man's greedy capitalistic society's which are the very kind of society's we are yet vigorously pushing every nation of the world toward.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If truth is light and the light is dark then what do teachers of God's law expect from the people? The caretakers of Planet Earth. Nothing! And that is what they are getting.

It seems nobody has the courage to check the source of Earth's troubles. Cowards will not inherit God's Kingdom

rusra02

Premium Member
The latest report from science on global warming just came out a couple of days ago. It reported that it is taking place some four to five times faster than they first thought and that instead of a 5-7 foot rise in sea level we are looking at 15 to about 18 feet which will wash thousands of miles of the coastal regions of the earth's continents out of existence.

Further, in another fairly recent report from the scientific world it was shown that the oxygen producing plankton of our oceans is dying off at an alarmingly high rate. Our oceans are loosing their ability to be the primary source for renewing their own and our atmosphere's oxygen. Our mass deforestation has left the load for this on the oceans and now they are also being poisoned to death by man's greedy capitalistic society's which are the very kind of society's we are yet vigorously pushing every nation of the world toward.
Man is truly ruining the earth.(Revelation 11:18)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Man is truly ruining the earth.(Revelation 11:18)
It doesn't take a scripture to know that The Earth is being ruined by humankind. But you might consider two things.

1. all rich countries with their people contribute in some way to the destroying of Earth. If God is fair then everyone but very poor people who do not use Earth's resources should be destroyed.

2. The scripture which you say says God comes to destroy people MIGHT MEAN that God brings us to the destruction of The Earth. God allows it thus scripture says, "διαφθεῖραι τοὺς διαφθείροντας" God will have us see what the sons of Adam might do. I think we do not HAVE TO do it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can anyone tell me why it is written that when Jesus arrives "And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see"? Matthew 24:30 Revelation 1:7

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is being said that what Jesus will arrive "as a thief" means is that he will come unexpectedly. 1 Thessalonians 5:2 How does that belief coincide with Matthew 24:14 Mark 13:10 Romans 10:18 Colossians 1:6 ?