• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are these the last days?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sir, I teach only what is written.
I shall keep that in mind as I read your written words.
So I do take my own advice.
Good for you!

Please do not think that because I am Catholic that I agree with everything that comes out of Rome. That is not the case with most American Catholics.
I think it is OK with Rome and I know it is OK with the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses to teach the Bible any which way. I would think that a true brother of Christ (I am a sister) would combat against teaching error.
Something for you to take to heart, please. Isaiah 57:11

First Baseman

Retired athlete
I shall keep that in mind as I read your written words.Good for you!

I think it is OK with Rome and I know it is OK with the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses to teach the Bible any which way. I would think that a true brother of Christ (I am a sister) would combat against teaching error.
Something for you to take to heart, please. Isaiah 57:11

Well, I am rather fallible, I must admit. I do not claim perfection at all! :D

And most European Catholics do not believe it is OK with Rome to side with scripture over their proclamations. Many priests here do not think it is, either.

Brian Schuh

Interesting interpretation of scripture. That was just a comment, I'm not asking you to elaborate.
The Roman Catholic Church calls full preterism a heresy, but partial preterism is widely believed among Catholics. You could read Wikipedia to read about the difference between full and partial preterism. I believe it was a Roman Catholic theologian who first taught preterism. I'm surprised you as a Catholic haven't heard of it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, I am rather fallible, I must admit. I do not claim perfection at all! :D

And most European Catholics do not believe it is OK with Rome to side with scripture over their proclamations. Many priests here do not think it is, either.
Four times read and I do not understand it. What does it mean?
I do not care about anyone's proclamations. I am worried about teaching the wrong meaning of the words of God to the children and to the next generation.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
The Roman Catholic Church calls full preterism a heresy, but partial preterism is widely believed among Catholics. You could read Wikipedia to read about the difference between full and partial preterism. I believe it was a Roman Catholic theologian who first taught preterism. I'm surprised you as a Catholic haven't heard of it.

I am a recent convert to Catholicism. Also, I do not believe everything the pope does.

I have heard of it, I just heard of it referred to as premillinealism. Oh well.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@12jtartar You say Revelation 6:2 means Jesus. JWs teach that Revelation is a prophecy about end times. So according to you, Jesus receives his authority to rule in the end. How do you explain Matthew 28:18? What about Mark 16:19, Luke 22:69, Luke 24:51, Colossians 3:1, Hebrews 1:3 ?

Torah4Yah

Jesus spoke of the end of the world or system of things as recorded in Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. Other Scriptures refer to the last days, describing them as "critical times hard to deal with." (2 Timothy 3:1-5) Do you think these are the last days?

Yes, it is the last days. First of all Jesus means the pig in Latin.

I.e. = that is , or simply the
Sus= pig, sow, swine

The pork that you are not to eat of is the publications of the swine do not mentally eat of it. The publications of the swine is known as the Holy Bible.
Pork meat has nothing to do with it. It was a metaphor.

The Ma'aseyah's name YHWSA
yod hey waw shin ayin (Yahowsha)

We are coming to the end of the sixth thousandth year. Remember the last tribulation that generation shall not pass before the final tibulation. Do you consider WW2 a tibulation?

I know you went to church and the preacher said no man knows the day he will return. I have heard it many times myself. But the armies gather to wage war on him as he returns (but they don't know when). My point is they do know when, they know the day they know the hour.

The enemy knows exactly when, why don't you?

Rev 19:13
He returnes with a garment red with blood. Why is this? Because he returnes on Yom Kippur he is still attending the feasts. Are you attending the feasts? He is.

He is returning to have the millenial Sabath a thousand year Sabath but who keeps Sabath, who keeps his feasts?

So when is this Yom Kippur?
Oct. 2 2033

Subtract seven years from that and you have day one of the final tibulation.

The day that no one knows is the Taruwah Harvest of souls it could be any Taruwah between now and then. If you never heard of Taruwah Harvest it is referred to as the rapture in English. Rapture means to violently snatch. Is YHWH (Yahowah) going to violently snatch his people out of the way, I don't think so they will be harvested.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes, it is the last days. First of all Jesus means the pig in Latin.

I.e. = that is , or simply the
Sus= pig, sow, swine

The enemy knows exactly when, why don't you?

I cannot find support for your use of the name Jesus

perhaps you can support your slander?

Torah4Yah

I cannot find support for your use of the name Jesus

perhaps you can support your slander?

https://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/e.g.html

Definition of sus (noun, LEM, sūs) - Numen - The Latin Lexicon - An Online Latin Dictionary

image.png

Thief

Rogue Theologian
so you think?......i.e.
could be construed as a particle of a proper name

that would be .....inappropriate

Torah4Yah

so you think?......i.e.
could be construed as a particle of a proper name

that would be .....inappropriate

The name is inappropriate period. Isn't that the point of an insult?

Yeshu/Yeshua are no better actually they are worse.
These are a Hebrew acronym for
(May his name and memory be obliterated).

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus spoke of the end of the world or system of things as recorded in Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13. Other Scriptures refer to the last days, describing them as "critical times hard to deal with." (2 Timothy 3:1-5) Do you think these are the last days?

I think a better way of thinking about it is an end of an era. Jesus on the mount of Olives spoke of the destruction of the temple and how it would be for both Jews and Christians. It was a time of profound change with the end of the Jewish era of the temple, Jerusalem, and their promised land. It was the beginning of the Christian era.

There has been equally profound social changes in the last 150 years with the earth becoming a common homeland to one people, rise of democracy, the crumbling of colonialism, marked changes in levels of education and prosperity, and a greater concerns for human rights. This has been accompanied by much pain and tribulation at times.

These times present an enormous challenge to established religions that have their origin in ancient civilisations, often with theologies out of step with the age in which we live.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The first Christians were "Sure" that they were in the Last days, as have most generations since.
If you had spoken to any one on the front line in WW1 they were "Convinced" of it.

There is nothing "Special" about "Now"
Except perhaps that we are doing our best to destroy our world by making it uninhabitable.

MJFlores

Yes it is the last days.

2 Peter 3:7-9 New International Version (NIV)

By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends:

With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
images

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
1 Timothy 4 says:

Now the Spirit explicitly says that in the later times some will desert the faith and occupy themselves with deceiving spirits and demonic teachings, 2 influenced by the hypocrisy of liars whose consciences are seared. 3 They will prohibit marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

And when we look around, we do see hypocrites prohibiting marriage:

Family Research Council

So maybe we are in the "later times" after all. ;)