• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there no other artists in this entire forum?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I paint in oil, I have a journal of art that I started in this forum as well, if anyone wants to add their progress in there have at it.

But I had a question about series 7 oil pigments and why they hell they take forever to dry in particular the Indrathrone Blue, a Winton and Windsor pigment. Typically blues and blacks are the shortest to dry, which is average 2-3 days and up to a week with a heavier application, although this drying process can be up to a month with certain kinds of application but I just used a brush, AND I even mixed a thinning agent and glaze into it. But it has been over a month and it is still wet. Just wondering what the hell is up with this color.

I have other series 7 paints but those dried in about a week. So maybe it is just this specific color,

And I know this isn't an art forum I'm just curious, if there is maybe someone on here. Cause the art forums I'm on the activation protocols are extremely long.

Mainly oil paint, I do sculpt in wire, I would sculpt in heavier metals if I had a welder and a blowtorch.

I can draw, but meh it's "too basic" color is far mor appealing and the oil medium lasts a century longer minimum than paper.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I'm thinkin' soon to make an abstract sculpture of bamboo in my yard. There's a lot of leftover scaffolding in a corner of my property. Would like to also ask about the best method of fastening the poles together.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I paint in oil, I have a journal of art that I started in this forum as well, if anyone wants to add their progress in there have at it.

But I had a question about series 7 oil pigments and why they hell they take forever to dry in particular the Indrathrone Blue, a Winton and Windsor pigment. Typically blues and blacks are the shortest to dry, which is average 2-3 days and up to a week with a heavier application, although this drying process can be up to a month with certain kinds of application but I just used a brush, AND I even mixed a thinning agent and glaze into it. But it has been over a month and it is still wet. Just wondering what the hell is up with this color.

I have other series 7 paints but those dried in about a week. So maybe it is just this specific color,

And I know this isn't an art forum I'm just curious, if there is maybe someone on here. Cause the art forums I'm on the activation protocols are extremely long.

Mainly oil paint, I do sculpt in wire, I would sculpt in heavier metals if I had a welder and a blowtorch.

I can draw, but meh it's "too basic" color is far mor appealing and the oil medium lasts a century longer minimum than paper.

Aaw man. I use acrylics. I tried oil but it got too messy and hard to clean the brushes well. Im not a pro. Im mostly a writer. Ive wrote poetry most my life, essays, now working on stories. I think it takes about a day for oil paints to successfully dry. But then wet and dry canvas could probably make a difference too.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
When I was younger I loved to draw, paint, and even make animations, but I unfortunately allowed my interest and ability to atrophy.

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
I'm a composer (contemporary classical, and also in many other areas like Jazz, Prog rock/metal, Folk etc) and a writer (poetry and novels). I'm not much of a painter or drawer though :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I dabble in acrylic portraiture. I can't claim to be an artist by most standards, but I might be up for a discussion.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have a fondness for oil painting. My true love lays in cartooning and animation.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't know a thing about the drying times of oils beyond the "standard" stuff -- e.g. 3-4 days to working dry, etc.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Aaw man. I use acrylics. I tried oil but it got too messy and hard to clean the brushes well. Im not a pro. Im mostly a writer. Ive wrote poetry most my life, essays, now working on stories. I think it takes about a day for oil paints to successfully dry. But then wet and dry canvas could probably make a difference too.
oil paint takes anywhere from 1 day if you add linseed or quick dry to 2 weeks to completely dry, different colors take different amounts of time to dry. for curing it takes fro 2 months to 6 months, and sometimes 1 year if the application is especially thick.

Layering is limited up to 9 layers of wet on wet. Unless you will get the "never dry" effect. Sticky for life.

There are several cleaners available for cleaning oil brushes, just have to be "religious" about keeping them clean. I have brushes that last me for years.

Volcano soap is your best bet to keep your hands clean, I have something similar, it's unorignially called artist''s soap, when it essentially a bar of volcano soap. coarse and grainy for getting the oil off your skin, You could also wear surgical gloves while you work.

When I paint with enamel paints to do my hydro-dipping it is absolutely necessary.
Ex: Hydro-dipping0

IMG-20171103-WA0002[1].jpg

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Times of drying vary.

Blues/Blacks fastest, Purple, Red, Oranges, Green, Yellows and then whites as the slowest.

24-36 hours average - 12 days.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I drew a lot in jail... I came up with better stuff than I thought id come up with, slightly surprising myself... however, it still sucked, so I didn't stick with it!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I doodle, do digital drawings and am thinking of making a painting. I don't have a whole lot of technique, just some REALLY basic stuff. I do enjoy it though, it makes me feel great when I draw something and it turns out quite nice. I do get annoyed though when I have something in mind and can't do it because I don't know how.

Also I don't do it as often as I'd like to, sometimes depression gets in the way, as in, it tells me to not bother doing anything, including things I enjoy. But anyway, here's something I did recently. Please excuse the photo, our printer/scanner is dead.

Jr8ZdAHl.jpg

Jr8ZdAH

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
you can solve your depression with art. It's the best time to do art. I did this to get through a depressive state, Enter the Void, 120 x 150 cm oil on canvas.

18920120_10154758163586553_273663701530907161_n.jpg

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I still have some major issues with my proportionality. Like I know I screwed up? But I was too lazy to fix the squishing of his face, the space from the edge of the eye to the wear is WAY too close. meh. (120 x 120 cm oil on canvas)

IMG-20161210-WA0011.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I drew a lot in jail... I came up with better stuff than I thought id come up with, slightly surprising myself... however, it still sucked, so I didn't stick with it!

Hm. Do you still draw? Probably something that you'd enjoy. And, of vourse, talking to Rfers (no pun) :p