• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

are there any RF meets and greets?

elmarna

I would like to know if there has been anyone who is interested in actualy meeting other members on this site!
While I have not the means to go far - I am willing to get together in Pennsylvania and meet you at the place we agree upon.
I find this a wonderful idea. Does anyone else think of this the same way???

elmarna

Anything is possible! Who knows...
Someone could be passing through Pennsylvania in the U.S.A.

Rakhel

I know there are quite a few posters in the New York City area. Harrisburg is really not that far from here. :D

elmarna

While New York state is rather large. I do not see me favoring New York City to have a reunion. Not only am I uncomfortable driving there. I have had a hard time in a big city atmosphere. If New York is the best chance in letting the "social Network" come to life. Then what would be a central location that all can have the oppertunity to participate?

Rakhel

No one said it had to be NYC. I was just saying there are a lot of posters from new york. there also happens to be a few posters in New Jersey as well. not to mention the eastern part of Canada.
If this were to happen here in the North East, I can't think of much that would prevent people from getting to any of the North Eastern states. Although, with the way the boarder patrols are acting it might be tough to get from one country to another without hassle.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I would like to know if there has been anyone who is interested in actualy meeting other members on this site!
While I have not the means to go far - I am willing to get together in Pennsylvania and meet you at the place we agree upon.
Some RF members have met up in real life.

I tried to make a meetup happen in Toronto when the Dead Sea Scrolls were in town, but I didn't have enough interest to make it happen.

Most of Pennsylvania isn't ridiculously far from me, so if some sort of event gets happening and it's on a date when I'm available, I might be up for it.

BTW - most of the meetup brainstorming usually happens here:

Conventions - Religious Education Forum

Circle_One

Some RF members have met up in real life.

I tried to make a meetup happen in Toronto when the Dead Sea Scrolls were in town, but I didn't have enough interest to make it happen.

Most of Pennsylvania isn't ridiculously far from me, so if some sort of event gets happening and it's on a date when I'm available, I might be up for it.

BTW - most of the meetup brainstorming usually happens here:

Conventions - Religious Education Forum

And you can swing by and pick ME up on the way!

Circle_One

I've met a couple of RFers over the years.

Basically here is how I fall on the subject:

I don't drive, and I'm not working at the moment, so I don't have the money to fly, but 9-10ths is awfully close to me, so I'll go anywhere he drives to, as long as he agrees to pick me up on the way, and let me choose the music :D

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
North Dakota is the center of North America, and it happens to be home of the best magician/illusionist on RF. So that could be ideal ;)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I've met a couple of RFers over the years.

Basically here is how I fall on the subject:

I don't drive, and I'm not working at the moment, so I don't have the money to fly, but 9-10ths is awfully close to me, so I'll go anywhere he drives to, as long as he agrees to pick me up on the way, and let me choose the music :D
Yeah, Montreal's totally along the way from Ontario to Pennsylvania or Iowa! :p

And you can pick the music... from what's on my iPod. ;)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
your only 3 hours away from my location in newjersey