• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there any insults that you like to be called?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Are there any insults that you actually enjoy being called? I personally have appreciated being called bat**** crazy, insane, nuts, or lunatic. I'm not offended being called a fool or imbecile usually either. But being called stupid and idiot , which essentially means the same thing, does offend me. I don't know why.

As a kid I grew up listening to music and living in environments where some of those insults were actually working to people's advantage or glorified by music or media.

Were you ever in a situation where an insulting word was actually a good thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nerd and/or geek is something my community has embraced and now used as self descriptors. Liberal and democrat or atheist or feminist has been spat like an insult towards me but again, they're words I embrace so they don't have the intended effect when used that way.

Axe Elf

Prophet
I always assume that any adjective or pronoun used to describe me is complimentary, so in that sense, I can't answer the question--I've never been insulted.

I can't imagine axually LIKING it if I was, however...

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Reminds me of a quote from Game of Thrones which happens after a fatherless man takes offense at being called a *******, from a character with dwarfism:
“All dwarves are ******** in their father’s eyes,” Tyrion tells him. “Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.”

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I told a guy recently that he was a good person. He said, no I'm not. I said, well at least you're honest. He said "I'm not honest.". He said it like my compliments were pissing him off.

So I gave up trying to say something nice. Some people do not like compliments.

SalixIncendium

Qur'an Reciting Transtheistic Mahdi Claimant
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been called eccentric/strange/weird/unusual.

I am eccentric, strange, unusual, and weird...

...so I wear it as a badge of honor.​

Cooky

Veteran Member
I told a guy recently that he was a good person. He said, no I'm not. I said, well at least you're honest. He said "I'm not honest.". He said it like my compliments were pissing him off.

So I gave up trying to say something nice. Some people do not like compliments.

Many people view goodness as a weakness. It's unfortunate.

...I even knew a person once who viewed sociopathic behavior (manipulation, deceit) as a sign of intelligence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Are there any insults that you actually enjoy being called? I personally have appreciated being called bat**** crazy, insane, nuts, or lunatic. I'm not offended being called a fool or imbecile usually either. But being called stupid and idiot , which essentially means the same thing, does offend me. I don't know why.

As a kid I grew up listening to music and living in environments where some of those insults were actually working to people's advantage or glorified by music or or media.

Were you ever in a situation where an insulting word was actually a good thing?

I actually really don't mind when somebody calls me a racist Nazi, cause if caring about blacks so much as wanting a separatist black state for those people where they are free from the oppression of white persons makes me a racist Nazi, then that's what I am.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
There are lots of things people who don't like me call me.

C'mon, I am a gay atheist ProLifer, and quite the conservative prude to boot. So conservative I strongly supported Hillary Clinton over that East coast progressive.

"Queer" is probably my favorite.
Tom

Cooky

Veteran Member
The only person who has the gall to call me a name is my wife when she gets mad. But when she does, her lips curl under and her teeth show, so that makes me laugh anyways... Which makes her even more angry.

...Oops. :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
being called queer wasn't too bad.Nor was being called a Fa**** or dy** too bad.I'm non-binary so I don't identify as male or female and a few people have tried to make fun of me for it.One person said what are you then an alien?I thought that was funny.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Oh and some people call me a prude because I'm asexual(that means I don't experience sexual attraction)and others say that I'm not human because of it.That didn't offend me..what did was when the same individual said he was going to try and fix me.I avoided him after that.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I do not get offended very easily. I cannot think of any given name I've been called that I enjoyed... wait a sec...

Hold the presses...

My dad used to call me "Harold" for years.... Harold is not my name, but he found one of my "Harold Hedd" comics when I was in my teens and he decided I was exactly like the lead character. LOL. Even my friends were confused when dad would wander by asking if they had seen Harold.

haroldhedd1-1stb.jpg

Harold is the blond fellow with the banjo. :)