• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are soul and spirit the same?What are they in bible context?

Eli G

For example, if the natural habitats of certain bacteria and microbes had not been disturbed, would those organisms have affected humans causing deseases to them? Or: if humans respected the natural and endemic diversity of each natural environment, would the flora and fauna in so many places have been affected? Or: if humans hadn't invented so much neglected technology, and used it for Machiavellian purposes, isn't it true that so many human misfortunes could have been avoided? Or: if human stewardship of natural resources had been fair, would there be so many people living with hunger and misery all over the world?

One thing is certain: as long as this world continues to create weapons and all kinds of technology against humans, the planet and life itself in its natural development, and its rulers continue to use evil to satisfy their selfish ends, they are going to become a fair means by which they will receive the very consequences of their ravings.

Rom. 1:28 Just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a disapproved mental state, to do the things not fitting. 29 And they were filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, and badness, being full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, and malice, being whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, schemers of what is harmful, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, false to agreements, having no natural affection, and merciless. 32 Although these know full well the righteous decree of God—that those practicing such things are deserving of death—they not only keep on doing them but also approve of those practicing them.

Why do you blame the One in whom you do not believe?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Isaiah 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Psalm 51:5

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Good Morning!

No, you didn't misunderstand me. Elohim/God is the Source of All Things including Confusion being Omni.

Remember Elohim/God Punishes Evildoers. Man/Woman are Evildoers from the Womb because of the Inheritance of Adam.

Elohim/God gives Choice to the Serve the Good Side of the Elohim/God or the Evil Side of Elohim/God. Confusion is one of Prices of Rebellion Against Elohim/God.
Hey, hope you’re doing well.

saiah 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Notice, it’s written in present tense.
So it does not say, God created evil. The context shows God was referring to Babylon, and could be applied to any of God’s enemies.

And keep in mind Deuteronomy 32:5, where it references “a crooked generation “… God says, “the defect is their own.”

Take care.

Eli G

God's justice can hurt some people; for example, those who break the law. When human justice condemns evil acts, it is from God that that judgment is executed, because God's arrangement for our times has allowed for the existence of human governments with a relative sense of justice, and thus just people are not completely unprotected.

Thus, judgment becomes good for the meek, and evil for the wicked.

Rom. 13:1 Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. 2 Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves. 3 For those rulers are an object of fear, not to the good deed, but to the bad. Do you want to be free of fear of the authority? Keep doing good, and you will have praise from it; 4 for it is God’s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear, for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword. It is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath against the one practicing what is bad.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
James 1:23

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Yes, the Water Baptism that Yeshua/Jesus had is the True/Real Baptism.

Astute readers of this thread would have noticed that you are Not answering any of my questions.

I assume you don't take Communion either.

@Soapy Based on your responses your Real Profile is the following:

1) You have Not been Water Baptised.
2) You don't take Communion.
3. You are having Recreational Sex and Eating anything you want.

Based on above alone you are Not a Christian and your Words are just Empty Talk Making False claims on your Avatar and Profile. Your are Not Practising the Christian Faith.
  1. What is the need for water baptism?
  2. I’m not Catholic nor Protestant
  3. Suppose I’m married? Suppose I’m diabetic and eat what is good for diabetics?
Does water baptism change a person?

Elihoenai

Hey, hope you’re doing well.

Notice, it’s written in present tense.
So it does not say, God created evil. The context shows God was referring to Babylon, and could be applied to any of God’s enemies.

And keep in mind Deuteronomy 32:5, where it references “a crooked generation “… God says, “the defect is their own.”

Take care.
Ephesians 4:6

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Therefore, the Elohim/God you Believe in is Not Omni. You are seeing the Omni Elohim/God in a Limited Way.

Omnipotence

Omnipotence is the quality of having unlimited power. Monotheistic religions generally attribute omnipotence only to the deity of their faith. In the monotheistic religious philosophy of Abrahamic religions, omnipotence is often listed as one of a deity's characteristics, along with omniscience, omnipresence, and omnibenevolence. The presence of all these properties in a single entity has given rise to considerable theological debate, prominently including the problem of evil, the question of why such a deity would permit the existence of evil. It is accepted in philosophy and science that omnipotence can never be effectively understood.

The Devil/Satan is Elohim/God in its Lowest Form. It's Impossible for anything to exist outside of Elohim/God. Everything that Exists is Elohim/God.

Elihoenai

3. Suppose I’m married? Suppose I’m diabetic and eat what is good for diabetics?
Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

It can change a person from a Temporal Perspective with Real Intentionality and Commitment in the Person at the time of their Water Baptism. For example, if a person is Addicted to Drugs or Alcohol Real Water Baptism Leads to Deliverance from the Addiction. Water Baptism is Required Christian Confirmation for the Earthly Church Married to the Earthly Yeshua/Jesus. Given that you have a Literal Interpretation of the Holy Scriptures/Bible why are you not following in Yeshua's/Jesus's Earthly foot steps and get Water Baptised?

Here are some thoughts in video clip why Water Baptism is Critically Important:

Why Is Baptism Important?

Elohim/God has given Yeshua/Jesus All Power in Heaven and in Earth.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Ephesians 4:6

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Therefore, the Elohim/God you Believe in is Not Omni. You are seeing the Omni Elohim/God in a Limited Way.

Omnipotence

Omnipotence is the quality of having unlimited power. Monotheistic religions generally attribute omnipotence only to the deity of their faith. In the monotheistic religious philosophy of Abrahamic religions, omnipotence is often listed as one of a deity's characteristics, along with omniscience, omnipresence, and omnibenevolence. The presence of all these properties in a single entity has given rise to considerable theological debate, prominently including the problem of evil, the question of why such a deity would permit the existence of evil. It is accepted in philosophy and science that omnipotence can never be effectively understood.

The Devil/Satan is Elohim/God in its Lowest Form. It's Impossible for anything to exist outside of Elohim/God. Everything that Exists is Elohim/God.
Deuteronomy 32:5… they are not from God, “the defect is their own.”

Do you think atheists are somehow a form of God? That would be silly.

1 John 2:15-17
James 4:4

Elihoenai

Deuteronomy 32:5… they are not from God, “the defect is their own.”

Do you think atheists are somehow a form of God? That would be silly.

1 John 2:15-17
James 4:4
Isaiah 45:7

Yes, Heathen Atheists are Elohim/God and Created by Elohim/God. Heathen Atheists Practice the Religion of Satanism. Unbelief in Elohim/God is Satanism.

It appears silly to you because you have Not Learnt that Elohim/God is Omni. Your are teaching that Elohim/God cannot be Evil. If Elohim/God cannot be Evil that means Elohim/God is Not Omni. To Believe and Teach that Elohim/God is Not Omni is Blasphemy.

Elohim/God is Good and Evil. Good Disciples Overcome the World while Evil Disciples Rule the World and Cherish the World.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

On questions raised in point number 3:

1) Suppose I'm married?

Answer: Recreational Sex means sex without the intention to procreate. For example, if a Condom or the Pill is used this is Recreational Sex.

2) Suppose I’m diabetic and eat what is good for diabetics?

The Real Yeshua/Jesus Heals Diseases. For you to find the Real Yeshua/Jesus you Must do the Real Water Baptism that Yeshua/Jesus does. Some Christians are more Devoted than others on Water Baptism going to the Jordan River to get Water Baptised:

Witness the Amazing Transformation at a Jordan River Baptism!

Soapy

Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

It can change a person from a Temporal Perspective with Real Intentionality and Commitment in the Person at the time of their Water Baptism. For example, if a person is Addicted to Drugs or Alcohol Real Water Baptism Leads to Deliverance from the Addiction. Water Baptism is Required Christian Confirmation for the Earthly Church Married to the Earthly Yeshua/Jesus. Given that you have a Literal Interpretation of the Holy Scriptures/Bible why are you not following in Yeshua's/Jesus's Earthly foot steps and get Water Baptised?

Here are some thoughts in video clip why Water Baptism is Critically Important:

Why Is Baptism Important?

Elohim/God has given Yeshua/Jesus All Power in Heaven and in Earth.
Water baptism did not give Jesus power and authority… it was the baptism with the Spirit of God that gave him those things just as the Apostles were granted power and authority when they were anointed (Baptised) with the Spirit of God at Pentecost.

Were the Apostles baptised with water and thus gained power and authority?

Soapy

On questions raised in point number 3:

1) Suppose I'm married?

Answer: Recreational Sex means sex without the intention to procreate. For example, if a Condom or the Pill is used this is Recreational Sex.

2) Suppose I’m diabetic and eat what is good for diabetics?

The Real Yeshua/Jesus Heals Diseases. For you to find the Real Yeshua/Jesus you Must do the Real Water Baptism that Yeshua/Jesus does. Some Christians are more Devoted than others on Water Baptism going to the Jordan River to get Water Baptised:

Witness the Amazing Transformation at a Jordan River Baptism!
Are you for real?

If I’m married then sex with my partner is not ‘recreational’ as you set it out. We are told that we can ‘Enjoy the wife of our youth’ …

What are you??!!!

Elihoenai

Water baptism did not give Jesus power and authority… it was the baptism with the Spirit of God that gave him those things just as the Apostles were granted power and authority when they were anointed (Baptised) with the Spirit of God at Pentecost.

Were the Apostles baptised with water and thus gained power and authority?
1 Corinthians 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You will never Really Understand with an Analytical Brain. An Analytical Brain should be Reserved for IT only. I work in IT Applied Science myself.

An Oxbridge or Harvard Degree doesn't help in any way to Understand the Holy Scriptures/Bible. In Fact, an Oxbridge or Harvard Degree makes you Deaf and Blind to the Truths contained in the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

Elihoenai

Are you for real?

If I’m married then sex with my partner is not ‘recreational’ as you set it out. We are told that we can ‘Enjoy the wife of our youth’ …

What are you??!!!
1 Corinthians 7:1

7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

Yes, I Am For Real. I Am Celibate. Giants of the Christian Faith Yeshua/Jesus, John the Baptist and Paul the Apostle are Celibate.

My position on Sex:
If you can bear to have Sex, it Must be between mature Married Man and Woman for Procreation Purposes Only.

Last edited:

Soapy

1 Corinthians 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You will never Really Understand with an Analytical Brain. An Analytical Brain should be Reserved for IT only. I work in IT Applied Science myself.

An Oxbridge or Harvard Degree doesn't help in any way to Understand the Holy Scriptures/Bible. In Fact, an Oxbridge or Harvard Degree makes you Deaf and Blind to the Truths contained in the Holy Scriptures/Bible.
That is true… Spiritual matters are not understood by the fleshly mind. I have preached the same many times.

Soapy

1 Corinthians 7:1

7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

Yes, I Am For Real. I Am Celibate. Giants of the Christian Faith Yeshua/Jesus, John the Baptist and Paul the Apostle are Celibate.

My position on Sex:
If you can bear to have Sex, it Must be between mature Married Man and Woman for Procreation Purposes Only.
You are preaching from a wrongful stance to me.

You lost the argument so you are drawing me into stormy waters hoping to drown me! No!!

IT IS good for a man not to touch a woman UNLESS he is married to her … ‘the two become one’.

Are you advocating that a man should not touch his wife sexually except he desires to procreate??

Muffled

Jesus in me
So you don’t think you need to heed the warning Jesus Christ set before us:
  • ‘I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.’ (Rev 22:18)
I believe I just finished saying that it hasn't happened and I do not expect it to happen. As for the warning it is for the book of Revelation because altering a prophecy makes it more likely people will not know what is coming.

Muffled

Jesus in me
1 Corinthians 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

How do you Interpret 1 Corinthians 15:45? Do you accept this Holy Scripture Verse?
I believe I accept all verses that were in the original text.

I believe it is a reference to the fact that Jesus becomes the Paraclete as well as inhabiting His "Spirit" body. I Cor. 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body

Soapy

I believe I just finished saying that it hasn't happened and I do not expect it to happen. As for the warning it is for the book of Revelation because altering a prophecy makes it more likely people will not know what is coming.
It sounds like you are one who would uphold the alterations - really… What reason could anyone have for not heeding warnings that somethings could be not as they were written not intended…

Vehicle manufacturers manual:
  • WARNING!!! This vehicle uses only Deisel - Do not put Petrol in it. Do not use anything but this manufacturers manual - other manuals may contain errors which could be highly detrimental!!
The manual is lost but an alternative manual somehow came to light - which reads:
  • WARNING!!! This vehicle uses Petrol - Do not put other fuel in it. Do not use anything but this manual - other manuals may contain errors which could be highly detrimental!!
You are saying to do not see anything wrong in the second (non-Manufactuers) manual?

Even when you notice that the n-M’s manual says to use Petrol but the nozzle is clearly a fitting for a Diesel nozzle?!!! You force-fit the nozzle and wonder why the engine starts smoking????? And the repair bill is more than your monthly salary!!!!

!!! - HEED THE WARNING - !!!

Elihoenai

That is true… Spiritual matters are not understood by the fleshly mind. I have preached the same many times.
Yet you, @Soapy, are the same as Billions of Christians in Christendom making False Claims of having the Holy Spirit while being Led by Carnality. Having Recreational Sex and Eating anything you want is Carnality. Calling a Cat a Dog and Dog a Cat doesn't make it True.

You are Not even a Christian given the following:

1) You have not been Water Baptised and believe that Water Baptism is unimportant.
2) You are Not taking Communion.
3) You are having Recreational Sex and Eating anything you want.
4) You have a Literal Interpretation of the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

Literal Interpretation of the Holy Scriptures/Bible is for Elohim's/God's Temporal Church and you are Not practicing this, therefore you are Really Not a Christian. To be a Christian you must practice the Christian Faith.

Elihoenai

You are preaching from a wrongful stance to me.

You lost the argument so you are drawing me into stormy waters hoping to drown me! No!!

IT IS good for a man not to touch a woman UNLESS he is married to her … ‘the two become one’.

Are you advocating that a man should not touch his wife sexually except he desires to procreate??
It appears wrong to you and Billons of others because of Natural Carnal Desire. Having Sex is Carnality. Do you understand and agree that having Sex is Carnality?

I Repeat: Sex Is For Procreation Purposes Only
If you can bear to have Sex, it should be a mechanical operation akin to impregnation through a test tube.

Is the above clear enough for everybody?

Last edited: