• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are soul and spirit the same?What are they in bible context?

Elihoenai

Being dipped in water makes you ‘Reborn’????

There are millions who get ‘dipped in water’ or just have some water trickled on their head who are then claimed to be ‘Reborn’… even babe in arms who have no knowledge of what us going on… How are they consciously ‘making a symbolic pledge’?

Water baptism of Jesus was SYMBOLIC… GOD BAPTISED Jesus immediately afterward with the TRUE SPIRIT - the true baptism.
Are you saying that you have Not been Water Baptised? Yeshua/Jesus was Water Baptised and teaches that we must be Water Baptised. Why are you promoting the the teaching of Yeshua/Jesus on Water Baptism as insignificant? Everything that Yeshua/Jesus does and teaches is of Critical Importance.

Elihoenai

Parting the Red Sea has nothing to do with this discussion. The topic at present was how are you saying that man is three parts because God is three parts but yet cannot justify HOW those three parts are attributed:
  • Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
to:
  • Soul, Spirit, and Body
Please, I want to be understanding like what happens to the Soul when:
  • the body decays to dust and
  • the spirit goes up to rest in ‘spiritual sleep’ with God.
Yes it does. Do you Interpret everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible as Literal? It appears you have a Literal Interpretation of Holy Scriptures/Bible. I'm not arguing against the Literal Interpretation, as this is for members of Elohim's/God's Earthly Universal Roman Catholic Church. If you are consistent with the Literal you will believe, for example, that the Ten Plagues of Egypt literally happened.

Elohim/God teaches Esoteric and Exoteric knowledge in the Holy Scriptures/Bible. To get Real Understanding of Flesh, Soul and Spirit Elohim/God has to make you Discover the Esoteric.

Biblical literalism

Biblical literalism or biblicism is a term used differently by different authors concerning biblical interpretation. It can equate to the dictionary definition of literalism: "adherence to the exact letter or the literal sense",[1] where literal means "in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strict meaning of the word or words; not figurative or metaphorical"

Last edited:

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Are you saying that you have Not been Water Baptised? Yeshua/Jesus was Water Baptised and teaches that we must be Water Baptised. Why are you promoting the the teaching of Yeshua/Jesus on Water Baptism as insignificant? Everything that Yeshua/Jesus does and teaches is of Critical Importance.
Are you sure that simply being dipped in water makes you saved? There are thousands who are dipped in water every years but are nothing like Christians in their lives. It is the HOLY SPIRIT baptism that is the real deal…

Anyone baptised with the holy Spirit does not continue their daily lives UNCHANGED!!

Water baptism DOES NOT CHANGE ANYONE!
Water baptism is merely symbolic in the way that the yearly sacrifice for sin was only symbolic - only Jesus’ true sacrifice was the real deal!!

Soapy

Yes it does. Do you Interpret everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible as Literal? It appears you have a Literal Interpretation of Holy Scriptures/Bible. I'm not arguing against the Literal Interpretation, as this is for members of Elohim's/God's Earthly Universal Roman Catholic Church. If you are consistent with the Literal you will believe, for example, that the Ten Plagues of Egypt literally happened.

Elohim/God teaches Esoteric and Exoteric knowledge in the Holy Scriptures/Bible. To get Real Understanding of Flesh, Soul and Spirit Elohim/God has to make you Discover the Esoteric.

Biblical literalism

Biblical literalism or biblicism is a term used differently by different authors concerning biblical interpretation. It can equate to the dictionary definition of literalism: "adherence to the exact letter or the literal sense",[1] where literal means "in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strict meaning of the word or words; not figurative or metaphorical"

Please just answer the question. It seems you are trying to be elusive about it - anything wrong?

The topic at present was how are you saying that man is three parts because God is three parts but yet cannot justify HOW those three parts are attributed:
to:
  • Soul, Spirit, and Body
  • the spirit goes up to rest in ‘spiritual sleep’ with God

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you have missed some things. People in ancient times didn't have the word 'Psychology', but they had concepts about psychology. For example they didn't have the word 'Idea', so they might have used soul for that. We speak knowledge with our breath. A parent passes on knowledge to the child. The breath or the air somehow carries knowledge. It comes from the mouth, into the air, then into the ears. People in the biblical writings also didn't know that thinking happened in the brain. They generally didn't understand much about physiology of the body. They presumed feelings were in the bowels and that thinking was in the heart. For this reason it is presumptuous to say that 'Soul' can only refer to "People animals or the life that a person has."

Soapy

I think you have missed some things. People in ancient times didn't have the word 'Psychology', but they had concepts about psychology. For example they didn't have the word 'Idea', so they might have used soul for that. We speak knowledge with our breath. A parent passes on knowledge to the child. The breath or the air somehow carries knowledge. It comes from the mouth, into the air, then into the ears. People in the biblical writings also didn't know that thinking happened in the brain. They generally didn't understand much about physiology of the body. They presumed feelings were in the bowels and that thinking was in the heart. For this reason it is presumptuous to say that 'Soul' can only refer to "People animals or the life that a person has."
I would agree with what you said.

Let’s just talk ‘Human’ Souls…:
  • ‘Eight Souls were saved from the waters of the flood’ in the days of Noah.
  • ‘Eight Persons (People) were saved from the waters of the flood’ in the days of Noah.’
The Hebrew word ‘Nephesh’ was translated as ‘Soul’…

By the time of the Greeks in the New Testament, the word used was ….

By the time of Latin the translated word was ‘Persona’ (around 1100 AD), which was later simplified to ‘Person’ and seems as though it (or in such little usage so as to be …) only applied to humanity.

‘Soul’ is rarely used except in a emotive sense or in religious sense because we use the word ‘Person’, today.

Some of the misunderstanding about ‘Soul’ and ‘Person’ comes from those who have no knowledge of the history or the ‘Etymology’ … and just want to promote a certain wrongful belief (… that ‘Soul’ is a third part of a PERSON!!!???!!) which makes no sense considering that:
  • God made a body of the person named ‘Adam’
  • God out a spirit into the body of the person called Adam
  • The person of Adam became a living person (a living soul)

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Some of the misunderstanding about ‘Soul’ and ‘Person’ comes from those who have no knowledge of the history or the ‘Etymology’ … and just want to promote a certain wrongful belief (… that ‘Soul’ is a third part of a PERSON!!!???!!) which makes no sense considering that:
As you know I am not terrible concerned if someone has a wrong understanding. Being wrong is like being a bruised reed or having bad breath. I have seen cruelty from very knowledgeable people. I have met very knowledgeable and well meaning people who were unable to introspect very well. I have met people who were terrific and had all kinds of silly ideas about scripture, too.

Let’s just talk ‘Human’ Souls…:
  • ‘Eight Souls were saved from the waters of the flood’ in the days of Noah.
  • ‘Eight Persons (People) were saved from the waters of the flood’ in the days of Noah.’
The Hebrew word ‘Nephesh’ was translated as ‘Soul’…

By the time of the Greeks in the New Testament, the word used was ….

By the time of Latin the translated word was ‘Persona’ (around 1100 AD), which was later simplified to ‘Person’ and seems as though it (or in such little usage so as to be …) only applied to humanity.

‘Soul’ is rarely used except in a emotive sense or in religious sense because we use the word ‘Person’, today.

• God made a body of the person named ‘Adam’
  • God out a spirit into the body of the person called Adam
  • The person of Adam became a living person (a living soul)
That sounds apt, and there certainly are people who like to promote wrongful beliefs. As for me I occasionally like to surprise people or tell jokes, but I am not so driven as to trip weak people up. I wish to be accepted and recognize the need to forgive the errant thoughts of others. I don't want to write things that hurt people.

Now we come to terms like 'Soul'. Every creature is animated by air. We must have it. When it exits we begin turning back into clay; so it has two important functions: animation and thought. In modern times we know more about this, but in ancient times people know the air is required. When in the story Cain slays his brother the LORD says "Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground." It is blood communicating, which suggests something about what blood might mean in the mind of the writers. Blood still holds Abel's last words: his death cry; so it seems he was unable to utter his final cry -- probably strangled. Not only blood but the serpent speaks, too. It speaks through the air, until its punishment makes it lower, closer to the ground. It can longer speak. It must live in holes, unlike we who walk upright with our heads furthest from the clay. Perhaps the serpent loses much of its intelligence when it loses its legs. Perhaps it now has a much smaller soul.

Here is a thought about creation: The creation of Israel is the same as that of the dry ground as the waters are separated from the waters, and their midst begins to float fertile ground. Out of this clay is formed the body of a man who will be named 'Red' (Adam/Edom). Into Adam's body flows a breath, which animates him. The body which was once red clay has dark blood which becomes red when exposed to air. The breath is kept in this liquid which is pumped by the heart, the center of thought; and it is the breath in the blood keeping the body animated. When that breath leaves, the body returns to clay again. As Israel is created by the breath, it is destroyed if the breath leaves. This suggests that the breath is the law; and the inclusion of Genesis in the Pentateuch also suggests this. It suggests to me that the creation story is about Israel rather than about our planet.

Soapy

As you know I am not terrible concerned if someone has a wrong understanding. Being wrong is like being a bruised reed or having bad breath. I have seen cruelty from very knowledgeable people. I have met very knowledgeable and well meaning people who were unable to introspect very well. I have met people who were terrific and had all kinds of silly ideas about scripture, too.

That sounds apt, and there certainly are people who like to promote wrongful beliefs. As for me I occasionally like to surprise people or tell jokes, but I am not so driven as to trip weak people up. I wish to be accepted and recognize the need to forgive the errant thoughts of others. I don't want to write things that hurt people.

Now we come to terms like 'Soul'. Every creature is animated by air. We must have it. When it exits we begin turning back into clay; so it has two important functions: animation and thought. In modern times we know more about this, but in ancient times people know the air is required. When in the story Cain slays his brother the LORD says "Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground." It is blood communicating, which suggests something about what blood might mean in the mind of the writers. Blood still holds Abel's last words: his death cry; so it seems he was unable to utter his final cry -- probably strangled. Not only blood but the serpent speaks, too. It speaks through the air, until its punishment makes it lower, closer to the ground. It can longer speak. It must live in holes, unlike we who walk upright with our heads furthest from the clay. Perhaps the serpent loses much of its intelligence when it loses its legs. Perhaps it now has a much smaller soul.

Here is a thought about creation: The creation of Israel is the same as that of the dry ground as the waters are separated from the waters, and their midst begins to float fertile ground. Out of this clay is formed the body of a man who will be named 'Red' (Adam/Edom). Into Adam's body flows a breath, which animates him. The body which was once red clay has dark blood which becomes red when exposed to air. The breath is kept in this liquid which is pumped by the heart, the center of thought; and it is the breath in the blood keeping the body animated. When that breath leaves, the body returns to clay again. As Israel is created by the breath, it is destroyed if the breath leaves. This suggests that the breath is the law; and the inclusion of Genesis in the Pentateuch also suggests this. It suggests to me that the creation story is about Israel rather than about our planet.
The ‘Breathe’ that you speak of is better known as ‘The Spirit’…

‘Spirit’ is like wind, in that it cannot be seen but its effects are notable. ‘Breathe’ (Spirit) animated the inactive body of clay. God is the ‘Creator of Spirits’ and puts that Spirit into an inactive egg of a woman to start the process of creation of a baby. The enlivening of the egg is by means of the siren which is active… carrying the spirit that God puts into every sperm of which only one can activate the egg.

Yes, when the body dies by being killed or by accident or by old age, the spirit goes back to rest with God - who gave it. The body decays back to dust.

The Soul, being comprised of ‘Spirit and Body’ cannot die or he killed because the Spirit is immortal and thus a Soul always exist as a dormant Spirit resting with God at death in the body.

But if the spirit is DESTROYED… and only GOD can destroy the spirit that he created… then the SOUL is destroyed…. Obviously since any remaining body would decay to dust as well!

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
The ‘Breathe’ that you speak of is better known as ‘The Spirit’…

‘Spirit’ is like wind, in that it cannot be seen but its effects are notable. ‘Breathe’ (Spirit) animated the inactive body of clay. God is the ‘Creator of Spirits’ and puts that Spirit into an inactive egg of a woman to start the process of creation of a baby. The enlivening of the egg is by means of the siren which is active… carrying the spirit that God puts into every sperm of which only one can activate the egg.

Yes, when the body dies by being killed or by accident or by old age, the spirit goes back to rest with God - who gave it. The body decays back to dust.

The Soul, being comprised of ‘Spirit and Body’ cannot die or he killed because the Spirit is immortal and thus a Soul always exist as a dormant Spirit resting with God at death in the body.

But if the spirit is DESTROYED… and only GOD can destroy the spirit that he created… then the SOUL is destroyed…. Obviously since any remaining body would decay to dust as well!
What I believe (currently) is that the resurrection is not individual, and I currently believe that we continue to exist in time here in the past. For example I believe you and I are already dead from the perspective of people in the future; yet we are alive here to ourselves. Time is not something which limits God but us it does, so I do not believe we die from God's perspective but only from an individual perspective. Then the difficulty of understanding Jesus words about resurrection gives rise to beliefs about an eternal spirit for each of us. He talks about repenting and calls it resurrection, and we mistake his words as a belief that each of us will return alive as individuals. I do not think this is his intention but is our own fault (or was my fault) for ignoring the nature of resurrection in previous scriptures. So I believe the resurrection is not about me and that denying myself is part of believing in the resurrection. I accept this as my place in time, and the future is not mine.

Elihoenai

Are you sure that simply being dipped in water makes you saved? There are thousands who are dipped in water every years but are nothing like Christians in their lives. It is the HOLY SPIRIT baptism that is the real deal…

Anyone baptised with the holy Spirit does not continue their daily lives UNCHANGED!!

Water baptism DOES NOT CHANGE ANYONE!
Water baptism is merely symbolic in the way that the yearly sacrifice for sin was only symbolic - only Jesus’ true sacrifice was the real deal!!
Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

You made some critically important and good points here. Water Baptism is not Intended to Change anyone. Earthly Christianity in Yeshua/Jesus is All About Cherishing and Maintaining the Body. From a Spiritual Perspective, the 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom are Not Really Saved.

How has your life been transformed by the Holy Spirit? There are Billions of Christians claiming to have the Holy Spirit while having Recreational Sex and Eating anything they want. Calling a Cat a Dog and a Dog a Cat doesn't make it True. Are you having Recreation Sex and Eating anything you want?

Yeshua/Jesus Being Water Baptised is the Real Deal. Everything that Yeshua/Jesus does is the Real Deal.

Elihoenai

Please just answer the question. It seems you are trying to be elusive about it - anything wrong?

The topic at present was how are you saying that man is three parts because God is three parts but yet cannot justify HOW those three parts are attributed:
to:
  • Soul, Spirit, and Body
  • the spirit goes up to rest in ‘spiritual sleep’ with God
Job 19:26

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

It can be Elusiveness to you. I only post what Elohim/God tells me to. Only posted Exoteric Knowledge on a Public Forum.

Remember the Subject of this thread is asking whether the Soul and Spirit are the same and what is the Soul and Spirit in the context of the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

To find out what you are asking you Must Sincerely ask Elohim/God for the answers. Those questions cannot be Resolved Externally by others.

Yes, Elohim/God is Flesh, Soul, Spirit. For you, @Soapy, to Deny this is the Blasphemy that Elohim/God is Not Omni. Elohim/God is Omni Being Everything that Exists.

Last edited:

Soapy

What I believe (currently) is that the resurrection is not individual, and I currently believe that we continue to exist in time here in the past. For example I believe you and I are already dead from the perspective of people in the future; yet we are alive here to ourselves. Time is not something which limits God but us it does, so I do not believe we die from God's perspective but only from an individual perspective. Then the difficulty of understanding Jesus words about resurrection gives rise to beliefs about an eternal spirit for each of us. He talks about repenting and calls it resurrection, and we mistake his words as a belief that each of us will return alive as individuals. I do not think this is his intention but is our own fault (or was my fault) for ignoring the nature of resurrection in previous scriptures. So I believe the resurrection is not about me and that denying myself is part of believing in the resurrection. I accept this as my place in time, and the future is not mine.
I’m glad you said, ‘…. I believe…. ‘.

Soapy

Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

You made some critically important and good points here. Water Baptism is not Intended to Change anyone. Earthly Christianity in Yeshua/Jesus is All About Cherishing and Maintaining the Body. From a Spiritual Perspective, the 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom are Not Really Saved.

How has your life been transformed by the Holy Spirit? There are Billions of Christians claiming to have the Holy Spirit while having Recreational Sex and Eating anything they want. Calling a Cat a Dog and a Dog a Cat doesn't make it True. Are you having Recreation Sex and Eating anything you want?

Yeshua/Jesus Being Water Baptised is the Real Deal. Everything that Yeshua/Jesus does is the Real Deal.
John the Baptist:
  • “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” (Matt 3:11)
  • “As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.” (Matt 3:16…. The true Baptism!!)
And what of this:
  • “People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.” (Matt 3:5-6)
How many of those people had their lives changed after confessing their sins and were baptised by John the Baptist, in that they were among the many who ‘Followed Christ Jesus as disciples…’? Something that would have occurred if they had been TRULY BAPTISED… or.. did they only ‘Make a promise’ by the water baptism in lieu of the Holy Spirit baptism?… like the yearly sacrifice was just a promise and reminder of the true sacrifice in Christ Jesus that was to come for them…. Look at the parallels

Last edited:
Sure the use of soul doesnt only apply to people, animals, or the life of a person because the use of the word has changes. For example some believe the soul is some ghostly essance that leaves the body at death.

My point was what the bible uses soul and spirit to mean. It is important when discovering true bible understanding.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Sure the use of soul doesnt only apply to people, animals, or the life of a person because the use of the word has changes. For example some believe the soul is some ghostly essance that leaves the body at death.

My point was what the bible uses soul and spirit to mean. It is important when discovering true bible understanding.
This is where biblical debates loses its potency, because to answer some questions requires archeology or at least cultural archeology. We can impose various definitions onto things, but there are a lot of definitions left unexplained. Do you know that at one point, before year zero there were almost no rabbis left? They were almost entirely killed, taking much knowledge to the grave with them. According to their history a single rabbi was left of all those massacred. So much information was lost, that everyone has been puzzling it back together again ever since. And here we are discussing rings of terms and trying to work out the definitions like a Sudoku puzzle. Trouble is: there are too many solutions. I need pictures, places, items to look at. I need to know why East matters, why there are pomegranates in the design of the tabernacle, and why are there bells, and why are there multiple layers, and why must they be made of this and of that. I need to go back in time; but I can't.

There is a game called Minesweeper which illustrates the problem with logical elimination. Eventually you have to make a guess and try things out.

This is where biblical debates loses its potency, because to answer some questions requires archeology or at least cultural archeology. We can impose various definitions onto things, but there are a lot of definitions left unexplained. Do you know that at one point, before year zero there were almost no rabbis left? They were almost entirely killed, taking much knowledge to the grave with them. According to their history a single rabbi was left of all those massacred. So much information was lost, that everyone has been puzzling it back together again ever since. And here we are discussing rings of terms and trying to work out the definitions like a Sudoku puzzle. Trouble is: there are too many solutions. I need pictures, places, items to look at. I need to know why East matters, why there are pomegranates in the design of the tabernacle, and why are there bells, and why are there multiple layers, and why must they be made of this and of that. I need to go back in time; but I can't.

There is a game called Minesweeper which illustrates the problem with logical elimination. Eventually you have to make a guess and try things out.
Soul and spirit dont need research outside of the scriptures. They are used so many times that the meanings are there if one cares to look.

The problem is some want it to mean what they want instead of what it says.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Ephesians 4:6

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

The True Elohim/God is Not Limited in any way.
I agree with this!
Elohim/God Manifests as Single Being to one group, as Trinity to Another and as a Pantheon to others. Elohim/God Manifests in different ways to different people.
This understanding would seem to make God the source of this confusion we see everywhere! So I don’t agree with this. (Did I misunderstand you?)

While people can be a source of their own differences / confusions, being predisposed to certain beliefs either through influences of other people or their own desires, the greatest source of influence is the one described as the “god of this world / system of things”, also described as “misleading the entire inhabited Earth”: the Devil. — 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:9; cf.1 John 5:19; John 12:31; Luke 4:5,6.

Good night.

Elihoenai

John the Baptist:
  • “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” (Matt 3:11)
  • “As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.” (Matt 3:16…. The true Baptism!!)
And what of this:
  • “People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.” (Matt 3:5-6)
How many of those people had their lives changed after confessing their sins and were baptised by John the Baptist, in that they were among the many who ‘Followed Christ Jesus as disciples…’? Something that would have occurred if they had been TRULY BAPTISED… or.. did they only ‘Make a promise’ by the water baptism in lieu of the Holy Spirit baptism?… like the yearly sacrifice was just a promise and reminder of the true sacrifice in Christ Jesus that was to come for them…. Look at the parallels
James 1:23

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

Yes, the Water Baptism that Yeshua/Jesus had is the True/Real Baptism.

Astute readers of this thread would have noticed that you are Not answering any of my questions.

I assume you don't take Communion either.

@Soapy Based on your responses your Real Profile is the following:

1) You have Not been Water Baptised.
2) You don't take Communion.
3. You are having Recreational Sex and Eating anything you want.

Based on above alone you are Not a Christian and your Words are just Empty Talk Making False claims on your Avatar and Profile. Your are Not Practising the Christian Faith.

Elihoenai

This understanding would seem to make God the source of this confusion we see everywhere! So I don’t agree with this. (Did I misunderstand you?)

While people can be a source of their own differences / confusions, being predisposed to certain beliefs either through influences of other people or their own desires, the greatest source of influence is the one described as the “god of this world / system of things”, also described as “misleading the entire inhabited Earth”: the Devil. — 2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:9; cf.1 John 5:19; John 12:31; Luke 4:5,6.

Good night.
Isaiah 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Psalm 51:5

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Good Morning!

No, you didn't misunderstand me. Elohim/God is the Source of All Things including Confusion being Omni.

Remember Elohim/God Punishes Evildoers. Man/Woman are Evildoers from the Womb because of the Inheritance of Adam.

Elohim/God gives Choice to the Serve the Good Side of the Elohim/God or the Evil Side of Elohim/God. Confusion is one of Prices of Rebellion Against Elohim/God.

Eli G

The Bible teaches that God is not the cause of human suffering.

James 1:13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.

Although some natural events necessary for the restoration of nature may result in human misfortunes, under the guidance and direction of God over humanity in general, none of these events would cause suffering for humans.

However, the world is not under God's total protection at this time, so humans cannot make the Creator they turned away from responsible for their own suffering.

Who is the one to blame?

1 John 5:19 We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.