• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Other People Your Business?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Its seldom that I roll out a thread in the debate section, but I guess I feel lucky today...

Lets say you're square with your belief system. I don't care what it is; secular humanism, Asatru, the LDS Church, Shia Islam. What you believe isn't relevant, other than you're in line with your beliefs, and are content with your behavior within that structure.

But, the guy next to you isn't in line with your beliefs. He isn't bothering you(or anyone else) at all; no, he may not even be real concerned with you in the least, but you know for a fact that he does things your worldview condemns.

Do you feel compelled to bring him to your side? Remember, he isn't trying to bother you(or anyone else), but will it nag at you that perhaps you feel he's doing something 'wrong'? Will it tug at your heart to think he's missing out on something? Or do you honestly believe none of its your business, and you smile and wave as you pass?

Nope, I wouldn't care.
But I'ld still be interested in the beliefs.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge not quite sure what you meant with the "optimistic" rating.

I think its positive that you don't care about the beliefs of others, but are still interested. If many people held this view, I think it would be optimistic(or positive) for society.

I often communicate through frubals. There's not always the exact one I want, so I sometimes have to make do with what's given.

tom foolery

Its seldom that I roll out a thread in the debate section, but I guess I feel lucky today...

Lets say you're square with your belief system. I don't care what it is; secular humanism, Asatru, the LDS Church, Shia Islam. What you believe isn't relevant, other than you're in line with your beliefs, and are content with your behavior within that structure.

But, the guy next to you isn't in line with your beliefs. He isn't bothering you(or anyone else) at all; no, he may not even be real concerned with you in the least, but you know for a fact that he does things your worldview condemns.

Do you feel compelled to bring him to your side? Remember, he isn't trying to bother you(or anyone else), but will it nag at you that perhaps you feel he's doing something 'wrong'? Will it tug at your heart to think he's missing out on something? Or do you honestly believe none of its your business, and you smile and wave as you pass?
it is rare that i feel compelled to answer a question like this, but this subject is one that resonates with me. it is absolutely fine to share your view with someone. it is absolutely not to try to force someone to believe the same thing you do. it has been one of the main reasons for people killing people in the last few thousand years. but we still do it.

Fallen Prophet

Often when I pray, I ask God for guidance - how I could best be an instrument in His hands - and there are times when certain people come into my mind - along with messages to convey to them.

So - it is my opinion - unless I am convinced that God is asking me to share His messages with others - I'm not going to bother anyone.

Unless - of course - they come to me for information, help or advice - which does happen.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

If you believe you have the truth, why would you not try to share it?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
If you believe you have the truth, why would you not try to share it?

Personally speaking, I've found that others don't often care about what I find true. I feel like I waste my breath. I'll tell them if they want to know, but I don't usually solicit my views do to that.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Personally speaking, I've found that others don't often care about what I find true. I feel like I waste my breath. I'll tell them if they want to know, but I don't usually solicit my views do to that.
Even if they appear not to care it may plant to seed, and when they are really desperate they may accept God.