• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are meat and bhaang disallowed in Dharmic religion?

ronki23

Buddha was a deceptive incarnation of Vishnu to attract Atheists and misguided Brahmins and to control incessant animal slaughter.

Why would Kalki battle Buddhists? The answer is simple. Because they challenge the authority of Veda. And if Kalki wants to establish Vedic religion in Satya Yuga as it's always been like that, he has to put an end to Buddhism.

Let him do that. We have Kalki to fight with Jesus. :D

They are both Avataras of Lord Vishnu. How can I fight with myself?

Exactly, how can Vishnu fight himself if Buddha and Kalki are one in the same?

Jesus and Kalki are the same person

ronki23

Jesus has no place in Hinduism.

Neither does Buddha (who discouraged rituals and said he's the final avatar) or Guru Gobind Singh (who fought some Maharajas and cut off the nose of Durga's murti) but plenty of Hindus believe in them too :)

Happy Diwali to you Aupmanyav, welcome back Lord Rama and Sita from their exile

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Neither does Buddha (who discouraged rituals and said he's the final avatar) or Guru Gobind Singh (who fought some Maharajas and cut off the nose of Durga's murti) but plenty of Hindus believe in them too.
There is a Devi prayer in his book. These people belonged to dharmic religions.

ronki23

There is a Devi prayer in his book. These people belonged to dharmic religions.
I don’t remember him saying that. He denied being a god.

Exactly, Buddha denied being a God but we Hindus revere him, Guru Gobind Singh's Devi prayer is in the DASAM Granth Sahib which had a lot of material written after Guruji's death yet Hindus go to Gurdwara and pay thanks to the final Nanak, so I see no problem in worshipping Jesus

Trinity.jpg

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I see no problem in worshipping Jesus

For some people it works, for others it doesn't. I respect and revere what Jesus taught, though much of it could have been lifted almost word for word from the Bhagavad Gita. But I don't worship him or pray to him. He doesn't offer me anything Krishna doesn't. I suspect many Hindus feel that way, though they won't denigrate him.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Wow. There is no such thing as 'we Hindus'. When one of us is speaking from his sect or school's POV, we certainly can't make such sweeping generalisations as to say we worship Buddha or anyone else. It's up to the individual, and we vary a ton. There are many schools and sects. Many Hindus hardly even know about Sikh or Buddhist traditions, let alone get involved in worship. As for Jesus, it's even far less.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The whole world knows about the loving kindness of Jesus people. It happened in Europe, Americas, Africa and in India too. Let us not start on that. They have been one of the biggest killer of the world Just like Amir Timur, Pol Pot and Caliph Ibrahim.

Buddha did not speak on existence of God. He said focus on immediate things first. Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji went to Pushkar in Rajasthan and performed the remembrance rites for his ancestors which included Lord Rama. Sri Guru Gobind Singh was a 'suryavamshi'.

Sharmaji

Why is there always a need to drag this Jesus into our religion and try to find common ground? Being different is nothing to be ashamed of. This whole concept of promoting Christ in the Dharmic traditions has been pushed by plenty of missionaries. Historians nowadays are finally disputing whether he actually existed but he surely has no place in our faith as he’s mentioned nowhere in our scriptures or actual history. Just like the St. Thomas myth which could never be proven yet Keralite Christians continue to promote this lie until today. I’ve even had Muslims tell me their so-called prophet was the Kalki avatar. I’m sick and tired of it to say the least...I’m not telling practitioners of the Catholic faith how their worship of Mary is comparable to Shaktism as these are entirely different concepts. As for your question concerning Nepal, they practice Hinduism in its most ancient tradition, they’re predominantly Shakta hence there used to be a lot of animal sacrifice, things are slowly changing. I believe Vedic Hinduism spread there quite late. Additionally it’s not mandatory for a Hindu to be a vegetarian/vegan it’s a choice you have to make for yourself out of conviction for the idea behind it. I’ve been told by Vaishnavites that a vegetarian diet is part of their tradition.