• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Donald Trump and William Barr really corrupt?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I just saw this video, and haven't had time to really chase down all the trails, but it looks pretty convincing to me. This is about the firing of us attorney Berman, why and how, and how John Bolton's book seems to provide evidence to back up the claims. If true, then I really do think that after January, Trump and Barr will be facing criminal investigation and likely prosecution.

Daemon Sophic

Drat! You beat me to it. I even had this link copied for posting.....might as well not waste it.
Firing of powerful NY prosecutor appears to be latest move to protect Trump - CNNPolitics

He is, they are both corrupt. We have all known this since the 1990’s. It was laid bare in the 2015 campaign. Only those suckered in by his con actually voted for him. It is a sad statement about human lack of wisdom, as well as American biases and apathy along with a corrupt political system (the electoral college) that allowed a minority of the millions of US voters to put the senile conman into power. :(

Again, yes. Blatantly corrupt.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Everybody is corrupt.
It seems to me that projection is the signature response of the Trump promoter.

"Everybody is corrupt" comes from the same basket of deplorable quotes that gave us "there are good people on both sides." Both serve to blur the vulgar malignancy that infects this country.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It seems to me that projection is the signature response of the Trump promoter.

"Everybody is corrupt" comes from the same basket of deplorable quotes that gave us "there are good people on both sides." Both serve to blur the vulgar malignancy that infects this country.
I see it more as an observation than a projection.

I think some people can hide their corruption better than others. After all we're talking about collective human nature here.

joe1776

Recognizing the problem is the first step toward a solution. If, in the coming election, my choice is between Biden or Trump, I feel like I'm being given the choice between Dumb and Dumberer. Which is the same choice I've been given in every election since I was old enough to vote.

Do you recognize that our problem is that democratic elections are a poor way to choose the people who will make policy decisions for our nation?

(Yes, I do realize that throughout history people have tried worse ways to choose leaders.)

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
False equivalence. There are different levels of corruption. This regime in the WH is more corrupt than any of our previous presidents. By a long shot.
I suppose corruption is strictly in the eyes of the beholder.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I see it more as an observation than a projection.

I think some people can hide their corruption better than others. After all we're talking about collective human nature here.

If you were to assert that people have positive and negative sides, sure. But to assert that all people are corrupt and that even saints are utterly corrupt --- that's just totally wrong.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I suppose corruption is strictly in the eyes of the beholder.
Depends if the charges being laid are based on facts and court documents. I've got some documents that show Donald was corrupt before running for office. Wouldn't that concern you when voting for a person? Corruption?
You can say Hillary is more corrupt, but you don't see evidence and her corruption is strictly in the eyes of the beholder. I prefer facts over feelings.