• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are babies, "enemies of God" in your faith tradition?

David Davidovich

Tag me. And of course I will participate. Relevant topic though.

Well, actually, I really don't care because I had only said to you, "for a person who doesn't know that much about Jehovah's Witnesses." However, you are the one who mentioned a thread asking about "are you unaware completely of JW's."

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well, actually, I really don't care because I had only said to you, "for a person who doesn't know that much about Jehovah's Witnesses." However, you are the one who mentioned a thread asking about "are you unaware completely of JW's."

Well. You asked me if I am aware. You asked the question "are you?".

Anyway, this is just a rhetorical exchange over nothing so I will not engage any further. You can make another comment like you have been making so far if you like. No problem. Thanks for responding.

David Davidovich

Well. You asked me if I am aware. You asked the question "are you?".

Anyway, this is just a rhetorical exchange over nothing so I will not engage any further. You can make another comment like you have been making so far if you like. No problem. Thanks for responding.

Don't be so defensive next time. Also, I don't see why you were so quick to judge something you know little about as "misrepresented as clickbait." Plus, I asked Vee something similar in post #129. Also, I'm not sure why either of you were so quick to come to the defense of Stephen Lett as if you both knew that he was being misrepresented by the video. :rolleyes: That just seemed to be so silly and so prejudiced to me. :rolleyes:

David Davidovich

In the above video Stephen Lett (Governing Body member of the Jehovah's Witnesses) claims babies are, "enemies of God".

According to the Jehovah's Witnesses' website, this is basically rhetoric to explain and justify their belief that even children and babies will die at Armageddon:

Will children who have not reached the age of accountability and who die at Armageddon have a resurrection?—Ohio reader.

We cannot be dogmatic about this matter, as God is the judge. However, if Jehovah God expresses an adverse judgment against certain individuals, and does this through his King Christ Jesus at Armageddon, there must be some sort of finality to God’s decision. If so, those destroyed by the judgment of God in the battle of Armageddon are really destroyed. Ezekiel chapter 9 appears to refer to Armageddon, and verse 6 states, “Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark.” Those unmarked by a favorable reception of God’s warning receive no mercy from him. This is no injustice on God’s part. If it were a case of absolute justice he would spare no one, as everyone, young or old, is an imperfect sinner. It is only through the exercise of his love and mercy that anyone is preserved through Armageddon or is resurrected.

And from another website:

Children
armegeddon-children-enjoy-life.jpg

Children are considered to share in the sins of their parents, so babies will die at Armageddon if their parents are considered unworthy of salvation.

"What will happen to young children at Armageddon? The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as "holy." (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones." Reasoning from the Scriptures pp.47-48"Children are affected by the course of their parents, and parents are warned that their iniquity is visited on their offspring unto the third and fourth generation. (Ex. 20:5, 6) Parents are commanded to instruct their children in God's way, and if in these last days parents refuse to heed the divine instruction and warning they bring destruction upon themselves and their small children at Armageddon. (Deut. 6:6, 7; Eph. 6:4) According to justice God can leave such children dead, for, as Ezekiel showed, all die in their iniquity." Watchtower 1950 Nov 15 p.463"By all the evidences this system of things is hastening to its final confrontation with the God of justice at Armageddon. Parents and children who fail to gain the "mark on their foreheads," that is, an adequate appreciation of God's moral standard, are sure to suffer. Parents will be held accountable for their children, and children will suffer for the failure of their parents." Watchtower 1968 Feb 1 pp.83-84

He immediately clarifies that he loves babies, but it is worth a good laugh seeing the theological clumsiness of one of 8 leaders of approx. 8.7 million people.

8 very powerful leaders.

For many decades, the faithful and discreet slave included all "anointed" Jehovah's Witnesses, but during the 2012 Annual Meeting the Governing Body greatly increased their authority by announcing that only they were to be considered to represent the faithful and discreet slave.

Watchtower 2013 Jul 15 p.26​

Following this change, Watchtower articles have said that Jehovah's Witnesses must be prepared to follow instructions they receive, regardless of whether they seem to be "unsound", "strange, impractical or illogical."

"As the end of this system of things draws near, we need to trust in Jehovah’s way of doing things as never before. Why? During the great tribulation, we may receive instructions that seem strange, impractical, or illogical." Watchtower Feb 2022 p.6"
All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." Watchtower 2013 Nov 15 p.20​

It is frightening to read of these expectations that the Governing Body have of their followers. Their teachings affect what Jehovah's Witnesses believe regarding doctrine, morals, history and the future. The Governing Body wields such grandiose and all-encompassing power that it is important to make real effort in examining if there is any proof that Watchtower's leaders are being used by Jehovah.

click here: The Faithful and Discreet Slave - is it the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society?

Last edited by a moderator:

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don't see why you were so quick to judge something you know little about

What do I know little about? Please explain your psychoanalysis. But if it's a new topic, open a new thread because it's obvious you are looking for some debate with someone for whatever reason. But please do explain your psychoanalysis.

Thanks.

David Davidovich

Gods have enemies??? How?

That concept is based upon a technical interpretation of Romans 5:10 as referring to how humans can be enemies of God by virtue of them being born and if they have not been reconciled to God through Jesus. And I say technical because even though God is supposed to see people's hearts and know who they really are, we are supposed to have a death sentence hanging over our heads because we are supposed to have inherited sin from Adam and Eve. Therefore, we are automatically supposed to be God's enemies who are prone to death unless we become reconciled to God by means of Jesus' shed blood.

David Davidovich

What do I know little about? Please explain your psychoanalysis. But if it's a new topic, open a new thread because it's obvious you are looking for some debate with someone for whatever reason. But please do explain your psychoanalysis.

Thanks.

Sorry, but our conversation is over with based upon what you said in your post #143. ;)