• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Archangel Michael.

I am researching the Archangel Michael and am trying to find the earliest image that exists of him. If anyone has any idea please let me know. Thank you.

P.S: Also looking for what may be considered the most famous stain glass image of Michael too.

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
When I was a child of the age of 9 to 11, I was introduced to the story of Saint Michael.
There were a lot more stories about a lot other unbelievable myths, I quit at 12 yrs of age.
Anyways...How could a person become an angel with no creation pending.
How did `God` create the angels, all at once, and out of what ?
Did all them have wings like the jinns, I've always been confused by these miracles.
I could go on and on, but this is about Saint Michael, so this is...
NuffStuff

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
When I was a child of the age of 9 to 11, I was introduced to the story of Saint Michael.
There were a lot more stories about a lot other unbelievable myths, I quit at 12 yrs of age.
Anyways...How could a person become an angel with no creation pending.
How did `God` create the angels, all at once, and out of what ?
Did all them have wings like the jinns, I've always been confused by these miracles.
I could go on and on, but this is about Saint Michael, so this is...
NuffStuff

All existence was pre-conceived in the mind of God

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ahhh...Whatever happens could have happened, in a mind that didn't exist in the void of nothingness, before the creation of everything. That makes sense doesn't it ?
And it floated in on the waters that weren't created yet, like the dust of the Earth.
Ahhh...I love the mythology that abounds around here, like human angels.
With imagination `God` can create everything, including the water `He` floated on.