• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arachnid addiction

Spiderman

Veteran Member
images (5).jpeg
images (4).jpeg
images (3).jpeg
download (4).jpeg
download (3).jpeg
il_570xN.1445601941_qv3r.jpg

The only thing I spend nearly all my money on is spiders. I'm sure most of you have already seen my pets on YouTube videos. I'm spider Man... literally so obsessed with these creatures that my primary motive in looking for work is to buy more. I used to be terrified of them which is why I like them so much.

I plan on finding a mature male Goliath birdeater to mate with Dionysia Marie, my current female birdeater (largest species of spider on earth.)

After they mate, they lay 200 to a thousand eggs. Keep in mind that Goliath bird eaters sell for $200 or more at the pet shop. Having hundreds or thousands of them could make you an enormous amount of money if you had the buyers.

The spiders at the reptile shop have all kinds of beautiful designs on their legs and abdomen. Some of them have horns, flaming red legs, and make lots of webs and tunnels. Some of them stand on their hind legs and lunge. The ones with high venom potency have a red mark on the cage.

My Goliath birdeater actually spit venom on me today. I've never seen that before. Also, similar to a rattle snake, she rubs her legs together when threatened and it creates a hissing noise to scare others away.

I like other animals but not nearly to the extent that I like spiders. As an adult, the only animal I've ever purchased that was not a spider was a scorpion or spider food.

Trying to explain such an addiction is tough. I don't even understand why I feel that way. If I had not been terrified of them, id not be so interested in them.

Do you have any addictions that are hard to understand or explain?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
My obsession with spiders and spending most of my income on them may even fall into the sin of lust and covetousness lol

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Police picked me up once and told me there was a warrant for my arrest. They opened my backpack and because I had a tarantula in it, they let me go.

Also, in roughly 2014 a pet shop stopped selling me their arachnids cuz they saw a youtube where they were biting me.

I literally was planning on breaking into the shop to steal their spiders. I'm totally serious. That's a spider junkie for ya! :eek::D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It's not the weirdest addiction. I saw a guy on TV who chewed up and swallowed plastic bags throughout each day, causing him physical problems. To each their own.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I love the unloved animals, too. My favorites are snakes, but I draw the line on venomous ones....although I will catch and release them!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It might be close, buddy!

Take care of yourself, first! Do you have a permanent residence, an apartment?
I have an apartment. I got permission from a doctor to have these as therapeutic animals and a healthy hobbie , so housing management knows about them and seen them.

Honestly, collecting arachnids could possibly be my strongest motive for staying sober.

Not only does getting drunk or high cost money, but if I go to jail or a psych ward, it will be drug or alcohol related, and I shall lose my pets. If I stay sober I won't lose my place here.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I love the unloved animals, too. My favorites are snakes, but I draw the line on venomous ones....although I will catch and release them!
My uncle used to breed pythons...I love those suckers.My favorite was an albino Burmese python named Dottie.