• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arab rioters playing soccer in Al-Aqsa

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
It's Ramadan, so of course, there was rioting on the Temple Mount a few days ago, and very likely there'll be more soon.

I have seen some media outlets attempt to frame the "incident" as Israeli police inciting them to riot, but if you look at the pictures and videos, you'll see they were ready: They had pre-prepared piles of rocks, burn barrels, etc. I have heard they sneak these things in under the guise of materials needed for the apparently never-ending renovations of the Waqf. I remember about five years ago, when I was in the army, metal detectors were installed at the entrances of the Mount to at least prevent such metal objects from being smuggled in. Naturally, there were protests and riots, and my unit was almost called in to assist. But then Israel caved and removed the metal detectors.

in any case, it seems that to pass the time while waiting for the "moment of truth", some of these rioters decided to play ball. And with shoes on, no less.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Seriously the Palestinians can do whatever they damn well please in their own mosque, and presumably this is an entryway and not the mosque proper

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Seriously the Palestinians can do whatever they damn well please in their own mosque, and presumably this is an entryway and not the mosque proper
I doubt if it is "their" mosque. It is as wrong to hold the Palestinians as being blameless as it is wrong for others to hold the Israelis blameless.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
There are prayer rugs lining the floor and the space is huge.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course, we all know what would happen, if they tried to pass a ball back and forth outside.
They'd score even more points?
Strangely the video is labeled soccer, but it looks like a form of volleyball.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It's Ramadan, so of course, there was rioting on the Temple Mount a few days ago, and very likely there'll be more soon.
Yes, I find this appalling but then war generally is.

BTW, I was in that mosque and also the Dome of the Rock in 2018, but fortunately that was during a "lull period" if you know what I mean.

Sick of matzah yet? ;)

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Sick of matzah yet? ;)
The simplest solution is to simply not eat it more than necessary. So you have to stuff yourself with it in the seder, then you need a couple more times for hamotzi and that's it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The simplest solution is to simply not eat it more than necessary. So you have to stuff yourself with it in the seder, then you need a couple more times for hamotzi and that's it.
Once I bought a package of five boxes, and at the end I didn't even want to look at another one. I do like it, but only in moderation.

BTW, if you run out, I got a bit more that I'll sell ya. :)