• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AR-15 massacres 9 shoppers and cop!

Should private ownership of assualt rifles be banned?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • No.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Maybe/Unsure.

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Or you can address what i did say.

You mean to say that it is physically impossible? Or that there are already laws in play that would prevent this?
Laws in play......

I feel like they need help.
Well then, help them.
Ban unnecessary fast-fire rifles (semi-
autos) and introduce a test and licensing and 3rd party insurance for all gun owners.
Easy. Sensible. Rational.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Redacted!
Lol, Goal post shifter!
I know because you told me that you are against irrational laws!
And you cannot think of any!
I just gave an example of one and now you are complaining that it is not contemporary enough. Is your point that at this moment in time we have reached the pinnacle of law making? Or were you simply trying to say that all laws were rational...
I think I disagree with both notions. You don't want to address my example?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Laws in play......
And there are laws in play against shooting people in the first place.
Well then, help them.
Ban unnecessary fast-fire rifles (semi-
autos) and introduce a test and licensing and 3rd party insurance for all gun owners.
Easy. Sensible. Rational.
Are we in agreement that these people need help? Now if we could only find a method of help on which we disagree.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Lol, Goal post shifter!

I just gave an example of one and now you are complaining that it is not contemporary enough. Is your point that at this moment in time we have reached the pinnacle of law making? Or were you simply trying to say that all laws were rational...
I think I disagree with both notions. You don't want to address my example?
CG...... Where I live, and I do believe that where you live, husbands cannot lawfully rape their wives!

So you can't think of an irrational law in existence, it seems.

In any event you don't have to worry, because there will not be any change in gun laws where you are. I feel sure of that.
But the multiple shootings will go on, CG, mostly through the use of legalkly purchased military type rifles.
There were 170 multiple shootings in the USA in January and February this year, that is shootings with four or more victims, and a victim is anybody who got shot, CG.

What's that? About 80+ a month?

Some folks point to the UK and shout 'look at the knife incidents!' as if that makes it ok to have so many shootings on top of the single shootings and suicides, but honestly, CG, we don't get 80+ stabbings a month.

Let's leave it at that, shall we? You can have last post! Maybe you will think of an irrational law at last? :p

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Lol, Goal post shifter!
The reason I stopped interacting with them this tangent.
They made a claim, found out it was not the least bit true and is now moving the goal posts around so much they can not keep up....

You don't want to address my example?
Of course not.
They do not seem to understand that there are a ton of nonsense laws on the books all over the world.
For example, it is still currently illegal In Columbus, Ohio for stores to sell cornflakes on Sunday or to kill a housefly within 160 feet of a church without a license.

It is illegal in the UK to be drunk in a pub.