• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

apparitions - confirmed experiences

paragon

Have any of you seen apparitions in your home and been able to confirm them through other people?

Last edited:

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Have any of you seen apparitions in your home and been able to confirm them through other people?

My wife has seen two apparitions on separate occasions. No one but her saw them but I believe her account.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Seen outside home with other people (who didn't believe in such things) and heard in home with other people.

P.s. I know audio doesn't = apparition :)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
There is one incident that scars my mind thinking back to it today, I have no idea how to explain it other than as supernatural.

I was very young, around the age of 6-7. We had a small basketball hoop outside for me, and I went outside to shoot hoops in it. My older brother, babysitting me and my sister, yelled at me to come inside. He yelled at me forgoing outside without asking.

In order to understand this ghostly part, you must know how my basement is. There is one room (that I was in) which was the laundry room, another room on the other side that was and still is mainly for smoking and gaming. In between the two rooms is a small bathroom connected the two rooms, two doors one on each side. You can walk through the bathroom to get into the other room.

I was in the laundry room, on the end farthest from the bathroom. My sister and my brother's girlfriend was in the other room on the side by the bathroom.

As my brother was lecturing me, I swear on my life I clearly remember seeing a tall gorilla, maybe 6 ft, walking tall like a human, wearing a drummer hat and vest and had drums on his vest, playing them, dancing a little bit by shaking back and forth.

I told my brother and about bawled my eyes out but he thought I was trying to distract him. My sister in the other room cried and screamed that she saw something go into the shower (in the bathroom). My brother's girlfriend checked it out to show us nothing was in the shower, I ran into the room because I heard my sister talking about it, and turns out she's right, nothing in the shower.

I didn't talk loudly about seeing it, so if we were just seeing things it'd be very coincidental with timing and place.

paragon

I'm 21 years old at the time. I'm was walking into my room one tired night after working on my computer. As I approach my room I notice, from the corner of my eye, a tall man standing at the corner of the hallway at the opposite end. I was walking so fast that by the time I realize what I had seen I'm already inside my room and past the apparition. So I was a extremely skeptical person at the time and I immediately turn back to confirm what I had seen. Within two seconds I'm in the hallway again looking over to the end of the hallway and I notice the man still standing there.

He was about 6', formally dressed, with a buttoned shirt and dress pants. He appeared middle-eastern, with short black hair, fairly thin. He begins to fade/melt into thin air, giving off a black and purple smoke as he disappeared. Within 6 seconds, while we both remained completely still, he was completely gone, disappearing right next to the bathroom door.. I say nothing to my family members and chalk it up to exhaustion. Two days later my sister begins complaining about seeings "shadow" people in the bathroom. She's about 17 at the time.

Years later I bring it up and I ask her if she's ever seen full apparitions other than shadows. She tells me she once saw a "tall Indian man" in the room next to the bathroom. I describe his apparel and she nods in shock.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There is one incident that scars my mind thinking back to it today, I have no idea how to explain it other than as supernatural.

I was very young, around the age of 6-7. We had a small basketball hoop outside for me, and I went outside to shoot hoops in it. My older brother, babysitting me and my sister, yelled at me to come inside. He yelled at me forgoing outside without asking.

In order to understand this ghostly part, you must know how my basement is. There is one room (that I was in) which was the laundry room, another room on the other side that was and still is mainly for smoking and gaming. In between the two rooms is a small bathroom connected the two rooms, two doors one on each side. You can walk through the bathroom to get into the other room.

I was in the laundry room, on the end farthest from the bathroom. My sister and my brother's girlfriend was in the other room on the side by the bathroom.

As my brother was lecturing me, I swear on my life I clearly remember seeing a tall gorilla, maybe 6 ft, walking tall like a human, wearing a drummer hat and vest and had drums on his vest, playing them, dancing a little bit by shaking back and forth.

I told my brother and about bawled my eyes out but he thought I was trying to distract him. My sister in the other room cried and screamed that she saw something go into the shower (in the bathroom). My brother's girlfriend checked it out to show us nothing was in the shower, I ran into the room because I heard my sister talking about it, and turns out she's right, nothing in the shower.

I didn't talk loudly about seeing it, so if we were just seeing things it'd be very coincidental with timing and place.
Did it make any sound, like drumming?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I haven't seen any actual apparitions but we heard plenty of noises and saw a picture drop off the wall for no reason whatsoever after it first made a 90 degree turn.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
When I was a CNA at a hospital I had several strange experiences. I worked the night shift (7pm to 7:30am) three nights a week on the fifth floor. This was oncology and medical. We had all kinds of patients but since the oncology wing was not always full it also doubled as the hospice wing.

For those unfamiliar "hospice" is the care given to terminal people who are in the end stage of life with no real chance of getting better.

I saw a lot of death (I mean a lot. Literally hundreds over the years. At least one a week on most weeks. Some weeks several). Most patients I didn't believe in ghosts before this but some things happened to change my mind.

There had been the stories about a "shadow figure" stalking around on the floor. I thought they were just kidding or maybe they "thought" they saw it. To explain how I saw what I saw I will explain the layout. The floor had three wings that intersected in the middle with the secretary station and behind that was the Charge Nurse's office. It forms a sort of T where you can see down all three hallways (north, south and west) from the secretary seat.

Me, the secretary and the Charge nurse were talking one night and suddenly down the west hall (not the oncology hall or the hospice hall but a wing that was shut down due to low census). I saw a figure briskly move from left to right from one room to another across the hall. I couldn't believe it and even the Charge nurse who was talking at the time stopped talking. There was a moment of silence before she said "did anyone else see that". I nodded and so did the secretary.

Not really fully believing what I had saw up until this point I walked down the hall and looked into the room where the shadow had gone. I didn't see anything and it appeared normal. No one was in there. I checked the pt bathroom and still didn't see anything. I turned around and started back down the hall. I didn't want to be loud so I just shrugged with emphasis to show that I had seen nothing. However it was only a few steps back down the hall that I hears a loud noise that sounded like a chair being moved across the floor. I freeze for a moment and go back in the room to see the chair had been moved a few inches so it was no longer aligned to the wall but askew.

I left the hall quickly and didn't see or hear anything creepy that night.

This alone was really really scary to me personally but I have at least a dozen other stories that are similar. This is one of only three where something physically moved and the only one that had three people witness it.

The creepiest thin is that another night nearly two years later (when the hall was empty again) I was walking down the hall and I heard another sound just like it with a chair cocked to the side. I don't fully remember if it was the same room but I think it was.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
When I was a CNA at a hospital I had several strange experiences. I worked the night shift (7pm to 7:30am) three nights a week on the fifth floor. This was oncology and medical. We had all kinds of patients but since the oncology wing was not always full it also doubled as the hospice wing.

For those unfamiliar "hospice" is the care given to terminal people who are in the end stage of life with no real chance of getting better.

I saw a lot of death (I mean a lot. Literally hundreds over the years. At least one a week on most weeks. Some weeks several). Most patients I didn't believe in ghosts before this but some things happened to change my mind.

There had been the stories about a "shadow figure" stalking around on the floor. I thought they were just kidding or maybe they "thought" they saw it. To explain how I saw what I saw I will explain the layout. The floor had three wings that intersected in the middle with the secretary station and behind that was the Charge Nurse's office. It forms a sort of T where you can see down all three hallways (north, south and west) from the secretary seat.

Me, the secretary and the Charge nurse were talking one night and suddenly down the west hall (not the oncology hall or the hospice hall but a wing that was shut down due to low census). I saw a figure briskly move from left to right from one room to another across the hall. I couldn't believe it and even the Charge nurse who was talking at the time stopped talking. There was a moment of silence before she said "did anyone else see that". I nodded and so did the secretary.

Not really fully believing what I had saw up until this point I walked down the hall and looked into the room where the shadow had gone. I didn't see anything and it appeared normal. No one was in there. I checked the pt bathroom and still didn't see anything. I turned around and started back down the hall. I didn't want to be loud so I just shrugged with emphasis to show that I had seen nothing. However it was only a few steps back down the hall that I hears a loud noise that sounded like a chair being moved across the floor. I freeze for a moment and go back in the room to see the chair had been moved a few inches so it was no longer aligned to the wall but askew.

I left the hall quickly and didn't see or hear anything creepy that night.

This alone was really really scary to me personally but I have at least a dozen other stories that are similar. This is one of only three where something physically moved and the only one that had three people witness it.

The creepiest thin is that another night nearly two years later (when the hall was empty again) I was walking down the hall and I heard another sound just like it with a chair cocked to the side. I don't fully remember if it was the same room but I think it was.
How does this effect your feelings on spiritual subjects and life after death?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
How does this effect your feelings on spiritual subjects and life after death?
I've never been against spiritual things but I do debate and feel things need sufficent evidence in order to be taken seriously. Bigfoot? Not a scrap of real evidence. Ghosts? Maybe. There has been a lot of interesting evidence brought forth from that. However it sucks because the majority of that comes from armatures and TV shows. And I don't believe them to simply be "ghosts" end of story its just a soul. I am not even convinced that this shadow figure was human.

My own personal theory on this is that we do carry some kind of energy within us. And if there are things left behind after we die it would be imprints of that. Or maybe there are other explanations. I don't claim to know but I do claim to have experienced strange things. People whispering my name (once right into my ear) and even seeing someone walk into a room, following them and no one be in that room. If we find that we are able to communicate and receive brain wave messages from other people there is no reason why I don't think that this would be possible in any other alternative form. But again I don't claim to know anything about the situations or their causes but simply that I have experienced things outside of the ordinary.

Midnight Rain

I have personally seen several. I have worked with a few paranormal investigative groups before but none of the apparitions were ever caught on camera with the degree of clarity that we ourselves seen them. My personal theory is that apparitions may appear directly in our mind's eye as a form of energy communication rather than physical manifestation. This is why we can ear the EVP but not hear it with our own ears or on traditional forms of recording.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I have personally seen several. I have worked with a few paranormal investigative groups before but none of the apparitions were ever caught on camera with the degree of clarity that we ourselves seen them. My personal theory is that apparitions may appear directly in our mind's eye as a form of energy communication rather than physical manifestation. This is why we can ear the EVP but not hear it with our own ears or on traditional forms of recording.
Thanks for sharing. This field needs people with new ideas and theories.

Midnight Rain

Thanks for sharing. This field needs people with new ideas and theories.
I believe so as well. Also there are many who are stuck on this idea of "ghosts" and I feel that term is not only restrictive but misleading as well. They are made of energy. They do not have physical form so it would only make sense to try and understand them as "energy constructs" of some kind.

The most effective means of capturing "images" rather than just EVP's would be thermal cameras IMHO.