• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apparently there are "beliefs" and then there are "beliefs"

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
A non-religious faith is ignorant.

No, there are no non-religious faiths in effect. There are just natural and supernatural faiths:
religion | Definition, Types, & List of Religions

Now what you are in effect saying, is that because I am a naturalistic religious believer, I am ignorant, because the correct religion is yours.

Here is the shortest, most simple yet correct understanding of religion, if you want to describe religion:
"...
There are many definitions of religion. It is not that easy to pin down exactly what religion is and then to insure that the definition distinguishes religion from magic and from cults and sects. Many people offer definitions without much knowledge of the wide range of religious phenomena and the many different cultural manifestations of religion. It is a rather common misconception to think that religion has to do with god, or gods and supernatural beings or a supernatural or spiritual dimension or greater reality. None of that is absolutely necessary because there are religions that are without those elements.
Religion is the most comprehensive and intensive manner of valuing known to human beings. ..."

Science is the objective part of understanding the world. Religion is the subjective part. All sufficiently cognitive and emotional grown up humans do these 2 aspects of how it is to be a human. We just do it with variation and you apparently don't accept variantion.

MonkeyFire

No, there are no non-religious faiths in effect. There are just natural and supernatural faiths:
religion | Definition, Types, & List of Religions

Now what you are in effect saying, is that because I am a naturalistic religious believer, I am ignorant, because the correct religion is yours.

Here is the shortest, most simple yet correct understanding of religion, if you want to describe religion:
"...
There are many definitions of religion. It is not that easy to pin down exactly what religion is and then to insure that the definition distinguishes religion from magic and from cults and sects. Many people offer definitions without much knowledge of the wide range of religious phenomena and the many different cultural manifestations of religion. It is a rather common misconception to think that religion has to do with god, or gods and supernatural beings or a supernatural or spiritual dimension or greater reality. None of that is absolutely necessary because there are religions that are without those elements.
Religion is the most comprehensive and intensive manner of valuing known to human beings. ..."

Science is the objective part of understanding the world. Religion is the subjective part. All sufficiently cognitive and emotional grown up humans do these 2 aspects of how it is to be a human. We just do it with variation and you apparently don't accept variantion.

Atheism is racism to God, as says living FAITH.

MonkeyFire

That is a feeling in you. I do God differently than you and in effect I am religious, yet also an atheist in some sense. Stop judging me with an authority you don't have.

Where will you be when the **** hits the fan? If you don't believe in God you can believe in love.

Last edited: