• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Apologies to Trump"

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Apologies to President Trump | TheHill

"Apologies to Trump on behalf of those in the U.S. intelligence community, including the Department of Justice and the FBI, which allowed the weaponization of sensitive, intrusive intelligence tools against innocent citizens such as Carter Page, an adviser to Trump's presidential campaign.

Apologies also to Page himself, to Jerome Corsi, Donald Trump Jr., and other citizens whose rights were violated or who were unfairly caught up in surveillance or the heated pursuit of charges based on little more than false, unproven opposition research paid for by Democrats and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Apologies for the stress on their jobs and to their families, the damage to their reputations, the money they had to spend to hire legal representation and defend themselves from charges for crimes they did not commit.

Apologies on behalf of those in the intelligence community who leaked true information out of context to make Trump look guilty, and who sometimes leaked false information to try to implicate or frame him.

Apologies from those in the chain of command at the FBI and the Department of Justice who were supposed to make sure all information presented to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) is verified but did not do so.

Apologies from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court judges who are supposed to serve as one of the few checks and balances to prevent the FBI from wiretapping innocent Americans. Whether because of blind trust in the FBI or out of ignorance or even malfeasance, they failed at this important job.

Apologies to the American people who did not receive the full attention of their government while political points were being scored; who were not told about some important world events because they were crowded out of the news by the persistent insistence that Trump was working for Russia.

Apologies all the way around."

whirlingmerc

"Apologies to Trump on behalf of those in the U.S. intelligence community, including the Department of Justice and the FBI, which allowed the weaponization of sensitive, intrusive intelligence tools against innocent citizens such as Carter Page, an adviser to Trump's presidential campaign.

Apologies also to Page himself, to Jerome Corsi, Donald Trump Jr., and other citizens whose rights were violated or who were unfairly caught up in surveillance or the heated pursuit of charges based on little more than false, unproven opposition research paid for by Democrats and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Apologies for the stress on their jobs and to their families, the damage to their reputations, the money they had to spend to hire legal representation and defend themselves from charges for crimes they did not commit.

Apologies on behalf of those in the intelligence community who leaked true information out of context to make Trump look guilty, and who sometimes leaked false information to try to implicate or frame him.

Apologies from those in the chain of command at the FBI and the Department of Justice who were supposed to make sure all information presented to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) is verified but did not do so.

Apologies from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court judges who are supposed to serve as one of the few checks and balances to prevent the FBI from wiretapping innocent Americans. Whether because of blind trust in the FBI or out of ignorance or even malfeasance, they failed at this important job.

Apologies to the American people who did not receive the full attention of their government while political points were being scored; who were not told about some important world events because they were crowded out of the news by the persistent insistence that Trump was working for Russia.

The attention should probably be focused on Russia and not hope for a media circus unfavorable to a political opponent

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So even though the American People have been in line for an apology for years, we're supposed to apologize to Trump because some people did their jobs and did things they've been doing for awhile?
i don't recall an apology to the people, Hillary, or Obama for the findings on the Benghazi investigation, or the server investigation.

yet the mueller investigation caught quite a few of his supporters, and advisers in nefarious actions.

dianaiad

The attention should probably be focused on Russia and not hope for a media circus unfavorable to a political opponent

Uh huh.

Pardon my cynicism, but 'the attention" has ALL been on the 'hope for a media circus unfavorable to a political opponent." until just a couple of days ago. The only reason the dems are trying to play this down now is because they didn't get what they wanted. They don't give a good hoot about Russia.

If they DID, they'd have been up in arms about Obama's soliciting help from Russia live and recorded in public, or any 'collusion' with Russia that might have been attributed to anybody on their side. Please excuse me, but frankly?

Any critic of Trump who tries to get us to 'focus on Russia" rather than political opponents is, well, I think Aesop addressed this, somewhere....Or perhaps it was L. Frank Baum?

dianaiad

So even though the American People have been in line for an apology for years, we're supposed to apologize to Trump because some people did their jobs and did things they've been doing for awhile?

Yes. ESPECIALLY because some people have been doing things they've been doing for awhile.

whirlingmerc

Uh huh.

Pardon my cynicism, but 'the attention" has ALL been on the 'hope for a media circus unfavorable to a political opponent." until just a couple of days ago. The only reason the dems are trying to play this down now is because they didn't get what they wanted. They don't give a good hoot about Russia.

If they DID, they'd have been up in arms about Obama's soliciting help from Russia live and recorded in public, or any 'collusion' with Russia that might have been attributed to anybody on their side. Please excuse me, but frankly?

Any critic of Trump who tries to get us to 'focus on Russia" rather than political opponents is, well, I think Aesop addressed this, somewhere....Or perhaps it was L. Frank Baum?

Better to be a skeptic than a cynic

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

It doesn't appear they'll be accepting any apologies. Now the Republicans want to investigate the Democrats: Mueller Report: Republicans, Fox News Respond to Barr’s Summary – Rolling Stone

This isn’t just next-day PR, either. Holding up Barr’s brief summary as definitive proof that Mueller’s investigation was a partisan hoax that needs to be investigated is a deliberate effort to smother the legitimacy of any further inquiry, and it will persist as long as necessary. If the spotlight is on Democrats and the Justice Department, that means it’s not on Trump, even when there are so many questions yet to be answered about the special counsel’s report. As long as people are seeking those answers, Republicans will try to redirect attention toward Democrats.

As Trump — along with Giuliani, Nunes and Huckabee — note, an investigation into the Democrats’ role in genesis of the Mueller investigation is likely to be on the table, as well. “Yes, yes, yes,” Giuliani said on Fox News asked whether he thought someone conned the FBI into perpetrating one of the biggest hoaxes in America history. “You’re going to find out, believe me, who it was.”

Sounds like we could be in for a witch hunt.

I seem to remember starting a thread a couple of years ago in which I observed that the Democrats were going about this all wrong. They should have just stuck with the issues, insteading of distracting everyone with all this drama, gossip, and innuendo.

They still have time to try to salvage something for 2020, but they have to lay off the melodrama and get more serious about offering a real platform to the voters.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The political appointee, Barr, said what Trump wanted him to say because of course, he's the KING. When it comes to Obama and Hillary and the lies there, no apologies just calls for more investigation.

The political hypocrisy on the right is outstandingly gigantic beyond belief.

And until the full report is released, all we know is that the findings punted on any crimes according to Barr.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I don't see how anyone could fulfill their responsibilities, i.e., do their job (one of the most important in the world), with all that stress heaped on them! That's when serious mistakes can be made!

Grief! It's just more proof, to me, of how irresponsible the US political system operates, at times.

Investigate after the 4 or 8 yrs!

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I don't see how anyone could fulfill their responsibilities, i.e., do their job (one of the most important in the world), with all that stress heaped on them! That's when serious mistakes can be made!

Grief! It's just more proof, to me, of how irresponsible the US political system operates, at times.

Investigate after the 4 or 8 yrs!
Are you serious?

"It doesn't matter if the commander in chief of the United States is suspected of colluding with foreign powers and committing treason or breaking international or constitutional law - let them continue to be leader of the free world to the completion of his term BEFORE investigating them!"

dianaiad

Are you serious?

"It doesn't matter if the commander in chief of the United States is suspected of colluding with foreign powers and committing treason or breaking international or constitutional law - let them continue to be leader of the free world to the completion of his term BEFORE investigating them!"

...or, if the president happens to be on OUR side, don't investigate at all.

"Ill be more flexible after the election..."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
i don't recall an apology to the people, Hillary, or Obama for the findings on the Benghazi investigation, or the server investigation.

yet the mueller investigation caught quite a few of his supporters, and advisers in nefarious actions.
That's because Obama expressly ordered not to prosecute Hillary. The handling of classified emails alone is a crime if it's on an unsecured computer. I suppose that's water over the bridge by now.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Uh huh.

Like Trump pointed out rather candidly, these people are sick.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That's because Obama expressly ordered not to prosecute Hillary. The handling of classified emails alone is a crime if it's on an unsecured computer. I suppose that's water over the bridge by now.
actually, you're misinformed. having classifed email on an unsecured machine "might be" a violation but it isn't necessarily criminal. actively sharing that information with people who aren't cleared for access would be a crime.

comey was a republican.

the president can't interfere in an independent national investigation, nor can they pardon a federal offender.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yes. ESPECIALLY because some people have been doing things they've been doing for awhile.
Yet what makes Trump so special he should get an apology yet no one apologized to Bush Jr. because a shoe was thrown at him, no one apologized to Obama for baseless and relentless accusations he's not American, and no one apologized to Hillary for demanding she be locked up--repeatedly--even after multiple investigations found no wrong doing, no one apologized to Bill for singling him out for something tons of other politicians do. And instead of apologizing to us, the American people, the PATRIOT act keeps getting extended.
So, are we suddenly supposed to cater to the president who has been the most insecure with the thinnest skin out of all of them and coddle to him because his feelings got hurt?

dianaiad

Yet what makes Trump so special he should get an apology yet no one apologized to Bush Jr. because a shoe was thrown at him, no one apologized to Obama for baseless and relentless accusations he's not American, and no one apologized to Hillary for demanding she be locked up--repeatedly--even after multiple investigations found no wrong doing, no one apologized to Bill for singling him out for something tons of other politicians do. And instead of apologizing to us, the American people, the PATRIOT act keeps getting extended.
So, are we suddenly supposed to cater to the president who has been the most insecure with the thinnest skin out of all of them and coddle to him because his feelings got hurt?

One does not withold an apology when earned simply because you think other people are ALSO earned apologies. One must start somewhere. I say....start here, at the hardest one. There is nothing in this world harder to do than apologize to someone you hate, when it exposes your own underhanded attempts to destroy the target.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One does not withold an apology when earned simply because you think other people are ALSO earned apologies. One must start somewhere. I say....start here, at the hardest one. There is nothing in this world harder to do than apologize to someone you hate, when it exposes your own underhanded attempts to destroy the target.
I will withhold any sort of apology when someone is being a hypocritical crybaby. Trump was all into Obama being a Kenyan, and he was leading the crowd in "lock her up." Did he apologize? Did he suggest his supporters and those who bought into the bull**** apologize?
Trump is basically getting a taste of his inanity thrown back at him. Feeling any sympathy or pity for him, thinking he is owed an apology, it's all wasted on him because he doesn't deserve it.