• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anything making JWs look bad is from Satan

Muffled

Jesus in me
Or so I've heard. So then is everything making Catholicism look bad from Satan also?

I believe this is simply a way of demonizing critics. I criticize every false religious belief because I speak the truth of God not because Satan influences me. What does come from Satan is an accusation of wrong doing ie if I were to say that JW's get scripture wrong because they love satan, I would be making an accusation and a false one to boot. However accusing the brethren of criticizing from Satan's influence may very well come from Satan.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
"The JW is taught that the organization is the "mother," and that Jehovah is the Father. Since Jehovah does not speak directly to the JW, he must rely on the organization for guidance and instruction. The JW is reminded over and over how trustworthy the "mother" is and how he cannot get along without her. Anyone else who tries to help the JW is viewed as "of the devil" and is considered dangerous. Since the JW is part of a family with its normal amount of brotherhood and togetherness (five meetings a week), the feeling of being safe and even "loved" reinforces what the "mother" is saying. The "mother" has taught him not to listen to anything critical of her, calling it satanic; thereby preventing the JW from thinking objectively and causing him to react with strong emotions whenever he senses a critical spirit towards the Watchtower. The JW will simply not question the motives or truthfulness of the "mother."

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/mindcont.htm

While I'm generally not anti-religious, I can't say I like the idea of folks being conditioned against questioning their beliefs.

As far as Catholics go, my minimum interaction with them. The Deacons I've dealt with have always encouraged me to ask any questions I might have about their faith.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"The JW is taught that the organization is the "mother," and that Jehovah is the Father. Since Jehovah does not speak directly to the JW, he must rely on the organization for guidance and instruction. The JW is reminded over and over how trustworthy the "mother" is and how he cannot get along without her. Anyone else who tries to help the JW is viewed as "of the devil" and is considered dangerous. Since the JW is part of a family with its normal amount of brotherhood and togetherness (five meetings a week), the feeling of being safe and even "loved" reinforces what the "mother" is saying. The "mother" has taught him not to listen to anything critical of her, calling it satanic; thereby preventing the JW from thinking objectively and causing him to react with strong emotions whenever he senses a critical spirit towards the Watchtower. The JW will simply not question the motives or truthfulness of the "mother."

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/mindcont.htm

While I'm generally not anti-religious, I can't say I like the idea of folks being conditioned against questioning their beliefs.

As far as Catholics go, my minimum interaction with them. The Deacons I've dealt with have always encouraged me to ask any questions I might have about their faith.

There are instances in the Watchtower where the organization really is called "mother". But if they are trying hard not to be identified with Babylon the Great the mother of harlots why would they do such a thing? Satan? :p
http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/jw-2.html