• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Raelians on here?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
This group of peeps who think that the gods of old religions are aliens, and they've come and told this dude named Claude Vorilhorn (sp?), and he's the maitreya, etc. It's pretty interesting. I wouldn't believe it personally. :D

rael.org

Alceste

Vagabond
My friend literally wrote the book on the Raelians. (A book, anyway). It's a good read - very respectful while at the same time forthright about what they get up to. To sum up, a chap in Montreal believes he met a bunch of aliens in France called the Elohim, and they gave him the mission of preparing humanity for the day of their return, when the faithful will be taken off the earth to another planet or something like that to start a new race. As is typical of many religious cults, the lives of the members are fairly rigidly controlled - particularly through Rael's control of his followers' sexuality.

(I see from the reviews on Amazon that the Raelians are not pleased with Susan's work. I thought she did a great job though. I think I will write a review...)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Alceste, oooo. :D
I think the majority of Alien religions are cults, though. It just seems to be easily hijacked.

Reiðrœska

Voice deeper than Thor's
Thanks for the info! Well, to be perfectly honest, Raelians are right. Gods obviously ARE aliens because they're certainly not humans from Earth. They may or may not come from Mars in UFOs, but they're aliens whether they're alien greys at Area 51 or spiritual beings from another plane of existance.

Still, as for gods being alien grays that abduct humans using flying saucers, I am not a believer. It's a more realistic idea than most religions, though.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Reiðrœska;1308041 said:
Thanks for the info! Well, to be perfectly honest, Raelians are right. Gods obviously ARE aliens because they're certainly not humans from Earth. They may or may not come from Mars in UFOs, but they're aliens whether they're alien greys at Area 51 or spiritual beings from another plane of existance.

Still, as for gods being alien grays that abduct humans using flying saucers, I am not a believer. It's a more realistic idea than most religions, though.
Yeah, you're right :) Gods are aliens, but by aliens I mean "little green men" style, things out of this world as opposed to out of this plane of existence. :)

I don't know if they believed in greys as such :D But the idea of aliens making humans sounds kinda cool. Which religions are the "most", you mention, which aliens are more realistic than? :D

Circle_One

My friend literally wrote the book on the Raelians. (A book, anyway). It's a good read - very respectful while at the same time forthright about what they get up to. To sum up, a chap in Montreal believes he met a bunch of aliens in France called the Elohim, and they gave him the mission of preparing humanity for the day of their return, when the faithful will be taken off the earth to another planet or something like that to start a new race. As is typical of many religious cults, the lives of the members are fairly rigidly controlled - particularly through Rael's control of his followers' sexuality.

(I see from the reviews on Amazon that the Raelians are not pleased with Susan's work. I thought she did a great job though. I think I will write a review...)

YESSSS! Leave it up to us crazies to start a new wack cult! Wooo!

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I'd be all for having a god that looked this cool:

martian2.jpg

Ever notice how much the martians from War of the Worlds look like the flying spaghetti monster?

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist

Wasn't that the premise of a Nicholas Cage film? :shrug:

Bogg

I consider myself a Raelian because I have read the books upon which their beliefs are based and came to the realisation that the answers to all my questions were finally made clear and I consider them to be true.
They are not a "cult" or "whacko" religion, on the contrary they do not force anyone to join, nor do they have communes or any such thing. They are made up of people from all walks of life like lawyers, scientists, manual laboures, office workers etc who have read the books and as myself realised the truth.
The Raelian beliefs are more sane and believable than all of the other religions because its based on a fact/concept that a more advanced race of humans seeded our planet and "created" us from their own DNA and that we are in a sense their children. As it says in the bible that God created us in his image then it stands to reason that God was human!
Elohim is a Hebrew word that originally appeared in the text the bible was written from and translates as "those that came from the sky". Elohim was replaced with the word "God" in the bible as we know it.
People thinks that the leader Rael is a nutter but if you look at any of his videos etc on Youtube and the like you'll see he is quite an intelligent and rational person.
Lets face it believing in a omnipresent God who is everywhere and created us from nothing is to me more ridiculous than believing in a race of advanced humans who created us through science just as we have the ability through science to create things ourselves through cloning etc.

The Adept

The Raelians have some very good causes. I like Rael.

I do not believe the gods were aliens or even exist - may we be happy with them;, not Elohim, from Kolob or Azathoth (the blind idiot god).

But we should get behind the Raelian causes.