• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Green Acres Fans?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Watched it all the time as a kid.

Now I have that little tune going through my head....thanks for that.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think thats is quite possibly another one that didn't survive the Atlantic crossing

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Land stretching out so far and wide!
Forget Manhattan, just give me that countryside!

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I used to watch that show frequently. It was a reaction to the Beverly Hillbilly's, where country mice move to the big city. Here, it's the city mice in the country. This one uses the formula of one sane man surrounded by assorted lunatics.

We saw something similar with All In The Family and Family Ties: Conservative parents and liberal offspring become the opposite, and hilarity ensues.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Count me as another who watched it as a kid, and now as an adult gets the theme song stuck in her head everytime she sees a Green Acres sign.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Count me as another who watched it as a kid, and now as an adult gets the theme song stuck in her head everytime she sees a Green Acres sign.
It worked because of great casting & good writing.
But that damnable laugh track....it grates.