• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

antisemitism vs anti-semitism

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It was hyphen worthy back in those days of our straw and mud huts and we could have easily confused "email" with a different word altogether that wasnt related to mail or communication. But now we know what it is, with a couple generations not having needed that distinction because they've always had email, and it's common enough that those of us who aren't digital natives easily recognize it. Ergo no more e-mail.
Spellings change.
Some day "enuf" & "thru" will be standard, eh.

gnomon

By which you mean: "l don't really care." To be honest, I'm not at all surprised.

I looked it up and see your point. Checked the Holocaust remembrance website. It's a point of contention regarding Semitic as a linguistic category whereas the term antisemitism is specifically regarding hatred of Jews.

Let me know if I read that right.

Antisemitism is a term regarding hatred of Jews but anti-Semitism is a concept against a linguistic group and regards Jews as a race.

PureX

Veteran Member
I looked it up and see your point. Checked the Holocaust remembrance website. It's a point of contention regarding Semitic as a linguistic category whereas the term antisemitism is specifically regarding hatred of Jews.

Let me know if I read that right.

Antisemitism is a term regarding hatred of Jews but anti-Semitism is a concept against a linguistic group and regards Jews as a race.
I'm pretty sure that regardless of how it's spelled, no one is assuming it's referring to an animus toward a language.