• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anthropolatry

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm going to do semantics.

In America, many people call their dad's father. If I'm talking to someone I don't know or even a friend, I use the word father. However, I only use the word dad with my intermediate family. Culture thing.

And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.​

This means, don't call anyone else god/creator because you only have one creator that is your Father (big F) Father in heaven.

Has nothing to do with the word itself. It has to do with addressing another person as if they were god/creator/F-ather.

The word "father" has nothing to do with it.

Context please.

God is not begotten. God is the Uncreated Creator, or Unbegotten Begetter

Jesus is not god; he is at best a demi-god because he was born of a woman, she too was born in the same way as Jesus and called the immaculate conception.

So all things are created of God,

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Again out of that limb as I haven't researched this but
didn't an apostle call Jesus "good" and Jesus
replied, "there is only that that is good and that is
the Father." ?

Yeah Mark 10:18.

It's my belief that Jesus didn't try to be God nor wanted worshiped

Nope. Sure didn't. If he did, he'd be contradicting himself and committing blasphemy against himself. Then, you'd have to be an idol of yourself because when jesus worshiped his father, if he is his father, he is worshiping himself. It's a tongue twister.

Can you imagine if jesus were alive today, and someone bowed down to him, what he would do? Would he forget he has a father and let christians worship him or do the same thing he did in the NT, keep referring to his father every time his disciples referred to him?

Sighs.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God is not begotten. God is the Uncreated Creator, or Unbegotten Begetter

Jesus is not god; he is at best a demi-god because he was born of a woman, she too was born in the same way as Jesus and called the immaculate conception.

So all things are created of God,

You are not addressing any of my points.

Jesus is a human not a demi-god and not god.

In scripture, he shares the divinity of his father/the creator and by faith in the creator, he does things by faith not magic.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You are not addressing any of my points.

Jesus is a human not a demi-god and not god.

In scripture, he shares the divinity of his father/the creator and by faith in the creator, he does things by faith not magic.

actually i am, you're ignoring exactly what the scriptures say because of your conditioning.

the bible doesn't say that Jesus is alone/exclusively the son of god.
the bible doesn't say that Jesus is god. Jesus was sent by God.
the bible doesn't say that Jesus is the exception. he is the pattern.
the bible doesn't condone idolatry to anyone, or anything in heaven, earth, or the sea.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You're not reading the context my posts. Maybe because we haven't talked this long, I don't know.
the bible doesn't say that Jesus is alone/exclusively the son of god.

Scripture says he is the son of god. I didn't say he was the only "son" of god given I did say that christians believe they are children of god.

What I did say is he is the only savior in scripture.

This is all in context. It's like f- ather vs. F- ather. S- on vs s-on. We have many fathers but christians say they have one Father. God has many sons, but in NT he only has one Son.

Context.

the bible doesn't say that Jesus is god. Jesus was sent by God.

Never said otherwise. You have to read my posts and see what we agree with before deciding if we disagree on something.

the bible doesn't say that Jesus is the exception. he is the pattern.

Exception to what? I don't understand the reference.

If I guessed, Jesus is only the exception because he is the savior to bring people to his father. There's nothing hard about scripture. Disagreeing with it is different than not understanding it.

the bible doesn't condone idolatry to anyone, or anything in heaven, earth, or the sea.

Never said it did. Which of my points is this referring to?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You're not reading the context my posts. Maybe because we haven't talked this long, I don't know.

Scripture says he is the son of god. I didn't say he was the only "son" of god given I did say that christians believe they are children of god.

What I did say is he is the only savior in scripture.

This is all in context. It's like f- ather vs. F- ather. S- on vs s-on. We have many fathers but christians say they have one Father. God has many sons, but in NT he only has one Son.

Context.

Never said otherwise. You have to read my posts and see what we agree with before deciding if we disagree on something.

Exception to what? I don't understand the reference.

If I guessed, Jesus is only the exception because he is the savior to bring people to his father. There's nothing hard about scripture. Disagreeing with it is different than not understanding it.

Never said it did. Which of my points is this referring to?

the scripture says to worship God that Jesus testified to. It doesn't say to worship Jesus.

At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

The Spirit of prophecy doesn't bear testimony to Jesus as God.

jesus' testimony bears witness through the Spirit of God.

Jesus was taught by God, through the Spirit and not by his own will. Jesus would not have had to change his will to align with the Father's; if he were God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Maybe this will help you out with context. I'm not christian; so, there are no conditioning to that mindset. I'm just saying plain common sense by what you read both content and context. Whatever more you read into it is your religious belief and preference.
the scripture says to worship God that Jesus testified to. It doesn't say to worship Jesus.
At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”
Which of my points is this counteracting?

The Spirit of prophecy doesn't bear testimony to Jesus as God.

Which of my posts say otherwise?

jesus' testimony bears witness through the Spirit of God.

When did I say otherwise?

Jesus was taught by God, through the Spirit and not by his own will. Jesus would not have had to change his will to align with the Father's; if he were God.

You confirmed my points again.

What are you disagreeing with?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Maybe this will help you out with context. I'm not christian; so, there are no conditioning to that mindset. I'm just saying plain common sense by what you read both content and context. Whatever more you read into it is your religious belief and preference.

Which of my points is this counteracting?

Which of my posts say otherwise?

When did I say otherwise?

You confirmed my points again.

What are you disagreeing with?

christians "say" based on scripture filtered through their own experiential minds. anyone can read the bible. reading a book doesn't make any one, anything more than a reader. 40000+ denominations of christianity alone. i wouldn't think that jesus would divvy it up to be personal. it has to work the same way for everyone, even for a non-christian.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Are christian's who worship Jesus, practicing a "form" of idolatry?

I was thinking on this the other day. Are there any God's that don't want to be worshiped or idolized.

If I created something, I would want it to be successful, useful and last but I wouldn't want it to worship me. All God's throughout history inspired worship or idolization why? You used all that energy and time to create something new just to worship you. I think we got the message wrong.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I was thinking on this the other day. Are there any God's that don't want to be worshiped or idolized.

If I created something, I would want it to be successful, useful and last but I wouldn't want it to worship me. All God's throughout history inspired worship or idolization why? You used all that energy and time to create something new just to worship you. I think we got the message wrong.

you would make a great parent with that spiritual view point.

God so loved the world, it's creation.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Perhaps, but perhaps there is nothing wrong with that either. The human mind needs a concrete focus for its attention. It is not easy to focus on a non-physical infinite God that one cannot visualize. The key is to have a form, like Jesus, that to you represents the stepping stone between you and the God of pure Love for all.
I agree, but when the bible goes all for "not worshipping physical objects/persons" (unless the author likes those things, like figures in the Temple or a magic bronze serpent or ...), then it becomes a problem. All God really had to say was "Look, I made artists, so art is cool. Just don't go confusing art with reality. 'Nuff said."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
it has to work the same way for everyone, even for a non-christian.

I agree. Many theologians and so forth interpret the Bible and not all of them are Christian. So, I don't understand why a christian would discredit the opinion and even fact of a non-christian interpreting the Bible when the very people who translated it to English where not all Christian.

So, that's just a thing that particular christian has to settle with himself given the bias of not understanding something all because one doesn't agree with it.

christians "say" based on scripture filtered through their own experiential minds. anyone can read the bible. reading a book doesn't make any one, anything more than a reader. 40000+ denominations of christianity alone. i wouldn't think that jesus would divvy it up to be personal. it has to work the same way for everyone, even for a non-christian.

But not all christian denominations do that. Catholicism focuses on interpretation of scripture via the Church; and, their view is that their interpretation has been set since the apostles compared to Protestantism that came years later.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I agree. Many theologians and so forth interpret the Bible and not all of them are Christian. So, I don't understand why a christian would discredit the opinion and even fact of a non-christian interpreting the Bible when the very people who translated it to English where not all Christian.

So, that's just a thing that particular christian has to settle with himself given the bias of not understanding something all because one doesn't agree with it.

But not all christian denominations do that. Catholicism focuses on interpretation of scripture via the Church; and, their view is that their interpretation has been set since the apostles compared to Protestantism that came years later.

the church at rome, babylon = babel, is the perpetrator of the anthropolatry and it was perpetuated through her protestant daughters.

"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For "the works" that the Father has given me to finish--"the very works" that I am doing--testify that the Father has sent me.

you can't profit from what you can't control. worship of a brand, versace, laugerfeld, gucci,. image is everything the works count for nothing.

1 Peter 5:13
The church that is at Babel(Babylon), elected together with you, salutes you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Rev 17:5
And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
the church at rome, babylon = babel, is the perpetrator of the anthropolatry and it was perpetuated through her protestant daughters.

"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For "the works" that the Father has given me to finish--"the very works" that I am doing--testify that the Father has sent me.

you can't profit from what you can't control. worship of a brand, versace, laugerfeld, gucci,. image is everything the works count for nothing.

1 Peter 5:13
The church that is at Babel(Babylon), elected together with you, salutes you; and so doth Marcus my son.

Rev 17:5
And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

Um. You are talking about the people of the Church. I know when I was part of the Church, I never would have thought people called me "The Mother of Harots and Abominations of the Earth."

That's like calling Catholics trash. I don't care for anyone talking down about The Church. I disagree with a lot of it's teachings; and, my experiences tell me not to hold look down on the Church because you are looking down on the people in the Church not a political party.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Um. You are talking about the people of the Church. I know when I was part of the Church, I never would have thought people called me "The Mother of Harots and Abominations of the Earth."

That's like calling Catholics trash. I don't care for anyone talking down about The Church. I disagree with a lot of it's teachings; and, my experiences tell me not to hold look down on the Church because you are looking down on the people in the Church not a political party.

idolatry is the abomination; which causes desolation. the idea conveyed is that of sorrow because the self is forever in service to everything and/or anyone at the exclusion of self.

17 No Israelite man or woman is to become a shrine prostitute.18 You must not bring the earnings of a female prostitute or of a male prostitute into the house of the Lord your God to pay any vow, because the Lord your God detests them both.

Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a wh0re; lest the land fall to wh0redom, and the land become full of wickedness.

wickedness = idolatry

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
idolatry is the abomination; which causes desolation. the idea conveyed is that of sorrow because the self is forever in service to everything and/or anyone at the exclusion of self.

17 No Israelite man or woman is to become a shrine prostitute.18 You must not bring the earnings of a female prostitute or of a male prostitute into the house of the Lord your God to pay any vow, because the Lord your God detests them both.

Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a wh0re; lest the land fall to wh0redom, and the land become full of wickedness.

wickedness = idolatry
What does this have to do with my point?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What does this have to do with my point?
the bible speaks of some group of people as prostitutes or harlots. anyone reading said book would know that such people are perpetuating an act that was heavily frowned upon by that culture; which is idolatry.

as the saying goes, "If the cap fits.........or the shoe."

in judaism the prophets sometimes likened israel to sodom.

or as jesus corrected the pharisees who often didn't like his reproving them.

it isn't what you wear; whether title, or clothing, or association, but what you do regarding Love that condemns/approves you.

Last edited: