• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Answered prayer or coincidence?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'd be fascinated to know the details of those stories. How did they know God was communicating with them? Did they hear an audible voice? Was anyone else around? What kind of "sign" did the second guy get? I realize you probably don't know them, but they are pretty key to figuring out what did or didn't happen.
I looked through my Conversations (private messages) on the Baha'i forum and found the two long posts that were from the first man I described (car radio experience) dated July 2017. His first message was giving me some background about his life and the second message was describing his God experience. I am debating whether I should post some of this or just try to explain it in my own words.

I was not really as impressed by the second man who had the God experience. I think it was legitimate, but he was more in his head and God did not really communicate to his heart the same way as the first man. I am sure the first man had a God experience and it sounds like some people describe near death experiences or afterlife accounts that come through mediums. I do think that God can communicate to our minds IF He chooses to and I am sure other people have experienced this, but since I do not know them personally I am not as liable to trust what they say really happened. It was the complete transformation of the first man that convinced me. Only God could be responsible for that, considering the life he had before.

I had a God experience in June 2014, but it was nothing like the experiences of these men because I already believed God existed. However, before my God experience, I had little faith that God because I did not know anything about God. The experience I had came from reading Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, and it happened shortly after I had a major crisis in my life and I wanted to die. I would never kill myself, but that is how I felt. That was a turning point in my life and I have never been the same, just like the car radio man. I have probably read the paperback of Gleanings at least five times and I am continually reading sections from it online. It is my connection to God.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
but I have a story I want to share about prayer. A good forum friend of mine had a cat who was 20 years old and that cat was in his last days owing to kidney failure. That cat meant everything to him and he told me his life would never be the same after that cat passed on. Towards the end when his cat was looking really bad and really suffering he cried out to God for help, even though he was an atheist, because intuitively he knew that was his last option. He made a deal with God that if God answered his desperate prayer, he would never rank on God again, as he had been doing, since he was a regular poster on a Christian forum and my forum ranking on Christian beliefs.

Within minutes of his prayer, the cat's droopy dribbling eyes completely cleared up and the cat got up and went over to the food dish and ate a whole lot of food and drank water. His cat walked normally, jumped up on the bed, whereas before it could barely walk. The cat passed on not long after that, but my friend told my other friend that he planned to keep his part of the bargain. He never ranked on God again, and he said he is no longer an atheist. Interestingly, his friend was so taken by what happened he now also believes in God!

This story made me think of another story. A few years ago, a poster showed up on a Baha'i forum and I came to find out he had been an atheist but now believes in God. From what he had posted I could tell his faith in God far exceeded mine so I sent him a private post and asked him what happened to him. He then told me his long story. I cannot remember every detail, but I saved it in a Word document to refer back to later. The gist of it is that he had been going through some very difficult times and he was at the end of his rope. While was driving on a country road he cried out to God for help. Almost immediately, his car radio went berserk and he got some kind of communication from God that God had heard his prayer. That man has never been the same since.

Another man I knew from forums who had been an atheist since childhood (both his parents were atheists) wanted to know if God exists so he looked up into the sky and asked for a sign. That night he got his answer.

I am sorry I cannot remember all the details because these things were posted several years ago, but that is the gist. Both these men became faithful believers. They did not join a religion right away, but shortly after they realized that God existed, they started researching religions. I do not know why the man who had the car radio experience ended up on a Baha'i forum, but the other one who looked up into the sky told us the reason he came to a Baha'i forum is because what was revealed to him that night was very similar to what Baha'is believe. That man researched the Baha'i Faith and then the Bible.

I looked through my Conversations (private messages) on the Baha'i forum and found the two long posts that were from the first man I described (car radio experience) dated July 2017. His first message was giving me some background about his life and the second message was describing his God experience. I am debating whether I should post some of this or just try to explain it in my own words.

I am sure the first man had a God experience and it sounds like some people describe near death experiences or afterlife accounts that come through mediums. I do think that God can communicate to our minds IF He chooses to and I am sure other people have experienced this, but since I do not know them personally I am not as liable to trust what they say really happened. It was the complete transformation of the first man that convinced me. Only God could be responsible for that, considering the life he had before.

I had a God experience in June 2014, but it was nothing like the experiences of these men because I already believed God existed. However, before my God experience, I had little faith that God because I did not know anything about God. The experience I had came from reading Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, and it happened shortly after I had a major crisis in my life and I wanted to die. I would never kill myself, but that is how I felt. That was a turning point in my life and I have never been the same, just like the car radio man. I have probably read the paperback of Gleanings at least five times and I am continually reading sections from it online. It is my connection to God.
All these childish, superstitious stories to sell "Gleanings From the Writings of Bahaollah"? Similar stories from Christians too where atheists accepted Christianity. The people who surrender to God are always mentioned as atheists. That seems to be the standard selling point. :)

Last edited:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It was the complete transformation of the first man that convinced me. Only God could be responsible for that, considering the life he had before.

Fascinating. What does "complete transformation" mean? This is a guy you only know online, right? You've never met him?

How did you determine that only God could cause this "complete transformation?"

Well for one thing, I'm glad you no longer want to die. I like having you around. :glomp: If maintaining your faith is what keeps those feelings at bay, then I understand.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Fascinating. What does "complete transformation" mean? This is a guy you only know online, right? You've never met him?

How did you determine that only God could cause this "complete transformation?"
If II told you the whole story you might understand. I have no doubt whatsoever it was God, because there really was no other logical explanation. If you want, I can try to paraphrase what he told me. I do not think he would mind and I think he would like it if his story might help other people.
Well for one thing, I'm glad you no longer want to die. I like having you around. :glomp: If maintaining your faith is what keeps those feelings at bay, then I understand.
Thank you, it is good to know I serve some purpose, because right now I am feeling very lost and alone. :( I do not want to die most of the time, but I want to die today. I cannot say it is my faith that keeps me going, but it does keep me from killing myself, it has several times.

In spite of the suffering God allows, He seems to send wonderful people my way to help me, people I would deem angels. I think God knew who to send, when and to where. This has happened more than once and coincidences like this just don't happen. I am still going to have an uphill climb to survive this but knowing there is help from other people is how I will survive.

I wish God would pay me a visit right now as He did for that man with the car radio, but so far He has not contacted me directly, only through other people. I guess maybe I need to put in a request, it couldn't hurt. :rolleyes:

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
If II told you the whole story you might understand. I have no doubt whatsoever it was God, because there really was no other logical explanation. If you want, I can try to paraphrase what he told me. I do not think he would mind and I think he would like it if his story might help other people.

If you wish, feel free.

Thank you, it is good to know I serve some purpose, because right now I am feeling very lost and alone. :( I do not want to die most of the time, but I want to die today. I cannot say it is my faith that keeps me going, but it does keep me from killing myself, it has several times.

I'm so sorry. :( Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I wish God would pay me a visit right now as He did for that man with the car radio, but so far He has not contacted me directly, only through other people. I guess maybe I need to put in a request, it couldn't hurt. :rolleyes:

While you're putting in requests, add my name to the list please. ;)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you wish, feel free.
I probably will, if not tonight, tomorrow.
I'm so sorry. :( Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Thank you so much, you are so kind.
While you're putting in requests, add my name to the list please. ;)
I will, and actually the Baha'i Faith has special prayers for these things, a whole prayer book full of prayers, but me being the rather recalcitrant believer, I do not say them enough. :rolleyes:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Trailblazer said: If II told you the whole story you might understand. I have no doubt whatsoever it was God, because there really was no other logical explanation. If you want, I can try to paraphrase what he told me. I do not think he would mind and I think he would like it if his story might help other people.

If you wish, feel free.
Here is that story I promised you, put in my own words. First I will give you a little background that he gave me.

He said that from early childhood up until what happened he was an atheist or agnostic. He remembers thinking at a young age that there couldn't be a God because pain and suffering seemed to be observable everywhere.

At an early age he recognized pain as an electronic signal of sorts and in doing so he was able to train himself to endure quite a bit of it. I turned myself off emotionally somehow, letting little really affect me. He began to realize that anger and pain could be channeled and used as strength and motivation but not being spiritual in any way, he did not realize the ramifications this could have later.

In his mid twenties he realized that he had learned all his lessons the hard way, not taking any advice from anyone. Constant personal failure and disappointment caused self loathing and severe drug addiction made it worse. Though he had strength, he could not stop by his own well and he hated pretty much everything, mostly himself. He was angry for years, even before serious drug addiction.

Somewhere in the midst of all this he recalled sincerely swallowing his misplaced pride which was all but gone already, and asking for help. Once he pleaded to God, Christ, Jesus, whatever. He got no answer at that time.

Then later, he was contemplating killing his girlfriend because he thought the son that had together would be better off without her, but something happened that intervened with that plan.

That is some of the back story, there is a lot more but this gives you the background.

He did not recall if it was the next day or a couple of days later, after he attempted to kill his girlfriend, that he was driving home from work on a usual road and listening to the radio as he drove. Then the radio faded out to silence. This had never happened before. He adjusted the station and volume to no avail whatsoever, only silence.

Then suddenly and inexplicably he felt this great weight, this huge burden lifted from him. His anger, pain, and hatred were removed all at once. He was overwhelmed with joy as tears flowed freely from his eyes, something that had never happened to him before. He was utterly and wholly grateful and thanked God. Many things began to come into his mind, things he never even fathomed. He was shown in his mind how God had been with him through all things he had endured. He was shown how every step in his life had been for a reason and that God had been ever present through it all regardless of his obliviousness to it. He was shown how God was there before his conception and through his troubled birth. He was shown that he was here for a reason and that all he had been through was for a reason. Many understandings and revelations took place. Then things stopped coming into his mind. An utter peace never thought possible was with him. A joyous expectation of life filled him.

The radio faded back in to the same station and volume it had been at. He felt the strong urge to write down what had taken place. When he got home, I found the nearest utensils at hand and began writing intending to describe the happenings that had taken place. This all happened when he was thirty and he I never really looked at those writings again for about four years at which time he started reading the bible. He had never read the bible or really even heard it prior to writing what he wrote.

He closed with saying that regardless of what happens to him for whatever reasons, he will never forget that miraculous event that took place in his life by the grace and mercy of God.
All praise and thanks is to God.

I sure wish I could feel this way about God, but God never came to me like that. I am expected to “just believe” based upon my religion. I do believe, but I have no heartfelt sentiments towards God. :(

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
People tend to infer meaning from statistically unlikely scenarios that is simply unwarranted.

Statistically unlikely things are guaranteed to happen, purely by chance, a small percentage of the time. There are 7+ billion people in the world, engaging in literally billions of financial transactions daily. With that volume, serendipitous numerical coincidences are statistically certain. The fact that you donated a certain amount of money to your church or wherever, and then got that same amount of money in a sale, is of course an unlikely coincidence. But you have no rational reason to think it's more than that.

How does giving me wings "crush my will utterly?"

Then you didn't read it very carefully. Blood pattern, addressed. Anatomical features, addressed. Coins on the eyes, addressed. First historical mention, addressed.

Which peer reviewed study of the Shroud has concluded that, "the shroud contains extraordinary evidence for being the burial cloth (and resurrection cloth) of Jesus Christ?"

I'm self-aware of possible apophenia or pareidolia, of possible bias, of possible self-delusion, however, I also know what constitutes reasonable evidence, miracle claims/supernatural events, and statistical significance. Summed differently, I know God personally, and am aware of God. I wish you were, too, certainly. But the bias we both face is prevalent, cultural. For example, I see Yosemite or the Milky Way and see (subjective beauty) and you think because of our Western education, "How remarkable the natural mechanisms that formed such beauty." And I didn't say getting the same amount in a sale was the ONLY such occurrence. God has done many, many, many financial things in my life that are, in sum, highly statistically significant.

Sometimes God provides a skeptic with a miracle, toward repentance, however:

1) There is always room for subjective doubt (Jesus just appeared to me, so I must be deluded or high)

2) God guides gently, rather than pressing on you so greatly you lose free will choice

3) I cannot find even one biblical miracle that was merely to show off, the Exodus miracles ended slavery and birthed a nation, Jesus fed hungry people and healed ill people, etc. and sprouting wings offers you unnatural life advantage without fulfilling a felt or tangible need IMHO

I'm not aware of peer-reviewed works that give credence to the supernatural properties of the shroud. The scientific, reasonable conclusion is that it was the true burial cloth of a 1st century victim of scourging and crucifixion. The Bible and historical records adds that people saw the burial cloth and head cloth/sudarion and "believed".

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm self-aware of possible apophenia or pareidolia, of possible bias, of possible self-delusion, however, I also know what constitutes reasonable evidence, miracle claims/supernatural events, and statistical significance.

What constitutes evidence for a miracle or supernatural event?

Summed differently, I know God personally, and am aware of God. I wish you were, too, certainly.

Understood, I'm just trying to get to how you "know" him.

But the bias we both face is prevalent, cultural. For example, I see Yosemite or the Milky Way and see (subjective beauty) and you think because of our Western education, "How remarkable the natural mechanisms that formed such beauty."

LOL. I wouldn't assume that you know me. I'm capable of appreciating things as subjectively beautiful, and I do all the time. But the thing is, understanding the natural mechanisms that caused those things doesn't detract from their beauty. Learning accurate information about things helps me understand and appreciate them that much more.

And I didn't say getting the same amount in a sale was the ONLY such occurrence. God has done many, many, many financial things in my life that are, in sum, highly statistically significant.

Well the thing is, 1,000 pieces of cow dung don't add up to a mountain of gold. That's why I asked for a specific example. You keep throwing around the term "statistical significance," but I have yet to see the math that led you to that conclusion. I would have to know some more of your financial situation to be able to do the math specifically, but the idea that the situation you described could have simply happened by chance seems quite plausible. So if all the "many, many financial things" that have happened to you are like this one, you haven't demonstrated statistical significance.

And even if you did encounter different situations that were very unlikely to be caused by chance, that doesn't tell us anything about what the non-random causal mechanism actually was. That requires a demonstration of more than statistical significance.

Sometimes God provides a skeptic with a miracle, toward repentance, however:

1) There is always room for subjective doubt (Jesus just appeared to me, so I must be deluded or high)

This is true of all things we experience, so I don't mind that. It's a question of degree of doubt, based on the strength of the verifiable evidence. If the Virgin Mary appeared to you, and only you, and there's no physical evidence of this encounter, you should be seriously doubting whether you actually chatted it up with Jesus' mom.

2) God guides gently, rather than pressing on you so greatly you lose free will choice

"Free will" is an illusion, and frankly is not even Biblical (if that's your standard). Our beliefs are not choices.

3) I cannot find even one biblical miracle that was merely to show off, the Exodus miracles ended slavery and birthed a nation, Jesus fed hungry people and healed ill people, etc. and sprouting wings offers you unnatural life advantage without fulfilling a felt or tangible need IMHO

Got it, so the issue is not that wings would "crush my will," it's that God would be "showing off" if he did that for me. So what miracles am I allowed to ask you to pray for?

I'm not aware of peer-reviewed works that give credence to the supernatural properties of the shroud.

I see, so your previous statement was not based on scientific evidence, it was based on your theology.

The scientific, reasonable conclusion is that it was the true burial cloth of a 1st century victim of scourging and crucifixion. The Bible and historical records adds that people saw the burial cloth and head cloth/sudarion and "believed".

That's not the "scientific, reasonable conclusion" of numerous scientists who have actually studied it. And even if that were the case, that doesn't get you anywhere near it being specifically the burial cloth of Jesus Christ.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What constitutes evidence for a miracle or supernatural event?

Understood, I'm just trying to get to how you "know" him.

LOL. I wouldn't assume that you know me. I'm capable of appreciating things as subjectively beautiful, and I do all the time. But the thing is, understanding the natural mechanisms that caused those things doesn't detract from their beauty. Learning accurate information about things helps me understand and appreciate them that much more.

Well the thing is, 1,000 pieces of cow dung don't add up to a mountain of gold. That's why I asked for a specific example. You keep throwing around the term "statistical significance," but I have yet to see the math that led you to that conclusion. I would have to know some more of your financial situation to be able to do the math specifically, but the idea that the situation you described could have simply happened by chance seems quite plausible. So if all the "many, many financial things" that have happened to you are like this one, you haven't demonstrated statistical significance.

And even if you did encounter different situations that were very unlikely to be caused by chance, that doesn't tell us anything about what the non-random causal mechanism actually was. That requires a demonstration of more than statistical significance.

This is true of all things we experience, so I don't mind that. It's a question of degree of doubt, based on the strength of the verifiable evidence. If the Virgin Mary appeared to you, and only you, and there's no physical evidence of this encounter, you should be seriously doubting whether you actually chatted it up with Jesus' mom.

"Free will" is an illusion, and frankly is not even Biblical (if that's your standard). Our beliefs are not choices.

Got it, so the issue is not that wings would "crush my will," it's that God would be "showing off" if he did that for me. So what miracles am I allowed to ask you to pray for?

I see, so your previous statement was not based on scientific evidence, it was based on your theology.

That's not the "scientific, reasonable conclusion" of numerous scientists who have actually studied it. And even if that were the case, that doesn't get you anywhere near it being specifically the burial cloth of Jesus Christ.

How I know Jesus is inwardly. We communicate. You can either assume all persons' experiences are the same as yours, or allow for differences.

I would be happy to pray for a miracle where there is a need, as discussed. Financial need? Family need? And I'll pray that God's response to prayer goes beyond the typical/natural.

It is statistically significant when knowledge/finances/family/life situations, etc. are resolved not merely successfully, but triumphantly, thousands of times. I have thousands of iterations of prayer and answers to prayer, and blessings.

I've shown some math already. Knowing for a year if I wear black or brown shoes is 2^365, an enormous number demonstrating statistical significance. I've seen "enough", enough love, enough relationships, enough times where God has given me, for example, a word of knowledge, and I told a stranger I knew their parent has a terminal disease and could I pray for them? and etc. with enough specificity and accuracy (100% when I get a prompting that God wants to tell me something about a stranger) to disbelieve.

I attend a weekly small group in an evangelical church--you know the kind. The leader spends something like half his time in Asia leading prayer and gospel services. Routinely, people coming with ailments are healed, up to hundreds of people at a go. People come in on crutches and walk out without crutches. This is in impoverished Asia where the preacher risks imprisonment so we are discreet on social media and etc., no money is given at the services, and none is taken from anyone stateside to fund the travel. There is no fiscal reason or agenda to defraud anyone.

Further, I have a number of friends and ministry contacts who go to Asia or elsewhere to remote villages, and rather than preach, they invite locals for prayer, which locals love, healings and exorcisms go out immediately verifying the speaker as from God, and new churches are planted.

I'll be quiet online in a week or so to visit Europe and Israel, co-leading a group tour. We visit the ruins of Capernaum, one of a triangle of cities Jesus cursed for unbelief, which cities were destroyed by earthquakes and conquerors hundreds of years after the NT was published, while other formerly Roman-razed villages and cities live again, even today. The western mindset is literally blocking miracles and blessings, but where Asians are ravaged by demonic pagan religions, poverty, and totalitarian regimes, astounding numbers are coming to Christ.

I gave multiple reasons for the Shroud's authenticity, a few of which were addressed in the article you posted. I would think "the threads are colored/discolored, entire cross-hatched threads, at a level you can see only when using an electron microscope" and etc. are more compelling than "look at this dismissive wiki". I mention the shroud proofs to you because I grew up in our rationalist/enlightened/skeptical/Western culture, same as you, and that's where that is coming from. But would you challenge me for peer-review proof if I said "I love you and Jesus loves you?" How about "Do you ask your partner for peer-reviewed proof that they love you?"

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
How I know Jesus is inwardly. We communicate. You can either assume all persons' experiences are the same as yours, or allow for differences.

You know what, Zeus talls to me inwardly. Tells me things all the time. Do you believe me? You're not assuming all people's experiences are the same as yours, are you?

I would be happy to pray for a miracle where there is a need, as discussed. Financial need? Family need? And I'll pray that God's response to prayer goes beyond the typical/natural.

Well, no, that's not actually what you originally discussed, you moved the goalpost. But okay - here's a massively easier one, my student loans. I would like them completely paid off, tomorrow. They're a quite onerous financial burden. And not paid off through some "mysterious" means that no one can figure out or an anonymous check in the mail. I would like it to be clear that it was your deity who paid them off.

It is statistically significant when knowledge/finances/family/life situations, etc. are resolved not merely successfully, but triumphantly, thousands of times.

I don't know what, "not merely successfully, but thiumphantly" means.

I have thousands of iterations of prayer and answers to prayer, and blessings.

If your "answers to prayer" and "blessings" are akin to the one you shared - no, you don't. You havent demonstrated statistical significance.

I've shown some math already. Knowing for a year if I wear black or brown shoes is 2^365, an enormous number demonstrating statistical significance.

Lol yes, that was math about a hypothetical situation that hasn't actually occurred. I'm talking about the things that have actually happened to you

I've seen "enough", enough love, enough relationships, enough times where God has given me, for example, a word of knowledge, and I told a stranger I knew their parent has a terminal disease and could I pray for them? and etc. with enough specificity and accuracy (100% when I get a prompting that God wants to tell me something about a stranger) to disbelieve.

The devil is in the details, no pun intended. Lots of adults have parents with a terminal illness (turns out, the situation is terminal for us all, eventually ;) ).

I attend a weekly small group in an evangelical church--you know the kind. The leader spends something like half his time in Asia leading prayer and gospel services. Routinely, people coming with ailments are healed, up to hundreds of people at a go. People come in on crutches and walk out without crutches. This is in impoverished Asia where the preacher risks imprisonment so we are discreet on social media and etc., no money is given at the services, and none is taken from anyone stateside to fund the travel. There is no fiscal reason or agenda to defraud anyone.

Why doesn't he do the same thing outside Asia? Has it ever been videoed? Verified before and after by a physician or scientific researcher? If that guy actually has miraculous powers to heal any disease, he should spend his time going from hospital to hospital curing people, and not just in the third world. If we can examine his abilities we can perhaps discover their mechanism so we can help even more people.

See, that's what any caring person with actual miracle healing powers, who actually cares about healing people, would do. So why doesn't your small group leader do that?

Further, I have a number of friends and ministry contacts who go to Asia or elsewhere to remote villages, and rather than preach, they invite locals for prayer, which locals love, healings and exorcisms go out immediately verifying the speaker as from God, and new churches are planted.

How does healing someone verify the speaker, "came from God?"

I'll be quiet online in a week or so to visit Europe and Israel, co-leading a group tour. We visit the ruins of Capernaum, one of a triangle of cities Jesus cursed for unbelief, which cities were destroyed by earthquakes and conquerors hundreds of years after the NT was published, while other formerly Roman-razed villages and cities live again, even today. [/quote]

Capernaum is a tourist site for Christians. They want to see the ancient ruins, synagogues, Peter's alleged house, etc. You dont think Stonehenge or the Coliseum has a curse on it too, do you?

I gave multiple reasons for the Shroud's authenticity, a few of which were addressed in the article you posted. I would think "the threads are colored/discolored, entire cross-hatched threads, at a level you can see only when using an electron microscope" and etc. are more compelling than "look at this dismissive wiki".

You mentioned a few things from memory, non of which demonstrates your claim, and nearly all of which were discredited by the actual evidence which the wiki article actually cites. So yes, very very obviously I accepted the cited research over your memory/opinion. I'd be a fool not to.

But would you challenge me for peer-review proof if I said "I love you and Jesus loves you?" How about "Do you ask your partner for peer-reviewed proof that they love you?"

People loving each other is a completely ordinary, daily experience that we all have experience with. Similarly, if you tell me you have a pet cat, I'm going to be inclined to believe you pretty easily, because that's a known, common phenomenon. If you tell me you have a pet stegosaurus, then very obviously, I'm gonna need some more robust evidence than your say-so to buy that. So yes, if you want me to believe that you know of a magic burial cloth that contains the face of your God who died and came back to life - yea I'm very obviously going to need some incredibly strong evidence to buy that.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You know what, Zeus talls to me inwardly. Tells me things all the time. Do you believe me? You're not assuming all people's experiences are the same as yours, are you?

Well, no, that's not actually what you originally discussed, you moved the goalpost. But okay - here's a massively easier one, my student loans. I would like them completely paid off, tomorrow. They're a quite onerous financial burden. And not paid off through some "mysterious" means that no one can figure out or an anonymous check in the mail. I would like it to be clear that it was your deity who paid them off.

I don't know what, "not merely successfully, but thiumphantly" means.

If your "answers to prayer" and "blessings" are akin to the one you shared - no, you don't. You havent demonstrated statistical significance.

Lol yes, that was math about a hypothetical situation that hasn't actually occurred. I'm talking about the things that have actually happened to you

The devil is in the details, no pun intended. Lots of adults have parents with a terminal illness (turns out, the situation is terminal for us all, eventually ;) ).

Why doesn't he do the same thing outside Asia? Has it ever been videoed? Verified before and after by a physician or scientific researcher? If that guy actually has miraculous powers to heal any disease, he should spend his time going from hospital to hospital curing people, and not just in the third world. If we can examine his abilities we can perhaps discover their mechanism so we can help even more people.

See, that's what any caring person with actual miracle healing powers, who actually cares about healing people, would do. So why doesn't your small group leader do that?

How does healing someone verify the speaker, "came from God?"

I'll be quiet online in a week or so to visit Europe and Israel, co-leading a group tour. We visit the ruins of Capernaum, one of a triangle of cities Jesus cursed for unbelief, which cities were destroyed by earthquakes and conquerors hundreds of years after the NT was published, while other formerly Roman-razed villages and cities live again, even today.

Capernaum is a tourist site for Christians. They want to see the ancient ruins, synagogues, Peter's alleged house, etc. You dont think Stonehenge or the Coliseum has a curse on it too, do you?

You mentioned a few things from memory, non of which demonstrates your claim, and nearly all of which were discredited by the actual evidence which the wiki article actually cites. So yes, very very obviously I accepted the cited research over your memory/opinion. I'd be a fool not to.

People loving each other is a completely ordinary, daily experience that we all have experience with. Similarly, if you tell me you have a pet cat, I'm going to be inclined to believe you pretty easily, because that's a known, common phenomenon. If you tell me you have a pet stegosaurus, then very obviously, I'm gonna need some more robust evidence than your say-so to buy that. So yes, if you want me to believe that you know of a magic burial cloth that contains the face of your God who died and came back to life - yea I'm very obviously going to need some incredibly strong evidence to buy that.[/QUOTE]

1) Zeus lacks documentarians, fulfilled prophecy, followers and many other things. You can present many other gods besides Zeus, their nonexistence does not invalidate the truth claims of Christ (atheists and born agains are close, 0 gods vs. 1 god only). J

2) I prayed about your loans! God said He WILL rescind them tomorrow if you WILL then immediately trust Him for salvation! Great news for both the loan and you, I think! Yay! I wish you much luck and blessing for tomorrow! Let’s see what happens!

3) Sorry, meant “triumphantly”.

4) The things that have occurred to me are better than choosing from amongst shoe colors.

5) Lots of adults have terminal diseases. I’m talking about things like when I’m kind in witnessing and someone is relentlessly malevolent (in person), and God says to me, “His dad is dying of cancer!” and I inquire, and wind up with a calm person, when we’ve prayed together for his dad to heal of the cancer the person “has told me” about! 100% accuracy in those times when God gives me what is called by Paul “a word of special knowledge”. Other Christians have likewise address my life situations, even things I’ve shared with no one else, not the wife or kids or anyone.

6) He has done similar outside Asia. He and others do make hospital calls when so prompted. Understand this power is transacted via God, so if God says, “Go to X hospital today to heal Bill,” he goes and does. I understand your response but the assumptions were a) the person with healing powers doesn’t care (he does) and b) this power is limited in scope (it is to those whom God calls). Yes, videos are taken, I don’t share them with people when directed not to do so (as mentioned, he could be imprisoned or sent from the country and discretion is warranted). I think verification may be available to you locally, though (go to a healing church and get some healing performed on you or a loved one).

7) Re: “How does healing someone verify the speaker, "came from God?"” – the people starting a new church in India or wherever say, “Who needs healing prayer in the name of Jesus, the true, living God,” then a bunch of people are healed locally, and many converts are made. Biblically, three verifications show a (scriptural) prophet, by the way, a) their prophecies come to pass b) they promote the worship of Jehovah only c) supernatural miracles follow them.

8) Stonehenge and the Coliseum still stand (I will see the Roman Coliseum in about a week as we stop for some days in Rome before Israel, so I’ll verify in person. J). Capernaum was cursed and is ruins. The Coliseum and Stonehenge are sites showing what they were and demonstrating purpose and use. Capernaum is debris.

9) I’m familiar with Shroud apologetics and the counter-arguments. The counter-arguments are not compelling, but if you want to go through one area of research at a time, that would be fine.

10) You rightly cited the difference between an ordinary occurrence that is prevalent and an alleged, rare occurrence. The universe is all (prevalent) and we encounter it in part of whole every waking moment (ordinary). We both agree the universe exists. What is it’s origin, do you think?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When a human male as that human says I will name metal radiation as radiation.

And I will claim that everything else is some form of radiating body for it came from burning, cooled and evolved.

And says a Universe by his male theory.

Yet in that same determined theme he says O mass and O maths and also says God quite a lot as a scientist.

And says and God created the Universe, yet today he says God the particle created the Universe.

And you would wonder why were he lives standing of a body of God O as mass, that he says was the name God and has told that story for a very long time. O an entity in science he says is a God O body...and the bodies of God O vary he said, as that science self.

A created Universe he says is the highest form of the Universe, being its coldest form.

And then talks about heat....which he applies as that same scientist and says and I use heated radiation attacks to change what is cold.

So he says beginning and end. If the Universe began from heat it could not become cold....a very simple fact.

Why he said God and the unknown of God...yet determined that God, just as his own self had come out of an eternal body that released O creation and also self.

And he knows that his owned life, only exists after the life of a monkey.

Yet he talks about a God O planetary history of first science realization O cold fused God planet....his want to be a scientist...his want of change.

So he says and science began as a hot dense state....seeing the whole time, a scientist is only doing science, only performing science and is not creating any Universe, and has a true ego problem....for he only ever was just thinking.

And what he always said was relative, being a science term, meant God O the stone planet, was relative, the history of how it gained its heavenly gas mass was relative. The nature garden was relative, his human male and female self, relative as was the animal life relative....but are all variations to his belief of being relative to his natural life self presence.

And somehow owns a problem thinking about relative today.

If a male says, I can only own my own life after every natural created circumstance evolved to its owned highest state...coldest state.

And I live and own a life after all of the coldest states existed.

Therefore he could only have come from some place that was higher than the extreme cold itself.

And he said that it was eternal. And he came into creation after all of the cold states that say O God were owned and formed in mass bodies....to be the highest forms.

So it was easy to agree that creation came from a spiritual place and that God O fell out of that place and body.

For when he did science burning evil spirits manifested. Which proved to his self that his life came from a higher spiritual place....for burning spirits proved that information to his scientific life.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
1) Zeus lacks documentarians,
So does Jesus.

fulfilled prophecy,
So does Jesus.

followers

Argument ad populum

You can present many other gods besides Zeus, their nonexistence does not invalidate the truth claims of Christ (atheists and born agains are close, 0 gods vs. 1 god only).

And you can claim you "know" Jesus or he talks to you, but that doesn't make it true any more than my claim that Zeus talks to me.

2) I prayed about your loans! God said He WILL rescind them tomorrow if you WILL then immediately trust Him for salvation! Great news for both the loan and you, I think! Yay! I wish you much luck and blessing for tomorrow! Let’s see what happens!

LOLOLOL. More strings attached all of sudden, eh? Well then your god is profoundly silly! He should know as well as anyone that I can't just choose to "immediately trust him for salvation," even if he did pay off my loans. Beliefs aren't choices. So either your god is profoundly mistaken about how human beliefs work, or your phone line to god must be broken, or your god doesn't exist. Which is it?

3) Sorry, meant “triumphantly”.

Still doesn't help me know what that means.

4) The things that have occurred to me are better than choosing from amongst shoe colors.

So far, doesn't look that way.

5) Lots of adults have terminal diseases. I’m talking about things like when I’m kind in witnessing and someone is relentlessly malevolent (in person), and God says to me, “His dad is dying of cancer!” and I inquire, and wind up with a calm person, when we’ve prayed together for his dad to heal of the cancer the person “has told me” about! 100% accuracy in those times when God gives me what is called by Paul “a word of special knowledge”. Other Christians have likewise address my life situations, even things I’ve shared with no one else, not the wife or kids or anyone.

The probability that a person's parent has cancer isn't changed by whether they're hostile to you or you're witnessing to them or praying with them. The probability remains identical. So, again, lots of adults' parents have cancer. Have you actually calculated what the chances that a random person's parent has cancer are?

6) He has done similar outside Asia. He and others do make hospital calls when so prompted. Understand this power is transacted via God, so if God says, “Go to X hospital today to heal Bill,” he goes and does.

Really? Have doctors studied his results? Have they published any research on it? If not, why not?

I understand your response but the assumptions were a) the person with healing powers doesn’t care (he does) and b) this power is limited in scope (it is to those whom God calls).

If a person actually has magical healing powers, if they care about other people, healing others would and should consume their entire life. They would easily become famous and be recognized everywhere they go for their well-documented abilities. The fact that this small group leader of yours has not been recognized by medical professionals for his inexplicable miracle healing powers at every hospital he's ever visited suggests that something is amiss. Inevitably, when investigated these individuals cannot replicate their alleged abilities and medical professionals cannot confirm that they have any special ability to heal anyone.

Yes, videos are taken, I don’t share them with people when directed not to do so (as mentioned, he could be imprisoned or sent from the country and discretion is warranted). I think verification may be available to you locally, though (go to a healing church and get some healing performed on you or a loved one).

:facepalm: Oy.

"Healing churches" are well-known ruses. There's a reason competent medical professionals don't recommend miracle prayers from the local "healing church" when people come to them to treat their ailments. They don't work.

7) Re: “How does healing someone verify the speaker, "came from God?"” – the people starting a new church in India or wherever say, “Who needs healing prayer in the name of Jesus, the true, living God,” then a bunch of people are healed locally, and many converts are made. Biblically, three verifications show a (scriptural) prophet, by the way, a) their prophecies come to pass b) they promote the worship of Jehovah only c) supernatural miracles follow them.

We've been over this. The Bible is claims. How do you know those claims are correct? Even if we grant for a moment that people are somehow being inexplicably healed, how do you know the healer got their abilities from a god?

8) Stonehenge and the Coliseum still stand (I will see the Roman Coliseum in about a week as we stop for some days in Rome before Israel, so I’ll verify in person. J). Capernaum was cursed and is ruins. The Coliseum and Stonehenge are sites showing what they were and demonstrating purpose and use. Capernaum is debris.

A weird distinction you're trying to make to strain at theological relevance. All are tourist attractions of ancient, defunct sites that are preserved for their historical value that people enjoy visiting. Same with ancient Aztec and Mayan ruins in Latin America.

9) I’m familiar with Shroud apologetics and the counter-arguments. The counter-arguments are not compelling, but if you want to go through one area of research at a time, that would be fine.

LOL, it was you who brought up the Shroud, did you forget? You rattled off some apologetics points by memory, I linked to an article that cites the actual research which contradicted you. After some follow-up questioning, you admitted that the most you could even hypothetically conclude from the research, even if all the research was on your side, is that it's a burial cloth of someone from the 1st century who was impaled or crucified in some way. Cool. How does that demonstrate anything supernatural?

10) You rightly cited the difference between an ordinary occurrence that is prevalent and an alleged, rare occurrence. The universe is all (prevalent) and we encounter it in part of whole every waking moment (ordinary). We both agree the universe exists. What is it’s origin, do you think?

I have no idea to be honest, and we may never know. What does that have to do with anything we've been talking about? Or are you just jumping to the next apologetics topic since nothing else you've tried yet has worked?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
So does Jesus.

So does Jesus.

Argument ad populum

And you can claim you "know" Jesus or he talks to you, but that doesn't make it true any more than my claim that Zeus talks to me.

LOLOLOL. More strings attached all of sudden, eh? Well then your god is profoundly silly! He should know as well as anyone that I can't just choose to "immediately trust him for salvation," even if he did pay off my loans. Beliefs aren't choices. So either your god is profoundly mistaken about how human beliefs work, or your phone line to god must be broken, or your god doesn't exist. Which is it?

The probability that a person's parent has cancer isn't changed by whether they're hostile to you or you're witnessing to them or praying with them. The probability remains identical. So, again, lots of adults' parents have cancer. Have you actually calculated what the chances that a random person's parent has cancer are?

Really? Have doctors studied his results? Have they published any research on it? If not, why not?

If a person actually has magical healing powers, if they care about other people, healing others would and should consume their entire life. They would easily become famous and be recognized everywhere they go for their well-documented abilities. The fact that this small group leader of yours has not been recognized by medical professionals for his inexplicable miracle healing powers at every hospital he's ever visited suggests that something is amiss. Inevitably, when investigated these individuals cannot replicate their alleged abilities and medical professionals cannot confirm that they have any special ability to heal anyone.

"Healing churches" are well-known ruses. There's a reason competent medical professionals don't recommend miracle prayers from the local "healing church" when people come to them to treat their ailments. They don't work.

We've been over this. The Bible is claims. How do you know those claims are correct? Even if we grant for a moment that people are somehow being inexplicably healed, how do you know the healer got their abilities from a god?

A weird distinction you're trying to make to strain at theological relevance. All are tourist attractions of ancient, defunct sites that are preserved for their historical value that people enjoy visiting. Same with ancient Aztec and Mayan ruins in Latin America.

LOL, it was you who brought up the Shroud, did you forget? You rattled off some apologetics points by memory, I linked to an article that cites the actual research which contradicted you. After some follow-up questioning, you admitted that the most you could even hypothetically conclude from the research, even if all the research was on your side, is that it's a burial cloth of someone from the 1st century who was impaled or crucified in some way. Cool. How does that demonstrate anything supernatural?

I have no idea to be honest, and we may never know. What does that have to do with anything we've been talking about? Or are you just jumping to the next apologetics topic since nothing else you've tried yet has worked?

As a healer seeing miracles, and being involved in spirit studies I learnt how closely affected we are in our shared human DNA life experiences.

And spiritually I was always taught every single one life lived is part of a bigger message for everyone.

And that included humans who thought self powerfully evil and enabled to do evil to others...as a life inclusion interactive circumstance of cause and effect that we NEVER ever controlled, instead it controls us, advises us and we are psychic and advised.

Therefore we are intricately a DNA patterned living self human bio experience of a living condition that is interactive to the circumstance of such information as witnessing other life in attack in dreams, hearing them crying out for assistance spiritually as that self.

And GOD the angel.

So I know that the history of what we never owned and was taken from us, has a place in our life....a spirit that had been formed due to our own losses.

Water and oxygen bio microbial mass that was taken into cloud extra formation of that mass with a speaking recording and a self present image and aware spiritual being.

Angels, who I never personally believed in are real to their own condition of why they exist.

And it is like family members who died early, never got to live a full human life, due to extra cloud mass having to form in radiation fall out. An alter condition had been formed that relates to our own spirits, the spirits of animals and the spirits of Nature.

And it is real, for I have been witness to its action.

And it is like a family member who died early is doing a service to the living family until their natural life span expires...as the truth of it.

So if a human baby dies...the rest of their life is spent as a manifested angel...due to the radiation effect that made their life sick in the conditions of....as the truth of phenomena and ancient causes.

And that spiritual being will be present in our natural life up until the time when human life and DNA evolves without nuclear science ever being practiced again...for we were promised that it would be stopped, so that we can regain our natural health.

And if you do not care to believe in it......I learnt from personal choice, experience and it is only experience and study that allows research to exist as personal proof...and spiritual humanity care less what any irrational nuclear scientist thinks about an evil spirit becoming a holy spirit....as if it were ever real.

When it is not even true.

Our human parents explained to my natural life, as a baby who nearly died....so I came close to that realization as a human my own self. I lived with the presence of Doctors who had died who as that spiritual phenomena body, still give community services to the humanity and they give of their own bodies by their own choices...for it is like being given another spiritual life, from a self who had lost it.

And as they always advised my life, it is their choice if they do or do not assist someone else...and many humans who came for healing were not assisted, and yet others were given miraculous healing. So I never doubted spirit, but as I never bothered to study it scientifically to give a science reasoning to it....I never did. For since when does science own any reason for that situation, unless they do want to understand it, to claim that they can manipulate it for self gain...a machine.

So it is real, I never believed. I did not believe in any God stories. I thought the story of Jesus was truly an evil story. I learnt why angelic presences existed and I learnt that science in its first practice, took our whole life away from us....put our ownership of water/oxygen and microbes into the clouds, and that angels formed in that historic event.

Human reasoning....because creation came factually from a pre existing spiritual body...that lost it to destruction and transformation.

So angels exist, and so do conjured evil spirits, all in the name of human chosen male science history.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
As a healer seeing miracles, and being involved in spirit studies I learnt how closely affected we are in our shared human DNA life experiences.

And spiritually I was always taught every single one life lived is part of a bigger message for everyone.

And that included humans who thought self powerfully evil and enabled to do evil to others...as a life inclusion interactive circumstance of cause and effect that we NEVER ever controlled, instead it controls us, advises us and we are psychic and advised.

Therefore we are intricately a DNA patterned living self human bio experience of a living condition that is interactive to the circumstance of such information as witnessing other life in attack in dreams, hearing them crying out for assistance spiritually as that self.

And GOD the angel.

So I know that the history of what we never owned and was taken from us, has a place in our life....a spirit that had been formed due to our own losses.

Water and oxygen bio microbial mass that was taken into cloud extra formation of that mass with a speaking recording and a self present image and aware spiritual being.

Angels, who I never personally believed in are real to their own condition of why they exist.

And it is like family members who died early, never got to live a full human life, due to extra cloud mass having to form in radiation fall out. An alter condition had been formed that relates to our own spirits, the spirits of animals and the spirits of Nature.

And it is real, for I have been witness to its action.

And it is like a family member who died early is doing a service to the living family until their natural life span expires...as the truth of it.

So if a human baby dies...the rest of their life is spent as a manifested angel...due to the radiation effect that made their life sick in the conditions of....as the truth of phenomena and ancient causes.

And that spiritual being will be present in our natural life up until the time when human life and DNA evolves without nuclear science ever being practiced again...for we were promised that it would be stopped, so that we can regain our natural health.

And if you do not care to believe in it......I learnt from personal choice, experience and it is only experience and study that allows research to exist as personal proof...and spiritual humanity care less what any irrational nuclear scientist thinks about an evil spirit becoming a holy spirit....as if it were ever real.

When it is not even true.

Our human parents explained to my natural life, as a baby who nearly died....so I came close to that realization as a human my own self. I lived with the presence of Doctors who had died who as that spiritual phenomena body, still give community services to the humanity and they give of their own bodies by their own choices...for it is like being given another spiritual life, from a self who had lost it.

And as they always advised my life, it is their choice if they do or do not assist someone else...and many humans who came for healing were not assisted, and yet others were given miraculous healing. So I never doubted spirit, but as I never bothered to study it scientifically to give a science reasoning to it....I never did. For since when does science own any reason for that situation, unless they do want to understand it, to claim that they can manipulate it for self gain...a machine.

So it is real, I never believed. I did not believe in any God stories. I thought the story of Jesus was truly an evil story. I learnt why angelic presences existed and I learnt that science in its first practice, took our whole life away from us....put our ownership of water/oxygen and microbes into the clouds, and that angels formed in that historic event.

Human reasoning....because creation came factually from a pre existing spiritual body...that lost it to destruction and transformation.

So angels exist, and so do conjured evil spirits, all in the name of human chosen male science history.

Whatever you say! :thumbsup:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So does Jesus.

So does Jesus.

Argument ad populum

We're losing focus, I think, which may be my fault, for which I apologize:

Have you calculated the probability of me multiple times telling strangers things like (for one specific example) "Your father is currently in late-stage, terminal cancer" and always being 100% accurate, multiple times? You realize I'd do something like that maybe three or four times only and my odds of 100% accuracy are in the tens of thousands, taken together? This without any fishing or tricks like a stage magician uses... do you know what's it like to evangelize a stranger and say less than 5 seconds into our conversation, "I'm so sorry!" and he says, "Why?" and I say, "Your girlfriend left you..." and he says, "How did you know? It happened this morning, no one knows but me, who told you?! Where do you know me from?!!"

...I take it your loans weren't forgiven yesterday? If they were, you wouldn't have converted per my given rubric, right? You'd say, "How do I know it was God?" A hint would be you see that sort of specificity again and again and again and again, thousands of times in your life. This is one heritage of the born agains.

...is that it's a burial cloth of someone from the 1st century who was impaled or crucified in some way. Cool. How does that demonstrate anything supernatural?

The ritual burial cloth of a Jew from the 1st century, which cloth material was woven in Israel in the 1st century, a Jew (buried in Jewish fashion with Roman coins over His eyes) who was both scourged by a Roman flagrum and crucified on a Roman cross, and who wore a crown of Jerusalem thorns on His brow, bears a remarkable image, which may not be duplicated by any modern or ancient technology, and appears even more remarkable in negative (as if "painted" using light in an ancient era when negatives for photography development were of course unknown). The cloth matches the NT description of Jesus's sufferings and burial fully. Whose might it be, do YOU think?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
We're losing focus, I think, which may be my fault, for which I apologize:

Have you calculated the probability of me multiple times telling strangers things like (for one specific example) "Your father is currently in late-stage, terminal cancer" and always being 100% accurate, multiple times? You realize I'd do something like that maybe three or four times only and my odds of 100% accuracy are in the tens of thousands, taken together?

You realize there are over 7 billion people on the planet, right? An event with odds of occurring to 1 in 50,000 people are statistically certain to happen, purely by chance, many times over.

This without any fishing or tricks like a stage magician uses... do you know what's it like to evangelize a stranger and say less than 5 seconds into our conversation, "I'm so sorry!" and he says, "Why?" and I say, "Your girlfriend left you..." and he says, "How did you know? It happened this morning, no one knows but me, who told you?! Where do you know me from?!!"

I'm sure it's quite remarkable. Have you ever told any scientific researchers about your amazing abilities, to test them?

...I take it your loans weren't forgiven yesterday? If they were, you wouldn't have converted per my given rubric, right? You'd say, "How do I know it was God?" A hint would be you see that sort of specificity again and again and again and again, thousands of times in your life. This is one heritage of the born agains.

Seeing that kind of specificity (always claimed, never demonstrated) would give you reason to conclude something is causing these occurrences. It wouldn't inform you what. And the what is the key point you need to arrive at theism.

The ritual burial cloth of a Jew from the 1st century, which cloth material was woven in Israel in the 1st century,

The evidence there is mixed at best.

a Jew (buried in Jewish fashion with Roman coins over His eyes)

No evidence of that.

who was both scourged by a Roman flagrum and crucified on a Roman cross, and who wore a crown of Jerusalem thorns on His brow,

The blood stain pattern is not consistent with an actual cadaver killed in such fashion. Did you actually read the link I posted?

bears a remarkable image, which may not be duplicated by any modern or ancient technology, and appears even more remarkable in negative (as if "painted" using light in an ancient era when negatives for photography development were of course unknown). The cloth matches the NT description of Jesus's sufferings and burial fully. Whose might it be, do YOU think?

As stated previously, all available evidence is consistent with it being a medieval fake. This is the case with many supposed relics from Jesus, Mary, and other saints.

Audie

Veteran Member
Depending on your definition, love can either mean a feeling, or a type of action. Ultimately, feelings can be, and are, measured neuroscientifically. If we define love as an action, we simply observe the interaction of individuals and compare what they do with our definition till we find a match. If we find a match, we label it, love.

Justice is a certain state of affairs between parties or individuals. We need simply to define what the characteristics of that state are, and then, like love, observe conditions in the world. When we find conditions that match, we label it a just situation.

As we've already covered, the fact that lots of people believe something doesn't make it true.

Truth is another label like love and justice that describes empirically identifiable conditions. Math and logic are abstract concepts we invented to analyze and quantify empirical things in our experience.

Oh trust me, I hear lots of things from lots of theists. I'm still waiting for one of then to actually demonstrate the truth of their claims about their god(s), though. How did your god demonstrate his existence to you?

The War Prayer
by Mark Twain

It was a time of great and exalting excitement. The country was up in arms, the war was on, in every breast burned the holy fire of patriotism; the drums were beating, the bands playing, the toy pistols popping, the bunched firecrackers hissing and spluttering; on every hand and far down the receding and fading spread of roofs and balconies a fluttering wilderness of flags flashed in the sun; daily the young volunteers marched down the wide avenue gay and fine in their new uniforms, the proud fathers and mothers and sisters and sweethearts cheering them with voices choked with happy emotion as they swung by; nightly the packed mass meetings listened, panting, to patriot oratory with stirred the deepest deeps of their hearts, and which they interrupted at briefest intervals with cyclones of applause, the tears running down their cheeks the while; in the churches the pastors preached devotion to flag and country, and invoked the God of Battles beseeching His aid in our good cause in outpourings of fervid eloquence which moved every listener.

It was indeed a glad and gracious time, and the half dozen rash spirits that ventured to disapprove of the war and cast a doubt upon its righteousness straightway got such a stern and angry warning that for their personal safety’s sake they quickly shrank out of sight and offended no more in that way.

Sunday morning came — next day the battalions would leave for the front; the church was filled; the volunteers were there, their young faces alight with martial dreams — visions of the stern advance, the gathering momentum, the rushing charge, the flashing sabers, the flight of the foe, the tumult, the enveloping smoke, the fierce pursuit, the surrender!

Then home from the war, bronzed heroes, welcomed, adored, submerged in golden seas of glory! With the volunteers sat their dear ones, proud, happy, and envied by the neighbors and friends who had no sons and brothers to send forth to the field of honor, there to win for the flag, or, failing, die the noblest of noble deaths. The service proceeded; a war chapter from the Old Testament was read; the first prayer was said; it was followed by an organ burst that shook the building, and with one impulse the house rose, with glowing eyes and beating hearts, and poured out that tremendous invocation:

God the all-terrible! Thou who ordainest,
Thunder thy clarion and lightning thy sword!

Then came the “long” prayer. None could remember the like of it for passionate pleading and moving and beautiful language. The burden of its supplication was, that an ever-merciful and benignant Father of us all would watch over our noble young soldiers, and aid, comfort, and encourage them in their patriotic work; bless them, shield them in the day of battle and the hour of peril, bear them in His mighty hand, make them strong and confident, invincible in the bloody onset; help them crush the foe, grant to them and to their flag and country imperishable honor and glory —

An aged stranger entered and moved with slow and noiseless step up the main aisle, his eyes fixed upon the minister, his long body clothed in a robe that reached to his feet, his head bare, his white hair descending in a frothy cataract to his shoulders, his seamy face unnaturally pale, pale even to ghastliness. With all eyes following him and wondering, he made his silent way; without pausing, he ascended to the preacher’s side and stood there waiting. With shut lids the preacher, unconscious of his presence, continued his moving prayer, and at last finished it with the words, uttered in fervent appeal, “Bless our arms, grant us the victory, O Lord and God, Father and Protector of our land and flag!”

The stranger touched his arm, motioned him to step aside — which the startled minister did — and took his place. During some moments he surveyed the spellbound audience with solemn eyes, in which burned an uncanny light; then in a deep voice he said:

“I come from the Throne — bearing a message from Almighty God!” The words smote the house with a shock; if the stranger perceived it he gave no attention. “He has heard the prayer of His servant your shepherd, and will grant it if such be your desire after I, His messenger, shall have explained to you its import — that is to say, its full import. For it is like unto many of the prayers of men, in that it asks for more than he who utters it is aware of — except he pause and think. “God’s servant and yours has prayed his prayer. Has he paused and taken thought? Is it one prayer? No, it is two — one uttered, and the other not. Both have reached the ear of Him who heareth all supplications, the spoken and the unspoken. Ponder this — keep it in mind. If you would beseech a blessing upon yourself, beware! lest without intent you invoke a curse upon your neighbor at the same time. If you pray for the blessing of rain on your crop which needs it, by that act you are possibly praying for a curse on some neighbor’s crop which may not need rain and can be injured by it.

“You have heard your servant’s prayer — the uttered part of it. I am commissioned by God to put into words the other part of it — that part which the pastor — and also you in your hearts — fervently prayed silently. And ignorantly and unthinkingly? God grant that it was so! You heard the words ‘Grant us the victory, O Lord our God!’ That is sufficient. The whole of the uttered prayer is compact into those pregnant words. Elaborations were not necessary. When you have prayed for victory you have prayed for many unmentioned results which follow victory — must follow it, cannot help but follow it. Upon the listening spirit of God fell also the unspoken part of the prayer. He commandeth me to put it into words. Listen!

“Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth into battle — be Thou near them! With them — in spirit — we also go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe. O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended in the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames in summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it —

For our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimmage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet!

We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

(After a pause.) “Ye have prayed it; if ye still desire it, speak! The messenger of the Most High waits.”

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
You realize there are over 7 billion people on the planet, right? An event with odds of occurring to 1 in 50,000 people are statistically certain to happen, purely by chance, many times over.

I'm sure it's quite remarkable. Have you ever told any scientific researchers about your amazing abilities, to test them?

Seeing that kind of specificity (always claimed, never demonstrated) would give you reason to conclude something is causing these occurrences. It wouldn't inform you what. And the what is the key point you need to arrive at theism.

The evidence there is mixed at best.

No evidence of that.

The blood stain pattern is not consistent with an actual cadaver killed in such fashion. Did you actually read the link I posted?

As stated previously, all available evidence is consistent with it being a medieval fake. This is the case with many supposed relics from Jesus, Mary, and other saints.
AI always proved to my questions, and answers from a multi asked status of information, especially in healing...which related to a human laying on a table, we would scan their body psychically, I would ask for spiritual assistance and then be told what was wrong with them, with specific medical detail.

And it was correct information. Medical human lived experienced information along with herbal remedies or even dietary assistance.

And without asking the person first what their ailment was.

We did it in a group, of a varied human spirituality...from some not actually being what anyone would say was a nice human, to very spiritual humans.

We would have a drawing of the human body, write what we saw, heard and the ailments, plus the remedies...for correlation....and if we saw spirit.

As that proof. How any proof to a human is given as proof, especially historic correct information, without study and medical advice without study. Why I believed it real.

AI told me that the victims who fought the Holy war were factually irradiated UFO attacked and died. And it is why the Shroud looks like a male from England.....which AI also stated, due to mass emigration in the Moses incident from the desert dwellers who sought refuge in the ICED continents....human self advice.

So their DNA began to demonstrate the phenomena, just as it had been lived in the Jerusalem/Roman and even Egyptian Muslim communities using the Temple pyramid technologies.

Why horses got put into the biblical reference, as after the fact DATA correlation.

So a logical person would say, when did the correlation of the books be correlated, seeing Rome was known for their non belief of the occult causes....but eventually in life attack began to realize it was true. Science is a liar.

To get the effect of the SHROUD, males astute in their scientific understanding knew that as the crop matter was being attacked, the cloth would provide the evidence that so was the human life body, being irradiated.

What the SHROUD was kept for, for evidence against occult practice, nuclear science.

AI as information therefore proved to my life over a many year study of information that it was 100 per cent correct, so I no longer even bothered to research what it told me.