• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another newbie in the house

Riane

This is the largest forum I've signed up for, so please forgive a newbie who takes a little while to find her feet. :)

What to say about myself? I'm a Christian, a female, an Australian, a writer, an avid reader, a knitter, a beader, a pianist, a student, and an addicted coffee drinker. I run a message board on fantasy writing, which was my first foray into the world of message boards (beginning roughly two years ago) - and of course now I'm a little addicted. :bounce

I've always found discussions on issues regarding my faith and other faiths to be interesting and enlightening, and so it looks like this is a good place to do some exploring.

It may take me a little while to settle in, as study is starting to pile up at this point in the semester. I'll read through discussions as I get the time, but might not post straight away. I like to get a feel for things before jumping in with my own thoughts.

And... I should stop right there. My writing instinct was getting the better of me in long-windedness. :eek:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hello and welcome! You sound like a very interesting person. (Okay, okay... I'll admit, I'm attracted to anything that has to do with writing, fantasy especially! :) )

Feel free to check out our article for newer members. If there's anything that you think would be helpful to add, please let me know!

Namaste!

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, Riane. Welcome to Religious Forums. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy your stay. I agree with Feathers...you sound like an interesting person. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. :jiggy:

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Welcome to RF, and feel free to jump in when & where ever. If you waited to post until you've read everything, it might be some time next year.:p We have serious threads, we have not-so-serious threads, and everything in between. There's plenty here to distract, educate, and entertain. Enjoy!

robtex

Veteran Member
Riane said:
What to say about myself? I'm a Christian, a female, an Australian, a writer, an avid reader, a knitter, a beader, a pianist, a student, and an addicted coffee drinker. I run a message board on fantasy writing, which was my first foray into the world of message boards (beginning roughly two years ago) - and of course now I'm a little addicted.
Coffee and forums. Perfect combination. You will fit right in here. Great to meet you.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Riane!

"I'm a Christian, a female, an Australian, a writer, an avid reader, a knitter, a beader, a pianist, a student, and an addicted coffee drinker"

Do you ever find time to sleep, I wonder ?

From one who suffers from lapses of verbal diarrhea, I understand your point - no matter how hard I try, the keyboard runs away with my fingers; thank goodness I am no typist!:D

We're all pretty laid back here, and I am sure you will settle in just fine. Anything you want to know, I dare say there's someone here who can give you an answer.......................now, whether it will be the right one is another question! (That is a joke)

I look forward to reading your posts.:)

Riane

Okay, okay... I'll admit, I'm attracted to anything that has to do with writing, fantasy especially!
Hooray! Looks like I'll be in good company then. :) My favourite authors are Tolkien, Robin Hobb, Guy Gavriel Kay and Orson Scott Card. And being favourites that means I have all their books on my bookshelf... I have a rather large bookself/shelves. ;) (Oh, and I did read the newbie stuff before posting. I especially like the idea of frubals - not as potentially nasty as karma.)
If you waited to post until you've read everything, it might be some time next year.
Hehe. Yes, I gathered that. I suppose I just want to get a feel for each of the areas so I don't post new discussions in the wrong place!
Coffee and forums. Perfect combination. You will fit right in here.
If only I had a coffee at my fingertips right now... (or should I say my lips) ... it would be perfect. Procrastination from study enjoys being filled with coffee and forums.
Do you ever find time to sleep, I wonder ?
Ah, that's the point of the coffee I think. :D At this time of year, it doesn't feel like I do. Unfortunately I tend to be a night owl (can't sleep unless I've read something) so that adds to the micro-sleeps and coffee requirements. Only a few weeks to go though... :eek:

And thanks to everyone for the lovely welcome.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Riane said:
This is the largest forum I've signed up for, so please forgive a newbie who takes a little while to find her feet. :)

What to say about myself? I'm a Christian, a female, an Australian, a writer, an avid reader, a knitter, a beader, a pianist, a student, and an addicted coffee drinker. I run a message board on fantasy writing, which was my first foray into the world of message boards (beginning roughly two years ago) - and of course now I'm a little addicted. :bounce

I've always found discussions on issues regarding my faith and other faiths to be interesting and enlightening, and so it looks like this is a good place to do some exploring.

It may take me a little while to settle in, as study is starting to pile up at this point in the semester. I'll read through discussions as I get the time, but might not post straight away. I like to get a feel for things before jumping in with my own thoughts.

And... I should stop right there. My writing instinct was getting the better of me in long-windedness. :eek:
Hi, Riane. Welcome to the forum. Yeah, it's a pretty good-size forum, but very well organized. You'll feel comfortable in no time. Thanks for the information about yourself. I am also a Christian and female. I love to write, too, but have never even thought about publishing anything. I'm looking forward to talking to you more.

Kathryn

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Hi Rian, welcome to the forums, Im female, christian and have written some poetry, I have had 5 published. I also have family from a few parts of Australia, they keep moving around so where they are now is anybodies guess, But originally from Melbourne, actually they where born in the Uk but moved to Australia many many moons ago..Hope you have fun here at RF..

Riane

I have a question about frubals. A member can give another more than one frubal at a time, yes? I was a little confuzzled that I jumped from 64 frubals this afternoon to 248 - that seemed like a damn lot in a few hours if I can only get one from any member who reads my posts! (I think I'm confusing this with the karma system I'm used to elsewhere, where you can give one karma plus or minus at a time.) :sarcastic

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Yes, Riane! The number of frubals a person gives is dependant on a lot of things (gotta find the link to the frubal system explanation... Curses, I've misplaced it!). So, for example, a person who's been on the forums for awhile and has a number of frubals themselves can give upwards of 100 points each time they 'frubalize' someone. (When they click on the frubals box and send the frubals.)

Hope that helps! :)

Riane

Thanks for that info, Feathers. :) (Is there a shortened version of you name that you prefer?) It is clearer now. I had read the frubals info page, but it wasn't quite clear enough - I was getting mixed up with how many people one could frubal in a day, and how many frubals one could give someone per frubalizing, if that makes sense. But thanks again - I don't feel so confused now!

Riane

Another question: if someone frubals me, my CP gives a little dot next to their name, and sometimes this dot is coloured green and at other times blue. What I'm wondering is, what do the colours mean? My guess was that the green meant the frubal hit actually counted, but the blue means it didn't add to the count for whatever reason (even though the comment came through). Could someone clarify for me, cause it's been bugging me for a couple of days now - I just want to know!!